What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Bob Stitt - run game coordinator?

Why would Stitt be a RUN GAME coordinator?
I get that the receiver in motion/shovel is technically a pass, but Mines throws...a lot.
CSM's rankings in D-II rushing this past season? 138th out of 156. 125th in 2011 and 134th in 2010.
Lindgren hasn't coached a ton, granted, and that's never exciting, but the WAC is still better than D-II.
At some point, a young coach has to be given a bigger, better opportunity, otherwise no one would advance. If it is Lindgren (which I'm sure it will be), then let's see what he can do.

Why would Stitt be a RUN GAME coordinator?
I get that the receiver in motion/shovel is technically a pass, but Mines throws...a lot.
CSM's rankings in D-II rushing this past season? 138th out of 156. 125th in 2011 and 134th in 2010.
Lindgren hasn't coached a ton, granted, and that's never exciting, but the WAC is still better than D-II.
At some point, a young coach has to be given a bigger, better opportunity, otherwise no one would advance. If it is Lindgren (which I'm sure it will be), then let's see what he can do.
His offense works pretty well for West Virginia.

He's rumored to be on the short list for around 4 BCS jobs including aTm and Texas Tech.

aTm wouldn't surprise me - but I doubt TTU is in the running now that they have Kliff the Kid

aTm wouldn't surprise me - but I doubt TTU is in the running now that they have Kliff the Kid
I know nothing about Stitt's offense and, therefore have no real feeling as to whether or not he'd be a good hire.

I know nothing about Stitt's offense and, therefore have no real feeling as to whether or not he'd be a good hire.

He won't be hired as OC because he wants complete control and Kliff won't allow that in all likelyhood

Why is this a red flag?

Jimmy Wood ‏@JimmyWoodCU
More red flags folks RT@reedmarks Bob Stitt has not been contacted be #CU. Neither has Matt Lubick. Both would be interested in positions.

It is a "redflag" to those guys because they know Stitt and would get more access to the program so they are pushing to get him hired. Apparently being on the radio makes you qualified to tell someone else how to do a job you've never had and to hire people you've never interviewed, coached against, or even met.

Last edited:
Agree. The red flag is probably the dumbest tweet I have seen today and that is saying something.

USA today writes one article on Stitt and all the sudden CU and Mac don't know what they are doing because they are not hiring him. Well no one else has hired him either.
jimmy has gone full retard... its pretty sad

It is a "redflag" to those guys because they know Stitt and would get more access to the program so they are pushing to get him hired. Apparently being on the radio makes you qualified to tell someone else how to do a job you've never had and to hire people you've never interviewed, coached against, or even met.

HAH. DalWardBuffslapped.

I get that some have high regards for Stitt. But "red flag"? That seems a bit much.

Unless Stitt would be the OC it would be a waste of his talents. Wow Lindgren is 32? That is young for an OC. But this is how coaches work, they bring the staff that made them successful. Unless your Bielema who is a giant ass.

L There's more than one path to the big time, and you don't have to start as a grad assistant at a Div I school in order to be a good coach...

Right, so he has been carefully building the resume by spending 12 years at what can only be considered college footballs Siberia. Clever.

In-state recruiting

We desperately need to fix relationships in-state

I get that, but I'm pretty sure if there's one thing we can count on Mac to do is fix in state recruiting. Did McElwein get his blanket Colorado strategy from Mac who did it in a much larger state? It sure seems like he did it earlier than McElwein did.

I also get that some well known air raid type OCs have consulted with Stitt and even borrowed some plays from him. He's obviously got a few things up his sleeve and maybe he is Chip Kelly part 2. I just don't see why we'd prefer him over Mac's OC who is quite the up and comer himself. Someone who has done it at the D1 level against D1 defenses.

Lastly, if Stitt having a bunch of suitors is true, why now? What was stopping him from having offers from all of these big time schools the last few years? Suddenly this year is when the BCS schools are choosing to unleash the Stitt? If Lindgren doesn't want to come/gets a better offer, by all means I hope Stitt is contacted, but I'm not going to be mad if Mac doesn't want his turnaround to hinge on hiring a D2 coach that he doesn't know.

Stitt is credited with inventing the fly sweep, a run play with confusion on who gets the ball, misdirection, etc. He's an ideal run game coordinator. Doubt any BCS team gives him full OC duties. Perfect opportunity to get a raise and a position on a BCS staff.

There are some rumors within the Longhorn's I work with and the one I live with that Mac Brown has contacted Sitt,..... there are also Galactic rumors Lando Calrissian has contacted Sitt about forming an Offensive against the Empire with an improved version of the Jet sweep,..... the "X- Wing Waggle" I have heard it referred to.

Two more strikes against him

There are some rumors within the Longhorn's I work with and the one I live with that Mac Brown has contacted Sitt,..... there are also Galactic rumors Lando Calrissian has contacted Sitt about forming an Offensive against the Empire with an improved version of the Jet sweep,..... the "X- Wing Waggle" I have heard it referred to.

If he is talking with texas it isn't working with some of the best athletes in the country.

If he is giving guidance to the empire, that ended badly in every movie I remember.If they want to smooth things over with in state recruiting, start running some camps and hiring local guys to get them a check during the summer. I don't think hiring the coach in Golden is the right way.

Stitt is credited with inventing the fly sweep, a run play with confusion on who gets the ball, misdirection, etc. He's an ideal run game coordinator. Doubt any BCS team gives him full OC duties. Perfect opportunity to get a raise and a position on a BCS staff.
He invented the fly sweep? I think you mean he changed it. His fly sweep is a forward pass.

Doesn't Mines average about 50 yards rushing per game? This does not compute. Hell, why not sign up the Nebraska-Kearney DC while we're at it. That guy shut down Stitt's offense two years in a row.

I'll say it again, Stitt has one hell of a PR machine.

Are the people clamoring for Stitt, the same people that said we better lock up EB before somebody else steals him from us? It sure feels the same.

Are the people clamoring for Stitt, the same people that said we better lock up EB before somebody else steals him from us? It sure feels the same.

Exactly right. The same people who were saying Bieniemy was going to get the offensive coordinator job at USC are now begging for Stitt!

Back