What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Bohn has a favorite in mind and it´s current College HC

Vic Lombardi ‏@VicLombardi

SOURCE tells me: CU has already made contact with a current head coach. Seeking permission to interview. Process underway.

Doesn't sound like any kind of done deal to me at this point....

Reed

The CU ADept has made contact with at least two different current D1 coaches, or their agents. Expect a list of true potentials to form fast

2.5m makes you the fourth highest paid coach in the P12 after Kiffin, Kelly and Mora.

Wow. Right behind the two LA schools and the University of Nike. That's taking your football seriously. Good job, CU. :thumbsup:

A: I-5, I-10, I-20, I-35, I-80
Q: what interstates are better than I-25 for finding coaches.

Which of the so-called "I-25 hires" were bad ones?

That's the route that was chosen for the basketball programs and the soccer team. Seems to be a decent model to poach a successful local coach when one is available.

Why all the criticism?

That's the route that was chosen for the basketball programs and the soccer team. Seems to be a decent model to poach a successful local coach when one is available.

Why all the criticism?

thanks nik

Why all the criticism?

I-25 is too provential. CU is a national brand that deserves a national search.

Why all the criticism?
I just don't think a coach from a military, mid-tier MWC school makes sense for CU. Since Bohn seems to want a current HC, Calhoun doesn't meet the criteria for either being a big name to help with recruiting or a current HC who quickly turned around a floundering program. But if we want to spend less than the ~$2.5M I'm hearing, Calhoun would be a good $1.75M choice.

I just don't think a coach from a military, mid-tier MWC school makes sense for CU. Since Bohn seems to want a current HC, Calhoun doesn't meet the criteria for either being a big name to help with recruiting or a current HC who quickly turned around a floundering program. But if we want to spend less than the ~$2.5M I'm hearing, Calhoun would be a good $1.75M choice.

Buzz was a pretty good hire and did get the ball rolling for Tadd

Why all the criticism?

By no means am I suggesting Calhoun would necessarily be a "bad" hire. However, with this being the most important hire in the history of CU athletics, I'd prefer to at least start with broader horizons than a quick convenient "grab" down I-25.

I-25 is too provential. CU is a national brand that deserves a national search.

You mean like the one that produced Dan HaLkins?

The idea that Bohn doesn't look beyond I-25 for coaching hires is a silly meme that stopped being funny a few years ago.

Also, the word is "provincial". :smile2:

It's just something that has annoyed me for a while. Are Texas A&M fans pissed that their AD looked down the road from College Station to Houston for the Sumlin hire? It's a silly criticism.

I-10 FTW! That stretch of road has some talent.

I don't get the hate for Calhoun. The guy was a NFL OC, and is currently a head coach at a rigorous academic D1 school. You know this about him:

1) His players will continue to get it done in the classroom
2) He'll run a tight ship, and organized practices
3) The team will be disciplined and focused
4) He has enough contacts in the coaching world to bring in good assistants and recruiters.

My question is why would Calhoun want CU? The guy probably has a lifetime contract at his alma mater, and their fans don't expect 10 win seasons every year. I think that would be a tough situation to walk away from.

Listening to Bohn on 104.3 (on internet) "Significant process on institutional side" "but that can't carry this by itself." Accepting more responsibility to past failings. He generally gets grilled I am cool with his handling of all this.

"Gotta fix our national brand."

Does he have a shortlist? "Yes. It is a national search. Trying to attract candidates capable of getting all constituents rallied. Someone that can lead us to the Rose Bowl!!!!" Like that one. Bohn just got grilled by Alfred-too much so in my opinion.

It has been scooped that we are not looking at Calhoun, but I think we'd have to have him in the conversation. I also don't get the hate for Calhoun. Only negative I can see is that people think he isn't charismatic enough to be a good recruiter and I think that is addressable with the right staff. Better question is whether Air Force is perfoming at a high enough level right now.

You mean like the one that produced Dan HaLkins?

The idea that Bohn doesn't look beyond I-25 for coaching hires is a silly meme that stopped being funny a few years ago.

Also, the word is "provincial". :smile2:

I-84 was kept off my list for a reason, dootchbag.:D

Nick Saban. He wants a new challenge and has ties to CU because he beat us in the 2007 Independence Bowl.

So this just means Dave Logan is already secretly the head coach.

Chris20Benoit_display_image.jpg

Reed says it could go to 2.3 whereas Goodman confirms the 2.5 according to a text from a school official.

I don't get the hate for Calhoun. The guy was a NFL OC, and is currently a head coach at a rigorous academic D1 school. You know this about him:

1) His players will continue to get it done in the classroom
2) He'll run a tight ship, and organized practices
3) The team will be disciplined and focused
4) He has enough contacts in the coaching world to bring in good assistants and recruiters.

My question is why would Calhoun want CU? The guy probably has a lifetime contract at his alma mater, and their fans don't expect 10 win seasons every year. I think that would be a tough situation to walk away from.

I agree with those reasons, but his record has sucked the last couple of years.

For a reason to come here - he would make a lot more money.

It has been scooped that we are not looking at Calhoun, but I think we'd have to have him in the conversation. I also don't get the hate for Calhoun. Only negative I can see is that people think he isn't charismatic enough to be a good recruiter and I think that is addressable with the right staff. Better question is whether Air Force is perfoming at a high enough level right now.

Scooped by whom/where?

Of the possibility, I think that Tim DeRuyter and David Doeren are currently the best candidates followed by Gary Anderson, Darrell Hazell and Goerge MacIntyre. Also heard that Calhoun is not in the mix. We'll see.

Back