What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Boise State's Black Uni's

Our jerseys from the 80s are just one more thing in a long line of stupid decisions this program has made.

Our jerseys from the 80s are just one more thing in a long line of stupid decisions this program has made.

Totally disagree. The "80s" jerseys look great to me. It's the shiny black helmets that are stupid. It is sort of a half-***** attempt at an "alternate" look.

Just to weigh in.

I love our uniforms. Did the early 2000s Barnett look slightly cleaner? Maybe...I loved those too.

I thought the black uniforms v. ASU looked sharp, and I liked the shiny helmets.

But I love our current uniforms, and they don't look a bit dated to me. The fit is considerably updated, and they look far better than the 80s/90s uniforms which served as their inspiration.

We finally got the uniforms right. Do we have to hash this over again?

For those like that space-age ****, you might want to see the dancing robot on Fox NFL programming. In fact, just stick with the NFL.

You don't have to hash anythign over. Did someone make a request for you to read and participate in this thread? I'll never understand some people who feel the need to restrict others from discussing a topic of their choice. It's really simple. If you don't care for the topic, don't participate.

You don't have to hash anythign over. Did someone make a request for you to read and participate in this thread? I'll never understand some people who feel the need to restrict others from discussing a topic of their choice. It's really simple. If you don't care for the topic, don't participate.

+1

And I don't have to stick to the nfl because I would prefer a different uniform you ****tard

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Love the current uniforms, but I don't have a problem mixing in some concept unis that the kids enjoy every once in a while. They're just uniforms, why not have some fun with it.

You're quite obnoxious. Actually, really obnoxious. Well i guess I'm not sure whether it is "quite" or "really". Does anyone else have any opinions on which he is? And please don't try and tell me we can't discuss it. Just don't participate if you don't like it.

+1

And I don't have to stick to the nfl because I would prefer a different uniform you ****tard

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

You guys are right. I did choose to participate in this thread. Your opinions are valuable of course, though I do disagree with them.

And I'm sorry, RS, did you call me a ****tard? I do welcome the opportunity to discuss that with you at the Sackygate of your choice.

It's my opinion that our Hawkins era uniforms were step in the wrong direction. I was very happy when we returned to our more tradiitonal look with an updated fit. I think our current uniforms look excellent, and would be discouraged if we lost ground after my extensive letter writing campaign coupled with donations to the AD.

As an aside, I grew up in Eugene, and am the only member of my immediate family that didn't attend The U of O. I was raised a Duck fan, and maintained some loyalty to that school until the whole goofy uniform, thuggish act thing got out of control. Now, except for Nebraska, USC and maybe Baylor, I can't think of a school I hate more than Oregon.

To me, College Football is as much about tradition as anything. The NFL is the bright flashy side of football in my opinion. I hate to see our tradition compromised to placate a bunch of 18-year-olds a the expense of a large portion of the fanbase.

Totally disagree. The "80s" jerseys look great to me. It's the shiny black helmets that are stupid. It is sort of a half-***** attempt at an "alternate" look.

We'll have to agree to disagree on the jerseys. I like the black shiny helmets, but I think they look dumb paired with throwback jerseys from the 80s.

Just to weigh in.

I love our uniforms. Did the early 2000s Barnett look slightly cleaner? Maybe...I loved those too.

I thought the black uniforms v. ASU looked sharp, and I liked the shiny helmets.

But I love our current uniforms, and they don't look a bit dated to me. The fit is considerably updated, and they look far better than the 80s/90s uniforms which served as their inspiration.

For those like that space-age ****, you might want to see the dancing robot on Fox NFL programming. In fact, just stick with the NFL.

I would just like to find a happy medium between the space age and the 80s. I don't need 45 alternate uniforms, but the move back to the 80s uniforms felt very self serving to the current staff.

You guys are right. I did choose to participate in this thread. Your opinions are valuable of course, though I do disagree with them.

And I'm sorry, RS, did you call me a ****tard? I do welcome the opportunity to discuss that with you at the Sackygate of your choice.

It's my opinion that our Hawkins era uniforms were step in the wrong direction. I was very happy when we returned to our more tradiitonal look with an updated fit. I think our current uniforms look excellent, and would be discouraged if we lost ground after my extensive letter writing campaign coupled with donations to the AD.

As an aside, I grew up in Eugene, and am the only member of my immediate family that didn't attend The U of O. I was raised a Duck fan, and maintained some loyalty to that school until the whole goofy uniform, thuggish act thing got out of control. Now, except for Nebraska, USC and maybe Baylor, I can't think of a school I hate more than Oregon.

To me, College Football is as much about tradition as anything. The NFL is the bright flashy side of football in my opinion. I hate to see our tradition compromised to placate a bunch of 18-year-olds a the expense of a large portion of the fanbase.

I see it differently - I'd much rather cater to the 18 year olds who we're trying to recruit than the portion of the fan base who is stuck in the glory years.

Our current jerseys make us look like a HS squad who doesn't have the budget to upgrade their uniforms IMO.

Hey, Internet tough guy, big talk from a guy in VA.

everyone that says uniforms don't matter. The espn game crew spent 10 minutes talking about the black out uni's and oregons many options. Recruits are watching these games and how many does oregon have??

everyone that says uniforms don't matter. The espn game crew spent 10 minutes talking about the black out uni's and oregons many options. Recruits are watching these games and how many does oregon have??

I never said uniforms don't matter. They matter to me.

Of course uniforms matter. Oregon's lack of err... uniformity is their brand. Read any Oregon recruit update and they nearly always mention the uniforms. That is the initial exposure many get to Oregon. At this point, if we have to resort to a gimmick like that (among other things), I'm all for it. **** integrity at this point

No ****. I can think of great ways to change the uniforms to make them appeal to the 18 year old recruits. Well, not that many actually. And only to the cheerleaders uniforms. And only if our mascot was a 'Beaver'. Nevermind. Nothing to see here. Move along.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Northwestern coming with the best black helmet of all IMO.

uspw_6674394.jpg

Northwestern coming with the best black helmet of all IMO.

uspw_6674394.jpg

I don't hate the Mat Black, but I hate the rest of their uniforms. Especially the "Wildcats" on the pants, but the whole thing looks stupid. But again, the helmet is okay.

I don't hate the Mat Black, but I hate the rest of their uniforms. Especially the "Wildcats" on the pants, but the whole thing looks stupid. But again, the helmet is okay.

Im not always a fan of the matte black but I like the enlarged logo.

USC hasn't changed their uniforms... well, ever. They don't seem to be having these kinds of discussions. Nor at Alabama, Michigan, Ohio State, etc. Stop with the bull**** about needing to spice up our uniforms. That's a diversionary tactic. It's not our uniforms that suck, it's our players, coaches and administrators.

You forgot the part where you scream; NOW GET OFF MY LAWN!!!!

Seriously, you hear Pederson say it. And you see the talent the Ducks have. Our unis are old and grumpy and this years play has tarnished those unis quite a bit.

Back