What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Boise worth the move to the MWC?

Unleash Hell

What if the remaining Big 12 stays together and nabs TCU and BYU. Utah then goes to the Pac to finish out the 12 pac. What does Boise st think of it's move to the MWC then?

Then it is a lateral move to a conference with its own network.

Not thrilled, but they would be OK.

I think that at a minimum BYU is stuck. Utah would be logical to the PAC but the PAC has made it clear that they don't want the baggage that comes with BYU and their demands as far as scheduling as well as their negative reputation in California from Prop 8. and some other things as well.

The new Big XII would also not have any interest in dealing with these same issues and has enough other candidates closer to their Texas base.

This means that the new MWC could be BYU, Boise, and a bunch of hangers on.

Boise was in a unique situation at this time. My understanding is that they had a contract in the WAC for a specific time and were able to leave this year without obligation or financial cost. In that case even a stripped down MWC is a step up from the WAC.

I am still thinking that eventually there is going to be a shakeout and the best of the mid-majors and those left out of the current dealings are going to come together in a way that leaves the bottom schools revenue wise out in the cold. In the MWC Wyoming, SDSU, CSU, are at risk, in the WAC schools like Idaho (home seating capacity <20k,) NMSU, Utah State, Louisiana Tech who all are close in attendance to the NCAA D1 minimums could be in trouble. Most of the MAC and all of the Sun Belt would be in danger. Some of C-USA might be in trouble depending on where the cut-off line.

The issue really hits if the major conferences come to an agreement to leave the NCAA behind and form a new governing organization leaving the smaller schools and lower divisions out in the cold and without the revenue generated by the large schools.

if i were a big xii leftover, that would be my move. i dont understand why they are not pushing that harder. let texas go where ever. ISU, MIZZOU, KU and KSU. add in the MWC with BSU and you have a more than decent conference. add in BSU and SMU.

so you would have 14 teams....

seperate them something along the lines of

division A:
ISU, Mizzou, KSU, KU, TCU, SMU and UNM
division B:
SDSU, AF, BYU, CSU, Wyoming, BSU and UNLV

or some crap like that. i dunno.

Back