What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Boise state

Georgia is overrated. You can't argue that a Boise St team that plays to tough games deserves to be in the title game over say a 1 loss LSU. The difference is huge in those schedules. If Boise want to have a legitimate shot at a title game have them join a big conference and go undefeated. They play that crap conference schedule and then try to slip in the backdoor at the end of the season. I say no, they don't deserve to be in there.

Last edited:
I wanted UGA to win so these types of threads would not appear. They beat an average SEC team and now we have to hear the BCS buster BS until they lose. Play an SEC schedule week in and week out and let's see where they end up. I'm just tired of the hype.

I wanted UGA to win so these types of threads would not appear. They beat an average SEC team and now we have to hear the BCS buster BS until they lose. Play an SEC schedule week in and week out and let's see where they end up. I'm just tired of the hype.

:yeahthat:

I have my doubts that they would stay unscathed even in any BCS conference, yet alone SEC. UGA will most likely prove to be an average SEC team this year and Boise doesn't really have another test this season outside of TCU team that looks to be down.

On the other hand, I would like to see them get a shot at the whole enchilada so that this annual debate can be put to rest, it has really grown old. I have my doubts that they could take down a #1 or #2 team at the end of the year.

not this **** again. **** Boise, they would never be in the discussion if they played a real schedule.

not this **** again. **** Boise, they would never be in the discussion if they played a real schedule.

"this **** again" happens because they consistently beat a big name from a big conference at the beginning of the season. I give them credit for that.

"this **** again" happens because they consistently beat a big name from a big conference at the beginning of the season. I give them credit for that.

I agree it is impressive they have, for the most part, beaten some very good teams from major conferences and aren't affraid to play anybody anywhere. It just sucks for them, and us, that they don't have the opportunity to prove their worth throughout a season.

If they played in a major conference, I think they would bee good, but not great. They could also show they are great. All speculation, but until they do prove it, they don't deserve mNC consideration.

Boise looked good, but Georgia is also the same team we beat last year with Hawk. Just putting that win in perspective, since ya know, previous years should totally matter when it comes to the BCS NC. Let me know if Boise ever plays more than 2-3 hard games a year and I'll support putting them in the big one.

WR has won this thread.

</Thread>

Boise looked good, but Georgia is also the same team we beat last year with Hawk. Just putting that win in perspective, since ya know, previous years should totally matter when it comes to the BCS NC. Let me know if Boise ever plays more than 2-3 hard games a year and I'll support putting them in the big one.

I don't care what Georgia did last year, I only care about this year.

Signed,

Carolina

I can't stand boise st. Its a helluva lot easier to only have to play one or two tough opponents a year than to plan an entire schedule of tough opponents. Face it, they play a patsy schedule year in and year out.

I can't stand the Big 10 and Big East. Its a helluva lot easier to only have to play one or two tough opponents a year than to plan an entire schedule of tough opponents. Face it, they play a patsy schedule year in and year out.

Fixed.

In your fix, you should have changed "patsy" to "pasty" as an extra little joke in there for the pale boys in the parts of the country the sun don't shine. You're welcome.

Excellent suggestion from Rugged. Thank you.

Well.. All I know is that they would beat the crap out of us.

Theyve smacked the PAC-10 around in recent years.. The only teams that could beat them this year are Stanford and Oregon. And they beat up on Oregon a few times recently.

Do they get in the title game if they run the table now that they beat Georgia in basically a home game for the dawgs?

No. You don't get to play for a national championship after having won one game. And beating TCU only makes you as good as Baylor. The rest of their schedule is a joke.

Boise plays 2 more pre-season ranked teams than AQ Virginia Tech does, so if VT runs the table they shouldn't be given a shot either.

We beat Georgia last year, and had we played teams like Louisiana Tech or New Mexico State through out the season, we probably could have won just about every game if not all of them... were we in the NC talk? no

Do they get in the title game if they run the table now that they beat Georgia in basically a home game for the dawgs?

I really expected UGA to win. Boise just keeps impressing me every year. They know how to play in big games!:wow:
Richt should have been fired last year. Remember they were 6 - 7, and lost to CU. They are a middle of the pack SEC East team.
If you think they could win against Bama, LSU, Arkansas, or Mississippi State - stay on your medications.

Richt should have been fired last year. Remember they were 6 - 7, and lost to CU. They are a middle of the pack SEC East team.
If you think they could win against Bama, LSU, Arkansas, or Mississippi State - stay on your medications.

Never said that

playing week in and week out in the ACC means more than getting up for two games against Georgia and TCU

Fsu. Miami. VT.

The middle being UNC and GT and Clemson.

Yeah, that's horrible.

I wouldn't put Miami in the upper part, and Florida state hasn't been dominant in years. UNC is about to be taken down more and GT lost to a bad Kansas team last year. As for AQ conferences, I don't think the ACC or Big East are that much better than the MWC.

Boise plays 2 more pre-season ranked teams than AQ Virginia Tech does, so if VT runs the table they shouldn't be given a shot either.

I'm for this. One of the most overrated programs of the last decade. They and Boise can slug it out in the Sugar Bowl while the deserving teams play a week later in the BCS title game.

I wouldn't put Miami in the upper part, and Florida state hasn't been dominant in years. UNC is about to be taken down more and GT lost to a bad Kansas team last year. As for AQ conferences, I don't think the ACC or Big East are that much better than the MWC.

Miami is down and is going to get hammered, but won a MNC somewhat recently. FSU won 10 games this year and we will see how good theynare when OU goes to Talahassee this year. GT shared a national championship with us a long time ago and Clemson has won it all too.

No one currently in the Wmc has won MNC and very few will go play in the NFL compared to the ACC which has more players in the NFL than even the SEC. Boise is good, but they are also a product of having good depth because they play **** teams week in and week out and only have to play a few tough games a year. Put them on our schedule and they see what its like to lose 3 CBs in the first few games or have your starting LT go out.

Back