What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Bob Stitt - run game coordinator?

Are the people clamoring for Stitt, the same people that said we better lock up EB before somebody else steals him from us? It sure feels the same.

I see your point. Funny how a lot of people just felt like EB was going to be so great given his background. I think more than a few were more cautious at that time.

Bob Stitt is sort of the opposite of EB though. He has done amazing things at Mines and he is unquestionably a bright guy, who wants to stay in Colorado and will have a major job soon enough.

Bob Stitt's only question mark is can he translate it from Mines to BCS football? I would suggest that offenses play against similarly skilled defenses at all levels. Yes, each step up, the athletes get better, but it's better on both sides. It's been proven a bunch of times recently that guys that did innovative things on offense (even at the High School level) were able to bring that same innovation forward to the BCS level.

I don't see a parallel at all between Stitt and EB frankly. Stitt has innovated and succeeded at a lower level. EB - we were never sure what he did and did not do with the Vikings.

References:
Gus Malzahn: Went from coach of Sprindale High School for 5 years to Offensive Coordinator at Arkansas, where he was named the National Offensive Coordinator of the Year by Rivals.com
Chip Kelly: Spent 6 years as Offensive Coordinator at New Hampshire before joining Oregon in the same role. In his first year, Oregon led the Pac-10 in scoring and total offense while amassing the most yards in the history of Oregon football.
Chad Morris: Coached High School football in Texas until 2010, when he became the Offensive Coordinator for Tulsa. Clemson made him the highest paid Assistant Coach in football in 2011.

Last edited:
Given that Coach TunaMac has history with Lindgren, I am absolutely ok with that as well if he so chooses.

Whomever Mac chooses is fine. He has to pay the price of failure, go build it how he wants to. I would just like the staff to be set.

Back