What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Bohn To Be On 1510 AM This Afternoon On Klatt's Show

http://www.timescall.com/sports-college/sportscollege-story.asp?ID=19061

But I guess Scotty doesn't really know anything. He's not around the program or anything.... :lol:

Now, can we knock off bashing kids just because they didn't fall on their swords to provide cover for Hawk???
I was thinking about this on the way in today. It's kind of ironic how it was AOK to throw Marcus Houston under the bus but DS is way off limits. And, really, I was out of line to disparge him last night. But I was thinking, "What's the difference between MH and DS?" It is because we loved, or liked GB but we hate DH. Kind of ironic, isn't it?

I've been thinking about this and, I think it would be appropriate for me to share this with you guys. I was contacted by someone close to the team. This person did tell me that parents and players do look at these sites. The person thanked me for sticking up for them and told me that the kids do like Hawkins and support him. This person also told me that they do believe the team is really close and that there are several guys that will be available next year that are very impressive.

I just don't want you guys to think I'm just some sort of blind crack pot. I was very touched that this person would take the time to thank me and feel a certain amount of responsibility toward him/her.

That is all I'm going to say because I promised to, pretty much, keep my mouth shut.

I've been thinking about this and, I think it would be appropriate for me to share this with you guys. I was contacted by someone close to the team. This person did tell me that parents and players do look at these sites. The person thanked me for sticking up for them and told me that the kids do like Hawkins and support him. This person also told me that they do believe the team is really close and that there are several guys that will be available next year that are very impressive.

I just don't want you guys to think I'm just some sort of blind crack pot. I was very touched that this person would take the time to thank me and feel a certain amount of responsibility toward him/her.

That is all I'm going to say because I promised to, pretty much, keep my mouth shut.

Well, it true, then I do hope the Buffs can win out and we will see about the kids redshirting. If they make a difference next year. Still need see about retaining coaches issue-- not all should stay.

Holy ****!!! I just re-read that and realised that the reason you stick up for Hawk is that HAWK is the one that contacted you!!!! Did he read you some letter 'confirming' (use finger quotes here) what he was telling you??:smile2:

Last edited:
Well, it true, then I do hope the Buffs can win out and we will see about the kids redshirting. If they make a difference next year. Still need see about retaining coaches issue-- not all should stay.

Holy ****!!! I just re-read that and realised that the reason you stick up for Hawk is that HAWK is the one that contacted you!!!! Did he read you some letter 'confirming' (use finger quotes here) what he was telling you??:smile2:
:lol: Yeah, I'm sure he frequents Allbuffs. If so, maybe thats his problem.

DBT - then why are those kids redshirting? This team obviously needs help, and it was a bad coaching decision to lose an entire season and ruin an entire recruiting class to RS a few kids.

Plus, I think this staff has shown that especially onthe offensive side of the ball it just doensn't know how to use or develop talent. Thats where I am at. The guy has hired ****ty AC's, and fails to consistently motivate the team. It's obvious man. Does'nt matter how much some of the team loves him if he can't get W's

DBT - then why are those kids redshirting? This team obviously needs help, and it was a bad coaching decision to lose an entire season and ruin an entire recruiting class to RS a few kids.

Plus, I think this staff has shown that especially onthe offensive side of the ball it just doensn't know how to use or develop talent. Thats where I am at. The guy has hired ****ty AC's, and fails to consistently motivate the team. It's obvious man. Does'nt matter how much some of the team loves him if he can't get W's

The continual offensive problems are the biggest mystery of the Hawkins era, IMO. It seems like this team has been averaging 200 yards of offense a game for about 4 years now. We have recruited some awesome offensive linemen and some decent QB's, to go along with some pretty talented RB's and decent WR's - and yet the offense does NOTHING. For years!

The continual offensive problems are the biggest mystery of the Hawkins era, IMO. It seems like this team has been averaging 200 yards of offense a game for about 4 years now. We have recruited some awesome offensive linemen and some decent QB's, to go along with some pretty talented RB's and decent WR's - and yet the offense does NOTHING. For years!
I heard someone on the radio discussing the Oline. I don't know if this is exactly true or not, but he said we have one guy who had, like, 15 snaps last year and two that had never played a down going into the season. That doesn't sound right, but suffice it to say that we are really inexperienced at Oline. I think that has a lot to do with it.

Joe Harrington was well liked by his players too. :rolleyes:

There are 10,000 coaches out there who could recruit good kids, run a clean program, be active in the community, have a good team GPA, be "well-liked" by his players............and still lose on Saturdays.

That's not what Hawk is paid 900K for.....

There are 10,000 coaches out there who could recruit good kids, run a clean program, be active in the community, have a good team GPA, be "well-liked" by his players............and still lose on Saturdays.

:yeahthat:

I don't go to the games to watch them play hard and try their best. I go to watch them win. Period. I don't want to hear about graduation rates, community involvement, delivering presents to kids in the hospital, accountability groups, and all the rest of that crap if it means we're 2-10.
All that other stuff is meaningless. If I want to see a group of kids try hard and give their best, I'll go to a high school game. There are expectations here that go beyond citizenship.

