What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Bobby Kennedy to coach CU Buffs receivers

So, we need a qb coach who can recruit Florida. Then we'll be all set.

in all seriousness, i think they need some gray hair at the qb coach slot. someone who has seen a lot at different levels and who has loads of experience...

i thought walt harris would have been awesome. we've got recruiters. we need at least 1 offensive guy who is an experienced x's and o's guy.

I believe they are making a serious commitment to recruit Texas and California.

All the negative crap from UT about all their assistants show how spoiled they have become. UT has won 10+ games year in and year out for over a decade - one bad year and they are jettisoning their entire staff. You are not a bad coach and have that many winning seasons.

in all seriousness, i think they need some gray hair at the qb coach slot. someone who has seen a lot at different levels and who has loads of experience...

i thought walt harris would have been awesome. we've got recruiters. we need at least 1 offensive guy who is an experienced x's and o's guy.

Dick Curl with St. Louis would be allsome. He's like 70, but he's an incredible QB coach who has done it all (check out all the rookie records Sam Bradford is setting). Embree worked under him on Herm Edwards' staff in Kansas City.

Lots of sour grapes down this way, wouldn't worry too much about about Whorn fans' take on Kennedy. Big Mack now looking at 5 to replace on his staff the implosion in Austin is epic.

So glad we could help contribute to UT's downfall!:lol:

Longhorn WRs under Kennedy who are still in NFL:

Jordan Shipley - Bengals (2010 draft - 3rd round)
Quan Cosby - Bengals (2009 - undrafted)
Limas Sweed - Steelers (2008 - 2nd round)
Roy Williams - Cowboys (2004 - 1st round)

Dick Curl with St. Louis would be allsome. He's like 70, but he's an incredible QB coach who has done it all (check out all the rookie records Sam Bradford is setting). Embree worked under him on Herm Edwards' staff in Kansas City.

Dick curls also build up your dick muscles.

Dick curl..um...I didn't see this in my P90X workout...

I agree that we need an older/"wiser" person on the offensive side of the ball, but more importantly, we need to get the right hire. I was not a fan of Walt Harris coming here, but I would be of Curl - good find...I'm not sure Embree would be able to pull that hire though.

Back to Kennedy though - I sort of share Texas fans' concerns about his coaching. Kirkendoll, Williams, and Chiles were all highly regarded...they haven't done much. Yes, you lose sometimes on highly regarded players, but Texas has had lots of talent. Kennedy has not coached them up to their potential at all in my opinion. I'm not saying he's a bad coach - he did do some good with Sweed and Shipley, but I can't sit here and be awed by his coaching. He's a great recruiter, but I put coaching ahead of recruiting. I am happy though that Embree got his man as originally reported.

I agree that we need an older/"wiser" person on the offensive side of the ball, but more importantly, we need to get the right hire. I was not a fan of Walt Harris coming here, but I would be of Curl - good find...I'm not sure Embree would be able to pull that hire though.

Back to Kennedy though - I sort of share Texas fans' concerns about his coaching. Kirkendoll, Williams, and Chiles were all highly regarded...they haven't done much. Yes, you lose sometimes on highly regarded players, but Texas has had lots of talent. Kennedy has not coached them up to their potential at all in my opinion. I'm not saying he's a bad coach - he did do some good with Sweed and Shipley, but I can't sit here and be awed by his coaching. He's a great recruiter, but I put coaching ahead of recruiting. I am happy though that Embree got his man as originally reported.

Converted QB - just sayin'. And Kirkendoll had a sense of entitlement about him, wasn't willing to put in the work. Williams was a stud at UT, just didn't pan out so well in the NFL.

Longhorn WRs under Kennedy who are still in NFL:

Jordan Shipley - Bengals (2010 draft - 3rd round)
Quan Cosby - Bengals (2009 - undrafted)
Limas Sweed - Steelers (2008 - 2nd round)
Roy Williams - Cowboys (2004 - 1st round)

Darryl Drake was actually Roy Williams position coach, as I recall. Kennedy arrived at Texas the spring Roy was drafted. Not a bad 3 left on that list, though a lot of attrition or plateau among the rest of the higher-rated recruits since '04.

I'm pipe dreaming about Kubiak especially since the potential lockout may have him settling for less than college HC, but I'd think he'd want at least OC or else stay home and rest a year and wait for better offers. But if NFL position coaches are on the roam next season, I'll gladly take Carl Smith (Cleveland) on a recommendation from an old Saints fan impressed with his time there. Also Smith was USC's QB guru in 2004.

Great hire. If we are talking about highly talented WRs underperforming in a few years, we are ahead of the curve, all things considered.

Back