What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Bobby Kennedy to coach CU Buffs receivers

:woot:

This staff is ridiculous for recruiting. Very impressive.

Awesome recruiting wise. Not highly regarded by Horn fans for his coaching however

What happened to the reports that this guy was deceased? How will this affect recruiting?

It turns out it was a spelling error. He's only "diseased" so it shouldn't be a problem with the recruits. Nothing a little tetracycline wouldn't clear up...we've all been there.

Sirhan_Sirhan.gif

It turns out it was a spelling error. He's only "diseased" so it shouldn't be a problem with the recruits. Nothing a little tetracycline wouldn't clear up...we've all been there.

Sirhan_Sirhan.gif

Does he have access to unicorns? We are going to need quite a few.

Awesome recruiting wise. Not highly regarded by Horn fans for his coaching however

Spoiled imo

All I know is Shipley was a stud.

Well.. and this guy has been at UT since 2004 and coached in 2 national title games. He must've been doing something right.

Welcome home, Bobby.

The recruiting accumen of this staff does seem, on the surface, to be very impressive.

This is assume news. I was getting nervous, especially with the UNC head coaching job open. Not only is Kennedy a great recruiter, it also shows that Embree can deliver. So far he has brought in all the coaches he targetted except one, and it is likely that he will deliver a coach of equal ability for QB's.
Regarding Kennedy not being much of a coach and only a recruiter, the following is one Longhorns impression found on the Cal board,

Tremendous recruiter, but got lazy. His name is mentioned in this scandal with Gloria Allread representing some woman who was once part of the athletic department.

Initially, his coaching was terrific. Somewhere down the road, ~2007 or 2008, he seemed to be mailing it in. But this recruiting, though sometimes of the poorly evaluated talent, was dogged. Perhaps, his coaching suffered because he had misevaluated talent.

I don't think he has been officially let go, in fact, he has been instrumental in keeping this recruiting class together, so far, which is a tremendous feat.

In the end, I would not mind seeing him go. I think Texas fans would not mind seeing a young, hungry turk in there. Kennedy has been more than compensated for his time at Texas and is also in the running for the HC at N. Colorado and for WR coach at Colorado. Send him on a 1-way rail there.

Hopefully, the new challenge at CU will fire him up. So far this is an excellent staff, one more x and o guy and we are set.

**** that! i am nominating myself for qb coach. my ps3 x's and o's prowess are all the prep i need. i won the national championship with robert hodge as my qb. think about that. and, with cody. twice.

tebow has got nothing on me, man.

:rofl:

One more thing. Embree (with help from Bohn) has brought coaches, making lateral moves, from Arizona, Texas, CAL and USC (if you consider EB turned done the same position there at the beginning of the year. That has not happened in a long time, if ever.

Alfred and Kennedy recruiting Texas - check.
EB & Hagan recruiting California - check.
Tui & Cabral recruiting AZ and the islands - check.
Brown, Marshall & everybody else recruiting Colorado and beyond - check.

Very solid group of recruiters with some excellent X&O types sprinkled in for good measure. I'm still not sold on Embree as the guy, but his assistants are top notch.

Kanavis and Kennedy recruiting Texas - check.

Very solid group of recruiters with some excellent X&O types sprinkled in for good measure. I'm still not sold on Embree as the guy, but his assistants are top notch.

fify

Alfred and Kennedy recruiting Texas - check.

I hope Al is not recruiting TX. That would get us in serious trouble.

Back