What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Bohn has a favorite in mind and it´s current College HC

I see Shawn Watson and Dave Borberly are on Charlie Strong's current staff. We loved those guys when they were here, sarcasm. Other than that, Strong is well qualified.

I'm still having a hard time understanding why Strong would leave Louisville where he's already making 2.3 million/yr for CU where he maybe could make 2.5 to 3/yr? And add in headache of rebuilding a team that went 1-11? I just don't see it happening..

Reed Marks reporting that Anderson isn't interested in CU, and CU's #1 target is Charlie Strong.

Question is -- how interested is Charlie Strong in CU?

Argh.. This is what happens when you treat your football program like Israel treats the Gaza Strip. I'm starting to wish that Embree wasn't the only one we fired. They need to get the right guy, otherwise this could be a program that had a nice run for awhile, instead of a program that had a few down years.

Was supposed to be a mildly humorous comment given Mac's rants on the racism of CU for firing Embree, due to the fact that McCartney's Promise Keepers don't recognize mormonism. Sorry to go over your head on that.
Nobody goes over Ferris' head!

Was supposed to be a mildly humorous comment given Mac's rants on the racism of CU for firing Embree, due to the fact that McCartney's Promise Keepers don't recognize mormonism. Sorry to go over your head on that.

What does that mean, "don't recognize Mormonism"? If Mac walks down the street, and Mormon comes up to him, does he keep walking like, 'I don't know who you are', even if he does know who he is? Because, if you think about it, how would Mac know the guy was Mormon if he didn't know the guy? I mean, just because the guy is pasty white with a conservative haircut doesn't necessarily mean he's Mormon. He could just be from Iowa.

I will throw my hat in the ring for DeRuyter if he can bring schramm with him. Why in the heck would you want Gary Anderson? Are we CSU now? Way to shoot for the moon pals. Besides, he's like a Mormon, you thought Mac blew a gasket before, you just wait til that happens!

Don't think you'd get a complaint from Mac about that, it'd instead come from the left wing elitist crowd of Boulder. In fact, you'd probably see the same kind of uproar with Andersen that you used to see Mac deal with from the patchouli, pan flute crowd of Boulder.

"In a January 2009 interview with the Orlando Sentinel, Strong expressed his belief that race played a large part in the reason that he hadn't been offered a head coaching job at that point. Strong, whose wife is white, especially cited prospective employers' discomfort with his interracial relationship."*

*"Florida Coach Charlie Strong Believes that Race Affected Opportunities," Sports Illustrated (January 6, 2009).

Sweet

I remember pretty credible media reports around that time about him being blackballed at certain SEC institutions. There was a lot of "sure you can hire a black coach, that would be ok, but a black coach with a white wife - no ****ing way."

I think Charlie Strong would be great but I just don't see him going outside of the South/East footprint he's in now. I can't imagine he'd leave UL for CU. He seems like he's been good enough to get a solid SEC job. Andersen seems like he'd be good. Hopefully he's still on the table at this point. Andersen and Stitt seem great as a HC/OC combo but do they have any history? Can't imagine a HC and OC being picked by the AD (I thought Bohn said the HC will have choice of his staff). DeRuyter seems like he may be good too, although with less experience building a program from the depths we are at. I'd certainly take Malzahn too, he seems to have the chops on offense to compete in the Pac 12. Basically, any of these candidates will be an upgrade from a pure coaching and organization perspective.

For what it is worth Mike Bohn was on the phone the entire night at the CEC tonight. Texting back and forth and phone calls, I wasn't close enough to get a read on how they went but it looked to be negotiations of some type. Maybe the interviews went well. We will find out soon enough

I honestly think Gary Anderson is still in the running even though football scoop says otherwise. Bohn is going to be promising facilities guarantees in the contracts just like he did with basketball. The new coach will know that there will be a major investment early on in their tenure.

I honestly think Gary Anderson is still in the running even though football scoop says otherwise. Bohn is going to be promising facilities guarantees in the contracts just like he did with basketball. The new coach will know that there will be a major investment early on in their tenure.
The DP published an article today that agrees with you.

http://www.denverpost.com/cu/ci_22086993/utah-state-coach-list

It sounds like Andersen, DeRuyter and Doeren are the most likely candidates. Of course we won't know until the fat lady sings. Given the amount of misinformation out there (e.g. Mangino) it's possible Boyle has someone else in mind we don't know about.

Was it Sumlin's wife that hated Boulder? I was thinking it was Strong's for some reason. I really like Anderson but Strong would be fine with me. Sooner the better, somebody will sign them.

The DP published an article today that agrees with you.

http://www.denverpost.com/cu/ci_22086993/utah-state-coach-list

It sounds like Andersen, DeRuyter and Doeren are the most likely candidates. Of course we won't know until the fat lady sings. Given the amount of misinformation out there (e.g. Mangino) it's possible Boyle has someone else in mind we don't know about.

So Boyle is making the call on the new football coach? Can't say that is a bad thing, but I think the distraction was apparent on Tuesday night. Let's leave it to Bohn for now.

So Boyle is making the call on the new football coach? Can't say that is a bad thing, but I think the distraction was apparent on Tuesday night. Let's leave it to Bohn for now.

Funny I didn't even pick that up when I read it the first time. You are probably right that Boyle could do a good job with it. Actually would be cool to have Bohn introduce his top candidate to Boyle and get his opinion afterwards. We don't need to introduce anymore steps in the process but I could see it to be valuable input for Bohn and Boyle could actually also help convince him its possible at CU.

Latest Tweet from Reed Marks
Yet unconfirmed, one source told me #CU has "discussed numbers" w/ their top choice. Who is a BCS level HC.

Not sure I know who we have on our radar that fits that?

Back