What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Both A&M AND Nebraska home games could be at Mile High

Darth Snow

Hawaiian Buffalo
Club Member
Junta Member
http://www.dailycamera.com/cu-colle...some-confusion-about-csu-and-texas?source=rss

Re: A&M contract that says it can be held in Denver.
There is a similar stipulation in the contract with Nebraska for a series of four games beginning in 2018 and 2019.
First: NO (especially re: nubs). Having not one, but TWO home games in ****ing Denver? NOT OK. I hope that contract was written in the hopes of changing the CSU series around and, since CSU was stupid and didn't budge, the clause to hold it in Denver will never be used.

Second: there are actually some fixes to holding games in Denver instead of Folsom according to the info fed Ringo.

The game with the Rams has stipulations governing seating options, parking options, ticket prices that are largely responsible for the dissatisfaction of Buffs fans. For instance, CU fans who have 50-yard line seats 20 rows off the field at Folsom Field are relegated to the upper deck in Denver unless they want to pay significantly higher prices for their usual seats.

Yes, it is CU's fault for ever having agreed to this stupid system in the first place and then keeping it in place when the contract was extended for 10 years and the complaints were widely known.

But if CU hosted another opponent in Denver, it would have control over seating options, parking options and prices and CU officials believe having that control would solve a lot of the complaints with the game from their fans.

If Colorado holds any true home games in Denver, I will be extremely pissed. CU needs every possible advantage in their home games and basically making the game a neutral site game (both fan bases will travel) is so stupid it smacks of Bohn type scheduling.

Don't freak out guys. At least, not unless they actually exercise the option with the nubs games and have 2 games in Denver.

If RG gets this program turned around to where this is a big time game (which is the only way he would option it to Denver) I will go watch the Buffs play wherever the hell he wants them to play lol.

giphy.gif

What part of "I don't want to go to Uncle Pat's House of Extortion" didn't the CU AD get?

I could see Mike Bohn pulling a stunt like that, but not RG. I think he knows better. Including that language is probably not a bad idea in the off chance it would make sense at the time. I honestly don't think it would ever really make sense, but I suppose there's a possibility. And if there's a possibility, then we're better off with the language in there.

If, for instance, A&M says that they'll pay some freakish sum in order to bring their cult with them to Invesco, then we'd have to consider it. And by freakish sum, I'm talking like, $3MM or more.

If, for instance, A&M says that they'll pay some freakish sum in order to bring their cult with them to Invesco, then we'd have to consider it. And by freakish sum, I'm talking like, $3MM or more.

That would be my concern. Nebraska and A&M would go pretty far I'd imagine to push this game to Denver. The TV networks could have some influence as well.

I also have a hard time seeing CU fans out-buying 2 of the craziest fanbases in the country, even if we were good, even with better seating options.

Last edited:
CU will always be the minor leagues with **** like this.

It's an option, so what. I'll choose to assume that RG is merely accounting for a worst case scenario, where attendance continues to decline and hosting games in Denver is more profitable. I'll also choose to assume that he already knows how fans feel about games in Denver, that he'll probably ask fans about anyway in the next few years, and that he'll hold the game at Folsom unless it represents a huge loss.

Saddest part is the underlying assumption that we don't have a strong enough fan base right now to prevent other teams from taking over the stadium. Excuse me, not assumption but knowledge.

Saddest part is the underlying assumption that we don't have a strong enough fan base right now to prevent other teams from taking over the stadium. Excuse me, not assumption but knowledge.

CU could be ranked in the Top 10 and there would still be 35K bug eaters in the stands :puke:

Didn't read link, who holds the option? If this is at CU's option, then why freak out?

Didn't read link, who holds the option? If this is at CU's option, then why freak out?

this is the root question -- the linked article implied, but stopped short of stating, that CU held the option. curious if the author didn't know, or just didn't state it well.

If the return trip to tejass was to be held in a pro stadium, then maybe.

As far as the bugeaters and invesco??? No. Way. In. Hell.

