What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Bohn going to keep CU coach Hawkins for now

Matt

OddlySocial
Club Member
By John Henderson
The Denver Post

LAWRENCE, Kan. — Colorado coach Dan Hawkins will likely keep his job until the end of the season, a source said Saturday night, and said athletic director Mike Bohn wants to keep the continuity with quarterback Cody Hawkins, the coach's son.

Bohn issued a prepared statement after returning to Boulder from the Buffaloes' 52-45 loss to Kansas, which scored the last 35 points of the fourth quarter.

Full Story

By John Henderson
The Denver Post

LAWRENCE, Kan. — Colorado coach Dan Hawkins will likely keep his job until the end of the season, a source said Saturday night, and said athletic director Mike Bohn wants to keep the continuity with quarterback Cody Hawkins, the coach's son.

Bohn issued a prepared statement after returning to Boulder from the Buffaloes' 52-45 loss to Kansas, which scored the last 35 points of the fourth quarter.

Full Story

Keep the continuity with Cody? What continuity??? Cody is our last option at QB right now - he's playing the rest of the season unless he gets hurt - that I'm fairly confident whoever would serve as interim coach would not throw away Hirschman or Gorman's redshirts at this point in the season...

I don't think the "Cody Factor" explains what bohn is (isn't) doing. That's just something for him to hide behind and justify his failure to act. Cody is a true Buff, he wouldn't quit on his teammates and they know it.
This excuse by bohn is not only lowlife, it puts a heavy burden on Cody, as it will cause many fans to blame him for the coachin situation. To me, this is real cowardly by bohn: he's making Cody his sacrificial goat

Hey Mike whats more important, losing a couple of coaches and a player who won't be around next year or losing fans with every bohnhead move you make.

This is by far the worst run AD in the country, easily. embarrassing.

Keep the continuity with Cody? What continuity??? Cody is our last option at QB right now - he's playing the rest of the season unless he gets hurt - that I'm fairly confident whoever would serve as interim coach would not throw away Hirschman or Gorman's redshirts at this point in the season...

Everyone is so worried about burning those redshirts...but why is anyone convinced that it matters? This regime has clearly whiffed on all of the QB prospects we have seen, are we so sure that these guys aren't just another Cody?

Change the staff! If it means no Cody, so be it. The faster we get a new staff in here, the sooner we can land legit QB prospects and begin to rebuild.

This is obviously DH's only focus: "Cody Hawkins, a senior, is 919 yards away from the school's all-time passing record, held by Joel Klatt."

While I agree that Bohn shouldn't be the person to make the next coaching hire I don't think the blame is all his. Everyone has someone to answer to; this is no different for Mike Bohn. He's pretty much the puppet of an inept administration that has no dedication to CU Athletics and only see it as a necessary evil. Yes, Bohn deserves his share of blame but the administration is ultimately responsible for this mess.

If this is true, then I have lost faith in Mike Bohn. Serious lack of leadership and understanding from him. He did a few nice things here, but we can probably find some who could do more for us. We just cut ties with him as well.

maybe benson will finally figure it all out. i will say i have mixed feelings about bohn. he has done some great things for CU-- the move to the p10 is so great that it causes me to pause before calling for bohn's head.

but, in my perfect world, benson would bow to pressure (and financial commitments) from our handful of big money boosters. Mac would be installed as the AD. he'd bring in a great hc and great coordinators and we'd be off to the races again. i know it won't happen. so, instead, i am going to hope they have a plan. for the life of me, i can't figure out what it is at this point, however. i can't think of a single compelling reason to keep hawkins on the sidelines the rest of the year. the cody factor ain't it.

This is so typical!!! Winning football games will never be a priority under the current regime. Bohn is nothing more than a puppet of the admin. We need an AD with with some balls here. Bohn needs to go, along with D2D, Kiesau and the rest of the jackasses that have destroyed this program.

Hey Mike whats more important, losing a couple of coaches and a player who won't be around next year or losing fans with every bohnhead move you make.

This is by far the worst run AD in the country, easily. embarrassing.

Yup, and it's also the most spineless.

maybe benson will finally figure it all out. i will say i have mixed feelings about bohn. he has done some great things for CU-- the move to the p10 is so great that it causes me to pause before calling for bohn's head.

but, in my perfect world, benson would bow to pressure (and financial commitments) from our handful of big money boosters. Mac would be installed as the AD. he'd bring in a great hc and great coordinators and we'd be off to the races again. i know it won't happen. so, instead, i am going to hope they have a plan. for the life of me, i can't figure out what it is at this point, however. i can't think of a single compelling reason to keep hawkins on the sidelines the rest of the year. the cody factor ain't it.

How much credit does Bohn get for the Pac12 move? It's not like he created their need for a championship game.

The season is toast, let the village idiot finish the season - save a few bucks instead of paying him for sitting on his worthless ass. If you really want to send the administration a message - don't attend any games. If there are 30,000 for the next 2 home games, Bohn will $h!t in his panties. If you really want to wake the
administration up - do it by $.

The season is toast, let the village idiot finish the season - save a few bucks instead of paying him for sitting on his worthless ass.

I don't think you save any money by keeping him around. Whether you ****can him or not, he gets paid the remainder of his contract.

Dang, I thought yesterday's debacle would push Bohn to fire immediately.

I guess the only way Paycheck Danny would have been gone yesterday would have been if Mark Mangino stormed the CU sideline and ate him.

Back