What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Boise St to MWC

So, we're looking at the MWC looking something like:

BYU
Utah (maybe, if they don't leave)
CSU
Air Force
Wyoming
New Mexico
San Jose St
UNLV
TCU

and adding:
Boise State
Kansas
Kansas St
Baylor
Iowa State or Mizzou

Does that really look like a BCS AQ conference to you? It doesn't to me if we're looking ahead to the potential super conferences.

As of now I'd say no, but there's still alot of moving targets out there. Will there be an automatic BCS bids added? What about the Big East, will it dissolve (at least in football) and therefore that auto bid is now gone?

I don't think they would get snubbed with all those teams. Any team coming out of that pile would be competitive in a BCS game.

Even if the Big 12 does not dissolve/disband, I do not think Boise State is likely to receive a conference invite.

If the conference should continue to exist, and certainly if it should continue to exist with Texas / OU / A&M / Tech / etc. staying IN the league -- I think the most likely teams for expansion are within the state of Texas. (TCU, Houston, Rice, SMU)

I don't think they would get snubbed with all those teams. Any team coming out of that pile would be competitive in a BCS game.

Since 2000 a conference like the one outlined above would have had a Top 10 BCS finisher in every year but 2001. I think there is a strong case for an auto bid for a conference like that.

PS - San Diego State is in the MWC. Not San Jose State (WAC).

The BIG12 will continue under any of the scenarios as long as they hold 4 members.

They will have the exit fees to (partially) offer to fill up the other 8 or more spots, plus a BCS bid.

So now the question will become: Will CSU move up to the B12 or be left behind in a devastated MWC.

The BIG12 will continue under any of the scenarios as long as they hold 4 members.

They will have the exit fees to (partially) offer to fill up the other 8 or more spots, plus a BCS bid.

So now the question will become: Will CSU move up to the B12 or be left behind in a devastated MWC.

I have not seen or read any scenerio in which CSU has been left behind in a Big12 the expansion discussion such as this. Although it is clear that many on this board are cheering for such a conclusion and I have no idea why.

People in Colorado should be hoping that both CSU and Air Force remain in a competetive football conference because it is good for the state as well as CU especially given the lack of natural regional rivalries that exist in the PAC-10 for the Buffs. An RMS that contains two BCS programs is good for football in the state of Colorado and is good for CU.

I have not seen or read any scenerio in which CSU has been left behind in a Big12 the expansion discussion such as this. Although it is clear that many on this board are cheering for such a conclusion and I have no idea why.

People in Colorado should be hoping that both CSU and Air Force remain in a competetive football conference because it is good for the state as well as CU especially given the lack of natural regional rivalries that exist in the PAC-10 for the Buffs. An RMS that contains two BCS programs is good for football in the state of Colorado and is good for CU.

I agree. I want CSU to be a BCS team. I try to root for them. I used to love the rams but this fake rivalry has turned weird in my mind.

Logically, I want the Rams to be in competitive leagues.

Emotionally, I hope they get left behind :lol:

I think the MWC needed to invite Boise State to protect their chances at a BCS auto-bid. With Boise they have a pretty damn good chance at an AQ spot. This would help them attract any Big 12 leftovers such as Kansas State or Iowa State or Baylor, as opposed to those schools trying to patch something together with Conference USA or Big East leftovers to compete for their chances at a BCS AQ bid.

Where did everyone see this thing about Big 12 penalties being paid out over 8 years? The "penalty" is supposed to be a reduction in the annual payout not something we write them a check for.

Wasn't CU still drawing more fans during the last five years than if CSU actually sold out that dump in Ft. Collins?

I think the MWC needed to invite Boise State to protect their chances at a BCS auto-bid. With Boise they have a pretty damn good chance at an AQ spot. This would help them attract any Big 12 leftovers such as Kansas State or Iowa State or Baylor, as opposed to those schools trying to patch something together with Conference USA or Big East leftovers to compete for their chances at a BCS AQ bid.

Where did everyone see this thing about Big 12 penalties being paid out over 8 years? The "penalty" is supposed to be a reduction in the annual payout not something we write them a check for.

Klatt and Kreckman on the radio were saying it... at least that i where i heard it

Back