What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Board of Regents Public Meetings this week...

And whether it's another regent or somebody at these open meetings needs to be able to counter Kroll when he gets on a soapbox about how "well, they spent $160 million on the football program, why aren't we spending that money on the students?" That's not how this works, that's not how any of this works.

Also need to call his BS on the $8 million in student fees over 4 years going to the AD, and then tell him how much revenue the AD brings them in tuition and fees paid to the university, all of whom are charged out of state tuition even if they are in state students.

Also need to call his BS on the $8 million in student fees over 4 years going to the AD, and then tell him how much revenue the AD brings them in tuition and fees paid to the university, all of whom are charged out of state tuition even if they are in state students.

Average tuition a little over $52k.
Average room & board a little over $13k.

85 scholarship players. 85 x $65k = $5,525,000

4-year period. $5.525M x 4 = $22,100,000
Student fees over same period. $8,000,000

Profit to the university: $14,100,000

What was the argument again?

Tell Jack Kroll he should return any compensation he gets as Regent to the students.

Question, how do you get to be a regent at CU? Is it a voting process or just a selection type thing? Idk, just wondered.

Question, how do you get to be a regent at CU? Is it a voting process or just a selection type thing? Idk, just wondered.
Voted on by Congressional District and a couple of at large candidates. Kroll came from CD 1, the same voters who brought you Diana DeGette, if that gives you any insight.

After everything we've been through as a school, Alumni base, AD and a fan base over the last +/- 15 years.....the scandal, the misinformation that the school allowed to run rampant via a calculated smear campaign, the careers that were ruined, the regents that were allowed to have a conflict of interest in having their spouse prosecute the school.....the self imposed prison sentence for the AD that came as a result. ALL because no one had the backbone to stand up and talk about facts and truth....and call the AD haters on the carpet. (NOTE: I know that some positive changes came to the school as a result of self introspection by the school, but the above was still largely unnecessary)

After all of that, if someone (Benson and/or other regents) doesn't stand up to squash this and defend a group of men (MM, RG and PD) that I believe really were trying to do the right thing, weren't trying to intentionally cover anything up, and were allowing the process to take its course......They are by default allowing these imbeciles to continue to run with this story and recreate a "scandal". I then may finally be convinced that we will never have a sustainable, successful FB team again. Whenever we have some success, the haters will find some side story (every team, every year has one) to smear the AD and create an environment for every Jack Kroll to have his soap box 15 minutes without an opposing position for the outside world to hear. and the school will allow it irregardless of facts and truth. I can't support that, I just can't. It is truly the definition of insanity.....

I also agree with whoever made the comment that if I were MM, I'd have one foot out the door after being drug through this. There is almost nowhere in the country that he'd have to deal such public scrutiny of his character in a similar situation.

Last edited:
You flatter. I think Nik and them do a much better job. My expertise is too... narrow. Nik gets the public opinion stuff. I just try and be right.

I'm not sure I'm the right guy for politics. I can see myself starting my turn at the mic with, "Mr. Kroll, with all due respect, you are completely full of **** and you either know it or you are an idiot."

I'm not sure I'm the right guy for politics. I can see myself starting my turn at the mic with, "Mr. Kroll, with all due respect, you are completely full of **** and you either know it or you are an idiot."
I get that: "Mr. Kroll, you enjoy football games, but based your entire candidacy on a vile lie to the public about how private football funds are taking away public money from students. Are you still pursuing your nakedly political agenda here in an attempt to drum up support for a no doubt awful and similarly alternative fact heavy future political career?"

I think it may be time for the C Club, CU Foundation & Buffs 4 Life to organize a tactical recall effort. Those groups have the clout and names to get this done.

I get that: "Mr. Kroll, you enjoy football games, but based your entire candidacy on a vile lie to the public about how private football funds are taking away public money from students. Are you still pursuing your nakedly political agenda here in an attempt to drum up support for a no doubt awful and similarly alternative fact heavy future political career?"
See?

Perfect. Help us, Darth Snow, you're our only hope. I need a shower.

The sad part is, I have no doubt that he's not an idiot.

It's 2017 and I still hear, "athletes make way too much money," even from very intelligent people. I always give them the "hmm, do you mean philosophically?" And then I make sure to remind them how small of a piece of the billion dollar industry pie the athletes are actually receiving so I don't have to hear that terrible opinion anymore. There are people out there who take the owner's sides on everything.

I'm certain that if a politician made a platform to reduce athlete salaries, he/she would gain some traction with it even though all of us sports fans would bust a gut laughing at how dumb that is. I think that's what happened here. No real facts but a lot of, "why do the CU athletes get so much money invested in them when you PAY to go here!"

The sad part is, I have no doubt that he's not an idiot.

It's 2017 and I still hear, "athletes make way too much money," even from very intelligent people. I always give them the "hmm, do you mean philosophically?" And then I make sure to remind them how small of a piece of the billion dollar industry pie the athletes are actually receiving so I don't have to hear that terrible opinion anymore. There are people out there who take the owner's sides on everything.

I'm certain that if a politician made a platform to reduce athlete salaries, he/she would gain some traction with it even though all of us sports fans would bust a gut laughing at how dumb that is. I think that's what happened here. No real facts but a lot of, "why do the CU athletes get so much money invested in them when you PAY to go here!"

There are also those who believe that my donation of $1,000 to the Football Excellence Fund would have gone to the University's general fund or a specific school if I hadn't given that money to athletics. Completely ignorant of how things with money work in the real world.

There are also those who believe that my donation of $1,000 to the Football Excellence Fund would have gone to the University's general fund or a specific school if I hadn't given that money to athletics. Completely ignorant of how things with money work in the real world.

Yep, and those thousands and thousands of season ticket holders would spend their money on theater season tickets if the AD didn't exist.

Back