What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Both A&M AND Nebraska home games could be at Mile High

Revenue considerations are always important, but that is the entire crux of the debate. Where is the tipping point? For some, it would appear that tipping point does not exist.

I will donate $100 worth of liquor to the Sacky tailgate if either or both of these games are actually played in Denver.

Stop with the worring guys. It's just an option. A poor option but just an option.

For the record, I am 100% against it. All home games should be played in Folsom.

The DPD shows up by the hundreds in full riot gear for the CSU game. Why wouldn't they do the same for a CU/NU game?

I have been to many CSU games in Denver and Boulder. I have been to many Nebraska games in Boulder and one in Lincoln. CSU fans are a bunch of loutish goons, which is why they threw bottles at Ben Kelly and rioted. Louts. Goons. CSU fans are a disgrace to our state. Nebraska fans, no matter how annoying they might be, don't riot (to my knowledge), never threw whiskey bottles at Ben Kelly, and are much, much better behaved. You might as well bring riot police to a convention of insurance salesman than a Nebraska game.

gotta tell you, based on the home/home that VT had w/ NU, my perception of Husker fans is closer to tsarbomba's than most allbuffers.

I have been to many CSU games in Denver and Boulder. I have been to many Nebraska games in Boulder and one in Lincoln. CSU fans are a bunch of loutish goons, which is why they threw bottles at Ben Kelly and rioted. Louts. Goons. CSU fans are a disgrace to our state. Nebraska fans, no matter how annoying they might be, don't riot (to my knowledge), never threw whiskey bottles at Ben Kelly, and are much, much better behaved. You might as well bring riot police to a convention of insurance salesman than a Nebraska game.

So, you missed the whole "Sal is dead. Go Big Red!" deal. Along with BD getting hit by a bottle of beer after he scored a TD in Lincoln?

Sorry to break it to you. Nebraska fans are no better and no worse than the average fan anywhere else. They like to think they are. That is just a bunch of horse ****. It's on tape. Clapping for Hampton State is easy to do. When they lose an important game, they are not so kind.

So, you missed the whole "Sal is dead. Go Big Red!" deal. Along with BD getting hit by a bottle of beer after he scored a TD in Lincoln?

Sorry to break it to you. Nebraska fans are no better and no worse than the average fan anywhere else. They like to think they are. That is just a bunch of horse ****. It's on tape. Clapping for Hampton State is easy to do. When they lose an important game, they are not so kind.

Exactly, ask the 2002 Buffs that went and won in Lincoln and how humbleness turned to anger and hate for their "non-rival"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If we beat Nebraska away in a few years all will be right in the world and with Buffs football.

This reminds me of the arguments to bring Texas into the P12. Sure, they'd bring more money, but they're not worth it. The difference in revenue is negligible when you take into consideration the lack of parking revenue, lack of concessions revenue, the extra expenses of paying DPD overtime, rent on the facility, etc. And then you have to take into consideration the PR hit you're going to take when there's a street riot that takes place.

It's a stupid, stupid idea.

You dont know that (bolded) for sure. And some of it can be negotiated like a percentage of the parking take and a percentage of the concessions.

I guarantee if it was your job and the probability of making the University an extra $200,000 or more by playing the game in Denver versus Boulder would have you at least seriously weighing the option. Assume you could get an average of $100 out of every cornhusker fan buying a single game ticket and pack an extra 25,000 seats (76,125 - 53,613=22,512 additional seats) back of the napkin math says thats $2,250,000. Split 50/50 with Mile High and CU walks with $1,125,000. And its close enough some would drive here from Lincoln for the near neutral site game.

The math could work that way because the game is much more compelling game than CU v CSU.

You dont know that (bolded) for sure. And some of it can be negotiated like a percentage of the parking take and a percentage of the concessions.

I guarantee if it was your job and the probability of making the University an extra $200,000 or more by playing the game in Denver versus Boulder would have you at least seriously weighing the option. Assume you could get an average of $100 out of every cornhusker fan buying a single game ticket and pack an extra 25,000 seats (76,125 - 53,613=22,512 additional seats) back of the napkin math says thats $2,250,000. Split 50/50 with Mile High and CU walks with $1,125,000. And its close enough some would drive here from Lincoln for the near neutral site game.

