What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Bohn has a favorite in mind and it´s current College HC

Looking at all the up and coming coaches and one thing jumps out - none are proven BCS coaches. How do we know how they can recruit top talent? Rivals rankings over the last couple years indicate they don't recruit top talent. So what do we have to hang our hat on? Trust that the CU brass knows what a real Championship HC looks like before they've proven it? Ha - the joke's on anyone who believes this. Good luck to them on hiring a new HC - because for them it's a necessity to be lucky than good.

I think it's Les also. I suspect he is sick of the grumbling from the LSU fan base and would rather go somewhere he is appreciated.

Looking at all the up and coming coaches and one thing jumps out - none are proven BCS coaches. How do we know how they can recruit top talent? Rivals rankings over the last couple years indicate they don't recruit top talent. So what do we have to hang our hat on? Trust that the CU brass knows what a real Championship HC looks like before they've proven it? Ha - the joke's on anyone who believes this. Good luck to them on hiring a new HC - because for them it's a necessity to be lucky than good.

what the **** detective sandy vagina... you dont like the list... you suggest some names

My vote is for Tressel, but Bohn has already nixed that idea. My point is: I have little confidence CU knows what to look for in hiring a HC. If the HC turns out to be a winner, it will only be from the HC's skill rather than Bohn knowing who to hire. I wish this wasn't true as I want my Saturday's watching football to be happy again....

My vote is for Tressel, but Bohn has already nixed that idea. My point is: I have little confidence CU knows what to look for in hiring a HC. If the HC turns out to be a winner, it will only be from the HC's skill rather than Bohn knowing who to hire. I wish this wasn't true as I want my Saturday's watching football to be happy again....
throw some candidates out there that would be acceptable beyond tressel

It's Bohn's job to determine who would be acceptable - and that doesn't provide me a lot of confidence. My list is Tressel. Proven winner. Proven BCS material. He has something to prove. Why shouldn't we take a chance on him? Do we really think Alabama is clean? We'd hire Nick Saban in a heartbeat if he'd come so why not Tressel.

It's Bohn's job to determine who would be acceptable - and that doesn't provide me a lot of confidence. My list is Tressel. Proven winner. Proven BCS material. He has something to prove. Why shouldn't we take a chance on him? Do we really think Alabama is clean? We'd hire Nick Saban in a heartbeat if he'd come so why not Tressel.

ARe you kidding me? With the media **** show that transpired here today you think bringing a guy like tressel would be a good idea? Bohn cannot do that even if he wanted to.

I'm not a fan of moving people, but if CU can't do EXACTLY what it wants to do, then things need to change so all the doors we want opened are open. CU is a hot chick who's lost her confidence. Put on the hot dress and the hooker boots and let's get back to prominence.

I'm not a fan of moving people, but if CU can't do EXACTLY what it wants to do, then things need to change so all the doors we want opened are open. CU is a hot chick who's lost her confidence. Put on the hot dress and the hooker boots and let's get back to prominence.

Pics or GTFO!

How does a search committee work anyway? Is there a special place that coaches throw their hats into the ring? or do search committee's just start cold calling coaches they desire? Seems to me there would be contract verbage that doesn't allow current coaches to talk? I know one of you AllBuffs know how it works, clue the rest of us in please...

Generally speaking there is a 3rd party, who is independent of both the school and the coach, who serves as the go-between for the initial lines of communication. This is someone like Chuck Neinas. Chuck is very well connected in the college coaching world. Coaches speak to him about jobs they are interested in. Athletic directors speak to him about coaches they are interested in. Chuck works to put the pieces together.

In this way, the school doesn't have to say "We interviewed x, y, z candidates" and the coach can be honest when he says "I have not talked to x, y, z school."

If there is mutual interest - the parties get together and discuss the position.

Bull****. CU is that star jock in high school that is now obese, unemployed, and wearing a "no fat chicks" t-shirt.

I have a favorite in mind, too. I suspect my favorite and Bohn's favorite are not the same person.

Just like in any other walk of life, you look at their body of work.

You can prove you are a great recruiter at ANY level. The San Jose State guy is beating out his peer group. The Utah State guy is beating out his peer group. I frankly think it's irrelevant to some extent what their peer group is. You got good guys recruiting at all levels. It is at least as difficult to get a kid to come to Logan, UT over the Univ of Utah, or over SDSU or CSU. The battle is pretty similar as Auburn vs. Alabama. The budget is just smaller.

I know all these names appear in this thread and others but to summarize this DP article on Bohn's favourites and who he is not looking at:
http://www.denverpost.com/cu/ci_22070004/embree-firing-colorado-mike-bohn-football

-Wants to talk with Tedford
-Has to be a current or recent HC and some on his short list are HCs in the power conferences now
-Has ruled out Tressel and Calhoun

DeRuyter and Stitt showing interest in the position

No way Stitt gets the HC job but others have said, could certainly be a good candidate for OC.

And the NCAA is just waiting for the chance to make whoever hires him (unless it's one of their favorites) an example.
Do you seriously think we'll be within a 9-iron of respectability within 3 years? It's "show-cause."

I think in general, Tressel is a decent man. I think that not only could Bohn and Tressel make a case, but I have a hunch that Larry Scott had a hand in this firing. You can't have 1/12 of your shiny new conference being an eye-sore. While I have no idea how that all works, I think he may have some sway.

That being said...I don't think it will happen.

I just hope it's not Calhoun or Tedford. These hires would be such a disappointment, but I'm expecting to be let down because Bohn is still in charge.

Back