I heard someone on the radio discussing the Oline. I don't know if this is exactly true or not, but he said we have one guy who had, like, 15 snaps last year and two that had never played a down going into the season. That doesn't sound right, but suffice it to say that we are really inexperienced at Oline. I think that has a lot to do with it.

We are certainly young on the oline, but I don't see much progression as they gain experience.

Holy God in Heaven, are we hearing the "O-Line is young" excuse again?!?!

I was thinking about this on the way in today. It's kind of ironic how it was AOK to throw Marcus Houston under the bus but DS is way off limits. And, really, I was out of line to disparge him last night. But I was thinking, "What's the difference between MH and DS?" It is because we loved, or liked GB but we hate DH. Kind of ironic, isn't it?

Or maybe it's because MH threw CU under the bus on his way out the door, while DS has done nothing of the kind. Or that MH transferred to a rival school, while DS is going to the Pac-10. Or that MH requested all kinds of special treatment from the NCAA while Scott, so far, has asked for nothing.

But make it all about all of us assholes hating DH..... :rolleyes:

Nobody here is putting down the parents. And for the most part nobody is putting down the players. In fact most people here think that the players are there to produce a far better team than we've seen. It's a big part of the frustration with the coach.

Don't think that you are some lone bastion of support for everybody connected to the program, or that the rest of us are here to attack everybody and everything. I'm glad they like Hawkins. I'm glad they're optimistic. But we've been hearing how close they are for a long time now. Is it possible that maybe they've been close for this long because this coaching staff has taken them as far as it is capable of going?

This team is really close to what? I've watched every game and they are closer to going 2-10 than they are going 6-6 at this point. Other than the WYO and KU game we have not been close in a game all year. I don't blame any of the players for how the season has played out, but I will continue to blame the coaches for the personnel decisions and the joke that this season has become.

We are ranked like 113 in the nation in total offense, 90-somthing in total defense, and our special teams are an absolute joke.

If there are guys on the team now, that are going to be available to help next year, why are they not getting playing time now? So next year we can have the same discussion about being young, and not having any game experience at key positions.

For every kid you say is 100% behing Juicebox, someone on this board can tell you about another player that thinks Juicebox has lost the this team.

Everyone here understands your man crush on Dan Hawkins, but give us all a break.

Holy God in Heaven, are we hearing the "O-Line is young" excuse again?!?!
Now see here! I was responding to why our running game sucks and I think it sucks because our OLine sucks. What am I supposed to say? It could be because they are inexperienced and it could be because they have a new OLine coach. Don't get mad at poor old DBT. I'm not trying to make excuses. Just trying to figure out why our running game isn't so good. :smile2:

:yeahthat:

I don't go to the games to watch them play hard and try their best. I go to watch them win. Period. I don't want to hear about graduation rates, community involvement, delivering presents to kids in the hospital, accountability groups, and all the rest of that crap if it means we're 2-10.
All that other stuff is meaningless. If I want to see a group of kids try hard and give their best, I'll go to a high school game. There are expectations here that go beyond citizenship.
I honestly totally agree with both of you. Just because the kids like Hawkins doesn't mean much, really. Also, we have heard many folks close to the program in the past say that we "are really close." They need to prove it on the field. I'm sure they know that.

Everyone here understands your man crush on Dan Hawkins, but give us all a break.
Dude. I have no love for DH. How many times do I have to explain that. Don't confuse my support of the program and hope that this gets turned around, either under Hawkins, or someone else, as a "man crush on Dan Hawkins." As I keep saying, I am pretty sure he will be hear next year. If that is the case, I just don't see the benefit in continually ripping him. Doing so is "cutting off your nose to spite your face" in my simple mind. I do not like the direction Hawkins has us going. I do not like his disdain for the fans or the media. If Mike Bohn makes a change, like I keep saying, I am fine with that. I won't shed a tear for DH if that happens. Did I make myself clear this time!!!! :huh:

So, let me summerize. I am pulling for Hawkins to succeed, because that would be the best thing for the program. I care about the program, not Dan Hawkins. If he succeeds, somehow, that would be best but if he can't succeed and has to be replaced, for the betterment of the team, that would be second best and I would fully support that alternative.

Last edited:
Dude. I have no love for DH. How many times do I have to explain that. Don't confuse my support of the program and hope that this gets turned around, either under Hawkins, or someone else, as a "man crush on Dan Hawkins." As I keep saying, I am pretty sure he will be hear next year. If that is the case, I just don't see the benefit in continually ripping him. Doing so is "cutting off your nose to spite your face" in my simple mind. I do not like the direction Hawkins has us going. I do not like his disdain for the fans or the media. If Mike Bohn makes a change, like I keep saying, I am fine with that. I won't shed a tear for DH if that happens. Did I make myself clear this time!!!! :huh:

So, let me summerize. I am pulling for Hawkins to succeed, because that would be the best thing for the program. I care about the program, not Dan Hawkins. If he succeeds, somehow, that would be best but if he can't succeed and has to be replaced, for the betterment of the team, that would be second best and I would fully support that alternative.

