What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Bohn Gone (Official Thread on His Departure)

Facilities is what this has to be. It's all that's on the table right now. If indications were that the plan would stall with Bohn leading, he had to go.

Everyone's speculating it was driven by Solich. Remember, too, that there are a lot of people with money who are loyal to B-Mac. That group does not like Bohn (to put it mildly).

Barring a really ugly scandal, the timing of this would seem to point to performance -- i.e., specific milestones or achievement check-points. Those, as others have speculated, would most likely be fund-raising related.

It seems to me that the AD and his superiors have been together too long for this to be a personality conflict scenario.

This soap opera just keeps getting better with each episode.

Only thing I care is that the new AD gives Tad whatever he wants.

Holy ****. When we exchanged pleasantries this morning, he was walking toward Dal Ward. It must have just happened minutes prior...

Bohn Gone

Facilities is what this has to be. It's all that's on the table right now. If indications were that the plan would stall with Bohn leading, he had to go.

The voice of reason. You're correct. That has to be what this is. There's "somebody" out there who has stated that they are uncomfortable with trusting Mike Bohn to handle the facility expansion appropriately. I've seen this exact scenario play out before on a much smaller project.
If this means we will get the facilities done quickly, then I'm ok with the move. If its simply a petulant booster who got his/her feathers rubbed the wrong way because Bohn mispronounced their name at a function some time, then we are setting ourselves up for a world of hurt.

Much will depend on who the replacement is. I'm very apprehensive about the idea of Bruce and Phil choosing our next AD. I'm equally apprehensive about some nameless, faceless unknown booster making that decision.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Everyone's speculating it was driven by Solich. Remember, too, that there are a lot of people with money who are loyal to B-Mac. That group does not like Bohn (to put it mildly).

For a refresher Nik can you tell me why that crew doesn't like Bohn? Was it that ousting of Embree?

I was never on the fire Bohn bandwagon and am not at this point. Has done a lot to engage the fans and alumni more than I have been in the past. Got Bball out of the dirt. Got rolled with the 5th year of Talkins, got rolled into Embree. I have no idea as to the inner workings of the facilities thing but he would have to really be ****ing that up for me to want him fired.

My take is be was in over his head with the capital campaign...actually, the whole admin is, but he'll be the scapegoat.

I liked the job he did, save FB, but have a feeling that's turning around. Joined PAC12, BBall great, new indoor facility, CMO from NBA, aadded sports, academic performance increas etc.

I wish him well! Good luck Mike!!

Signed Duke, Kentucky and Indiana.

Seriously? Three programs? That's more the exception that proves the rule.

Remember during conference alignment when nobody wanted Kansas in their conference? If the Texas/OU thing had gone down with the Pac, Kansas would have been in the freakin' Mountain West.

Wow. CU is such the soap opera. Either MB decided he had enough success to act like he had an opinion other than BB and/or Dr. Phil; did something that got him axed (i.e. dismissal for cause or failed to meet a goal [funding]); or CU AD is now a hostage to a big money donor. If there is a way to pee in one own's mess kit, CU administration will find a way.

Lol at the posting of historical powerhouse bball programs. CU is a historical conference doormat in basketball

Back