What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Bohn was overruled last year

GoldenBuff

Club Member
Club Member
Or at least this article seems to paint that picture. Interesting stuff...

Many Colorado football fans have spent the past year frustrated and wondering why school officials decided to give Dan Hawkins a fifth season on the sidelines in Boulder. The school finally fired Hawkins on Tuesday but appeared oh-so close to doing so late last November before an 11th-hour change of heart.

Fans were never quite sure who made that decision and might never be completely satisfied with anyone's version of events, but Chancellor Phil DiStefano seemed to indicate he played a significant role when he was asked Tuesday whether he regretted not making a move a year earlier.

"I believe in second chances and wanted to give coach Hawkins a second chance to see with a more experienced team what he could do," DiStefano said.

"I was, to be honest, optimistic that he could turn things around this year. Obviously it didn't happen. So we need to move on. But the decision we made last year, it's always easier to look at today and say, 'We should have made a different decision.' But going into the season, I think there was quite a bit of optimism that coach Hawkins could turn this around. Unfortunately he just wasn't able to do that."

http://www.buffzone.com/football/ci_16570002

But going into the season, I think there was quite a bit of optimism that coach Hawkins could turn this around. Unfortunately he just wasn't able to do that.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that most of you (me included) will have the most trouble with this line. Either he and hawk were the only ones that believed this or he outright made it up.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that most of you (me included) will have the most trouble with this line. Either he and hawk were the only ones that believed this or he outright made it up.

I don't think so. I saw quite a few people on this message board predicting 8 or 9 wins for this season. Nobody picked the Buffs to win the BCS title, but there were plenty who thought a bowl game was likely.

I don't think so. I saw quite a few people on this message board predicting 8 or 9 wins for this season. Nobody picked the Buffs to win the BCS title, but there were plenty who thought a bowl game was likely.

Yeah, you're right there. I was speaking more toward the attitude of everyone around Thanksgiving time last year though. I might be wrong but I don't remember much optimism around here at that time.

I for one was drinking the Kool-Aid by the gallon. Shame on me.

Back