Supporting the program comes in many ways. Blindly following a coach and saying that he does not deserve criticism when the results have been crappy as they have under Hawk is not supporting the program. Demanding results and having expectations is not cutting off your nose to spite your face. Holding someone accountable for the product on the field is supporting the program. He holds the keys to the financial well being of the entire athletic department. Wake up. He is running it into the ground. I, and many others are supporting the program by demanding results or a change. Period. You go on supporting the program you way, I will do it another.

AND STAY OFF MY LAWN :smile2:

Here's the thing, DBT. I can understand your point. You think it's pointless to complain about Hawkins as long as he is here. That it just brings down the program. But you also think he's likely to stay for another year. Then what do you think people who don't see positive things happening should do? Just not talk about the program for a year? Lie and pretend they see things they don't?

It's not realistic. If the program is in a bad place and bad things are happening, the solution isn't for the fans to look the other way and pretend things are fine. Maybe the answer is for the fans to let the administration know that their expectations are higher. Silence can easily be confused with acceptance. And accepting the status quo could put this program in a position it would never recover from.

Here's the thing, DBT. I can understand your point. You think it's pointless to complain about Hawkins as long as he is here. That it just brings down the program. But you also think he's likely to stay for another year. Then what do you think people who don't see positive things happening should do? Just not talk about the program for a year? Lie and pretend they see things they don't?

It's not realistic. If the program is in a bad place and bad things are happening, the solution isn't for the fans to look the other way and pretend things are fine. Maybe the answer is for the fans to let the administration know that their expectations are higher. Silence can easily be confused with acceptance. And accepting the status quo could put this program in a position it would never recover from.
Dude. I think the AD has gotten the message. You guys are driving in a nail with a sledge hammer. Just let the AD do his job. If you do not like how things are going, call him, write him, or e:mail him. But sharing our dirty laundry in public for all to see is stupid, I think.

Dude. I think the AD has gotten the message. You guys are driving in a nail with a sledge hammer. Just let the AD do his job. If you do not like how things are going, call him, write him, or e:mail him. But sharing our dirty laundry in public for all to see is stupid, I think.

So we just stop talking about CU football??

Not gonna happen.

No way we win out. What gives anyone any confidence that this team is close. We have to win four games in a row with two of them on the road.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't believe that during the past four years we have ever won four games in a row.

I think we show the public our dirty laundry every Saturday. It's not like the country doesnt know something is wrong Boulder, they do.

The reason we keep ripping him and making noise, is because it is the only way we can let Bohn know that what is going on is unacceptable and needs to change. I personally believe unless he wins out, he will not be back and that will be in no small part because we made ourselves loud and clear. So in reality we are doing everything we can to help this program succeed.

Last edited:
The reason we keep ripping him and making noise, is because it is the only way we can let Bohn know that what is going on is unacceptable and needs to change. I personally believe unless he wins out, he will not be back and that will be in no small part because we made ourselves loud and clear. So in reality we are doing everything we can to help this program succeed.
Yep. I'm sure Mike checks out all the message boards, :lol:

Yep. I'm sure Mike checks out all the message boards, :lol:

If you think what is being said here is limited to this message board and not also shared with Bohn, you really are getting senile.:smile2:

I'm still not sure what you're saying here, DBT.

I understand the part about not liking the negative stuff out there, dirty laundry, hurting the program, etc. I might not agree, but I get what you're saying.

But I don't understand what you think we should do. Do you want us to sit around and come up with positive thoughts all the time?? Post polls about "when is it going to pop this week" or "which of our QBs will win the Heisman first"? Or do you just want the negative talk to stop? Because, as you may have noticed, there isn't much but negative when you look at this team on the field these days. It would get really damn quiet around here if we did that. Hell, we could probably shutter the place up and not reopen until the spring game if that's the way it had to work.

Just not sure what it is you're really saying the fans should be doing.:huh:

I'm still not sure what you're saying here, DBT.

I understand the part about not liking the negative stuff out there, dirty laundry, hurting the program, etc. I might not agree, but I get what you're saying.

But I don't understand what you think we should do. Do you want us to sit around and come up with positive thoughts all the time?? Post polls about "when is it going to pop this week" or "which of our QBs will win the Heisman first"? Or do you just want the negative talk to stop? Because, as you may have noticed, there isn't much but negative when you look at this team on the field these days. It would get really damn quiet around here if we did that. Hell, we could probably shutter the place up and not reopen until the spring game if that's the way it had to work.

Just not sure what it is you're really saying the fans should be doing.:huh:
Hell, Junc, I don't know! :lol: Maybe some balance would be nice. But I know it is difficult to talk about anything positive right now. :huh:

Back