What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Bohn officially confirms the facilities announcement is coming in September

What I hope didn't happen is that he started feeling pressure from a bunch of goofs like us and jumped the gun on the pre-announcement. I'm probably being overly paranoid lately.

What I hope didn't happen is that he started feeling pressure from a bunch of goofs like us and jumped the gun on the pre-announcement. I'm probably being overly paranoid lately.
He alluded to it on Saturday so doubtful.

This actually plays to Bohn's advantage. Let people bitch and whine ineffectually about a nebulous project coming in 5 months for a few days. Then they will be back to the important things: their $10 mocha lattes and Range Rovers. By the time the actual announcements are made in September, it will already be in place and they won't be able to do anything.

You're right - he trolls the crap out of the Denver Post comment sections

The boo-birds are few and far between, from what I can see. Maybe one out of every six or seven comments.

He wants EVERYTHING to be ready to go, no question marks left, so to minimize the backlash from the academics who hate football.

I love these kinds of remarks directed at "academics", as if "they" are some sort of fringe element. You realize academic activity is the actual purpose of a university, right?

I love these kinds of remarks directed at "academics", as if "they" are some sort of fringe element. You realize academic activity is the actual purpose of a university, right?

You need to read some of the DC articles on football. They were freaking out because of the renaming of 36. Some of the people of Boulder blow it waaaay out of proportion and think sports are the super devil....if they were religious.

You need to read some of the DC articles on football. They were freaking out because of the renaming of 36. Some of the people of Boulder blow it waaaay out of proportion and think sports are the super devil....if they were religious.

The regular devil has to be super pissed that sports bypassed him and went straight up the ladder.

Some good ones

The CU athletic spent millions of dollars putting in sky-boxes because they thought they would bring in tons of money and bring in nationally rated players. Along with some ill advised coaching contracts, the school wound up having to bail out the athletic department to the tune of eight million dollars, money that came out of academics. This pie-in-the-sky project just seems like sky-boxes on steroids!

will be paid off soon

Just had a massive expansion and renovation a few years ago. Guess that wasn't enough.

Uhm to the stadium, not to actual training facilities

I smell a tuition increase!

obviously unaware that the AD is self funding

While I realize sports money and academic money come out of different pots, this is pretty infuriating when teaching funds are being cut.

If the faculty wasn't so hostile towards athletics, maybe some of the AD revenue would go back to the teachers...

They can start by serving up icey cold beers again

I like this guy

Whats the hold up?

Announce it now to help the coaches in recruiting. Help in raising money, give the fan base a boost. Obviously it is in the final stages, for them to say we should expect an announcement, and they have being telling recruits on visits.

Last edited:
Its ridiculous to me how many of the people claiming to be worried about academia and how sports are overshadowing the purpose of the university, really have no clue how the CU system works with our self funding AD. W/e they will bitch and moan until a couple months after it was built and then they will all go away. Besides they are all wasting their breath. University gives 0 ****s about the public opinion of the use of the land on campus.

I think this sums up Boulder best. Why does the anti athletic crowd feel they know best how to spend other people's donations?

• $250M is being donated to Mike Bohn's plan to look good at CU, so he can get a big job elsewhere, like in Florida or Pennsylvania. Maybe Gordon Gee could hire him at Ohio State after their next scandal..

That quarter billion dollars will be used to lower the taxable income of those 1%ers. That is money that will not go towards state revenues. Those revenues could, at least, lower the increase of tuition. Your cigarette tax analogy is bunk.

I think this sums up Boulder best. Why does the anti athletic crowd feel they know best how to spend other people's donations?

• $250M is being donated to Mike Bohn's plan to look good at CU, so he can get a big job elsewhere, like in Florida or Pennsylvania. Maybe Gordon Gee could hire him at Ohio State after their next scandal..

That quarter billion dollars will be used to lower the taxable income of those 1%ers. That is money that will not go towards state revenues. Those revenues could, at least, lower the increase of tuition. Your cigarette tax analogy is bunk.

Would a better analogy be that the person donated to a homeless shelter but you don't think that is a worthy charity and the state would be better off it it had collected 5% of the money in taxes?

I'd post that, but I've tried twice at the DP and what I wrote didn't show up.

Would a better analogy be that the person donated to a homeless shelter but you don't think that is a worthy charity and the state would be better off it it had collected 5% of the money in taxes?

I'd post that, but I've tried twice at the DP and what I wrote didn't show up.

They must have banned you.

Whats the hold up?

Announce it now to help the coaches in recruiting. Help in raising money, give the fan base a boost. Obviously it is in the final stages, for them to say we should expect an announcement, and they have being telling recruits on visits.

can we banish him to hoboken nj

scaled.php

Last edited:
Take your time Mike just dont **** this up.

This X 1,000,000. This is definitely a measure twice cut once deal. I like that Bohn is willing to take short-term **** in order to ensure that the long-term strategy is tight. That's good leadership.

This X 1,000,000. This is definitely a measure twice cut once deal. I like that Bohn is willing to take short-term **** in order to ensure that the long-term strategy is tight. That's good leadership.

Plus i am hearing whispers that he has been working on this project for a loooooonnnnng time. His words in his announcement were carefully chosen as well. This upgrade is something that they are planning will raise the bar in our conference for quite some time. Obviously Oregon will always be able to be a step ahead with their apparently unlimited revenue stream. But I believe that when Bohn says "Transformational Project" he meant it. This project could be a lot bigger and a lot better than any of us expect. Also he seems to think he has at least one 8figure donor. That has never happened in the history of CU athletics. Ever.

Back