Advantages (assuming we are good by then):
1. Would sell out and make lots of money
2. Would look great on TV. I assume national TV
3. Would stir up a lot of local interest
4. Would bring a lot of dough to Denver
5. Possibly a good recruiting tool

Diadvantages:
1. Would kill home field advantage (A lot more rival fans)
2. Would screw season ticket holders
3. Wouldn't showcase the campus
4. Hurts Boulder businesses
5. Crappy game day experience
6. Bad for students (Who'd have to bus to Denver)

I was informed that this was impossible when I posted it about 6 weeks ago. Let's go over it again. Which number is bigger, 53,000 or 78,000? You have 5 minutes...

Advantages (assuming we are good by then):
1. Would sell out and make lots of money
2. Would look great on TV. I assume national TV
3. Would stir up a lot of local interest
4. Would bring a lot of dough to Denver
5. Possibly a good recruiting tool

Diadvantages:
1. Would kill home field advantage (A lot more rival fans)
2. Would screw season ticket holders
3. Wouldn't showcase the campus
4. Hurts Boulder businesses
5. Crappy game day experience
6. Bad for students (Who'd have to bus to Denver)

Not gonna lie, getting a party bus down to Denver at eight in the morning for the csu game a couple years ago was one of the funniest days of college.

We all know that Rick George is not only a businessman, but a very good businessman. Getting the new facilities shows us that--pretty much everything he does shows us that. It seems to me that the vast majority of all-buffers have been pleased with the way he does things. When he played hardball with CSU on the contract for the series, almost all of us applauded because it was good for CU fans and good for business. When he stopped requiring a purchase of the tickets for the game at Sports Authority, almost all of us applauded because it was good for CU fans and good for business. I trust that every move he makes is going to be good for CU fans and good for business. And yeah, I hate games in NFL stadiums (I even hate NFL games at NFL stadiums, and would rather watch a Donkeys game at home over Sports Authority any day), but if they could figure out a way to play a game against A and M at Arlington, I would make that trip in a New York second.

If the return trip to tejass was to be held in a pro stadium, then maybe.

As far as the bugeaters and invesco??? No. Way. In. Hell.

aTm's newly remodeled Kyle Field is bigger(102K) and better than most any pro stadium anyway. Jerry Jones' Palace only seats 80K.

For CU, it will be an economic decision: $1.2 million net playing in Boulder versus $2-3 million playing at Mile High; with CU fan concerns addressed for the most part.

Hmmmmm, since Folsom would also be taken over by foreign hordes (CU fanbase is notorious for selling their tix to invading fans), what would you do?

Its not going to be a traditional "home game" atmosphere either way; might as well take a few premium bucks from the rubes!

And I hate Mile High, but knowing CU fans can get decent seats, good parking and decent tailgating, I'd love to grab Aggie and Fusker bux.

Last edited:
Both A&M AND Nebraska home games could be at Mile High

I won't go to Denver to see a CU/Nubs game. Just won't do it. The potential for a lot of ugliness is just too high. These are two fanbases that can't stand each other. There's no respect there, just hatred. It would be a powder keg that makes the CSU game pale in comparison. A&M is a different story.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I won't go to Denver to see a CU/Nubs game. Just won't do it. The potential for a lot of ugliness is just too high. These are two fanbases that can't stand each other. There's no respect there, just hatred. It would be a powder keg that makes the CSU game pale in comparison. A&M is a different story.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How long has NU been in the B1G? By the time the next game rolls around a whole new generation of fans, with no CU/NU piss-bomb memories, will be in place, especially with the bandwagon jumper CU fans, many of whom would sell or give their tix away for a NU game in Boulder anyway.

Ugly in Boulder or ugly in Denver (with hordes of cash in CU pockets), whats' the big deal?

1) Didn't Bohn negotiate the Nub series? If so, there your answer for that one - he loved him some Sports Authority.
2) F.T.S. and that doesn't designate the Navy Full Time Support community.

Back