What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Bohn and Hawkins

Agreed - there is no reason that Hawkins should remain as coach any longer. The search should begin asap in order to give the new staff as much time as possible for recruiting.

I don't think there is any reason that CU has to have fired their current head coach to begin searching for a new one. All parties (CU and any prospective coaches) are certainly already communicating via 3rd parties.

I hate echoing Buffnik and feeding that smug smile of self-satisfaction (j/k nik, lighten up!), but he's right. People who agree with my personal convictions are both right and smart, in my world.

Bohn making any public statement now about the coaching situation would only give some fans some small satisfaction, but not help the big picture for our future. His ability to not comment about supporting the coaching staff speaks volumes. But we all have to act as though there is some miracle scenario in which jobs will be saved, so that the season can be played out with minimal damage. If they aren't removing coaches during the season, then he can't say anything more.

We have already seen that there is a careless attitude toward burning redshirts at this point; let's not give anyone ammunition to add to the list of kids who have had one or two plays and burned a year in eligibility without gaining any real experience that will be useful in the future.

Does it really matter if kids are redshirted at this point, seriously?

Don't get me wrong, I don't HOPE the coaches burn any redshirts simply for the sake of "getting even" but at the same time, this isn't like 1997 when we had a huge recruiting class that pretty much guaranteed future success by redshirting the entire lot of them.

It's not really a huge deal imo. I would just rather see RS stay on certain kids if possible. If they're the best option we got, play them. If not, don't burn them.

If you are going to play them because we need them, fine. If they are tossed in for a play or two, and then benched, sucks for CU and the players.

So Bohn had a conversation with Hawk on the plane going down to Oklahoma. When reporters asked what Hawk said to Bohn, Hawk politely ended the presser. What do you think was said?:lol:
Do you have my extension ready? I'll sign it when we get back to Boulder.

Bohn making any public statement now about the coaching situation would only give some fans some small satisfaction, but not help the big picture for our future.

The more I think about the whole situation, the more I agree with this statement. Last week I wanted Bohn to come out and publicly say Hawkins is gone but now I realize that it really doesn't accomplish anything substantial.

The administration and AD knew what they were getting into last year when they decided to retain Hawkins. Right now, however unlikely it is, CU still has a chance to go bowling. There is nothing to indicate that the team has given up on Hawk, so their best chance is with him at the wheel.

Besides the slim chance at a bowl game, the rest of the season is about damage control, a keep your friends close and your enemies closer type thing. We know the damage Hawk has done with his mouth in the past, so why pour fuel on the fire? Hold on until the end of the season, put the Hawk era to bed then begin a new, hopefully more successful era in the PAC-12.

Go Buffs! :thumbsup:

I find it shocking how many posters think it would be appropriate for Bohn to publicly make negative comments about Hawkins. PR is a large part of his job, and it would be simply inappropriate for him to call out a coach through the media.

I find it shocking how many posters think it would be appropriate for Bohn to publicly make negative comments about Hawkins. PR is a large part of his job, and it would be simply inappropriate for him to call out a coach through the media.

Agreed. He will say nothing until the season is over and then announce DH will not be re-upped and we are looking for a new coach. He will thank DH for cleaning up the program and for all his hard work rebuilding the foundation academically and talent wise. Then DH will ride off into the sunset and start looking for a HS Special teams job.

Agreed. He will say nothing until the season is over and then announce DH will not be re-upped and we are looking for a new coach. He will thank DH for cleaning up the program and for all his hard work rebuilding the foundation academically and talent wise. Then DH will ride off into the sunset and start looking for a HS Special teams job.

Agree and he will say nice things when he announces he has fired Hawk like the improvement in academics and he got us thru a rough time off of the field and blah blah blah. And then he will move on with some very limited comments that lay out the process for getting the next coach on board. That will be the end of Hawkins and his tenure at CU.

Agree and he will say nice things when he announces he has fired Hawk like the improvement in academics and he got us thru a rough time off of the field and blah blah blah. And then he will move on with some very limited comments that lay out the process for getting the next coach on board. That will be the end of Hawkins and his tenure at CU.

Agree with both of these.

Agreed. He will say nothing until the season is over and then announce DH will not be re-upped and we are looking for a new coach. He will thank DH for cleaning up the program and for all his hard work rebuilding the foundation academically and talent wise. Then DH will ride off into the sunset and start looking for a HS Special ed job.

fify

You know, a little Hawk Love along with lots of high fives and a generous juicebox policy would probably be very successful with the special ed crowd.

He won't have to look far, because I would think Riddle could use the assistance running those clinics he's been talking about. I mean, Riddle would give a buddy a job, wouldn't he? Scratch my back, and all that?

:wow: God, the irony of Riddle starting a business running special teams coaching clinics across the country and then NOT letting Hawkins on board because he's a liability ... too funny to contemplate.

AJ,

I didn't think I would see it from you, but you seem legitimately angry at Hawkins and Riddle. I don't think incompetence on their part would get you there. In fact, the only thing I can think of that would get you there is if you felt they weren't treating the kids well. And that takes it to a whole 'nother level for me.

I hope the players know that the nightmare is almost over and that much better days are ahead.

AJ,

I didn't think I would see it from you, but you seem legitimately angry at Hawkins and Riddle. I don't think incompetence on their part would get you there. In fact, the only thing I can think of that would get you there is if you felt they weren't treating the kids well. And that takes it to a whole 'nother level for me.

I hope the players know that the nightmare is almost over and that much better days are ahead.

You are correct.

Back