The math could work that way because the game is much more compelling game than CU v CSU.

Part of the deal with the new Mile High was that the Broncos own the rights to the concessions of all events held there. Yes, that could theoretically be negotiated when setting up the game, but in old Mile High, that right belonged to the city of Denver and which was much more reasonable to work with. I don't think CU will see any significant revenue from concessions or parking from any game at SAF. I'd love it if someone can show otherwise from the current deal.

The DPD shows up by the hundreds in full riot gear for the CSU game. Why wouldn't they do the same for a CU/NU game?

CUPD/BPD/BSO all wore helmets, face shields, hand shields and carried batons to all CU home games in the 90s. Do you honestly believe they didn't have tear gas on hand? Like BPD is so much better than DPD. :lol:

The students showed up in the 90s. And like a bunch of assholes the students threw snow balls, ice balls, oranges, and free power bars when NU came down to our end of the stadium.

As a new season holder I haven't noticed that police get up anymore at home games. But then again we stink so bad and the lack of student participation seems to insure the atmosphere will be relatively safe.

Part of the deal with the new Mile High was that the Broncos own the rights to the concessions of all events held there. Yes, that could theoretically be negotiated when setting up the game, but in old Mile High, that right belonged to the city of Denver and which was much more reasonable to work with. I don't think CU will see any significant revenue from concessions or parking from any game at SAF. I'd love it if someone can show otherwise from the current deal.

Like I stated earlier Ive taken off my black and gold colored glasses and approached this argument solely from a money point of view. I emotionally dont want the game played anywhere but Folsom. But the reality is that that option is in the contract and will be exercised if the AD thinks they can make more money off the game in Denver. Skid is correct that this is an arms race and everyone is after every extra dollar they can get.

And lets not forget all those TV content companies that are heading towards streaming. TV is our golden goose, is all of college footballs golden egg, and that comes from packaged TV. If those revenues start to fall from a decline in packaged TV in favor of a la carte you can bet CU will be financially hurt by that.

Like I stated earlier Ive taken off my black and gold colored glasses and approached this argument solely from a money point of view. I emotionally dont want the game played anywhere but Folsom. But the reality is that that option is in the contract and will be exercised if the AD thinks they can make more money off the game in Denver. Skid is correct that this is an arms race and everyone is after every extra dollar they can get.

And lets not forget all those TV content companies that are heading towards streaming. TV is our golden goose, is all of college footballs golden egg, and that comes from packaged TV. If those revenues start to fall from a decline in packaged TV in favor of a la carte you can bet CU will be financially hurt by that.

I think the state of the program 4 years from now is going to be the deciding factor. If the team is nationally relevant and attendance at Folsom is close to selling out on a consistent basis, the extra money won't be as big an issue as it is right now, and they might want to keep it on campus for that extra home field advantage for the team. If we're still stuck in the cellar or mediocrity and struggling with attendance at Folsom, then they are probably going to be more inclined to option it to Mile High for the money grab.

Last I checked NU just fired a coach whose basement was 9 wins and hired a guy whose ceiling is 9 wins. Good luck with that.

True that! I think the Husker program is looking way up. Pelini wasn't happy with being at Nebraska and the program needed a change too. I think HCMR and his staff are perfect for Nebraska, and they appear to be getting the players to buy into their system big time. Time will tell if his 9 win ceiling is broken this year at Nebraska. He and his staff are recruiting like none other and appear their style is winning over some highly regarded recruits. It was just shy of amazing that he was hired and in short order kept the heart of last years class together.

True that! I think the Husker program is looking way up. Pelini wasn't happy with being at Nebraska and the program needed a change too. I think HCMR and his staff are perfect for Nebraska, and they appear to be getting the players to buy into their system big time. Time will tell if his 9 win ceiling is broken this year at Nebraska. He and his staff are recruiting like none other and appear their style is winning over some highly regarded recruits. It was just shy of amazing that he was hired and in short order kept the heart of last years class together.

Were gonna beat your asses in a few years. :jester:

Spin, baby, spin!

I will bookmark this post for reference in 3 years when the effigies are in full force in Lincoln.

Or maybe the nu faithful will accept 9 wins/season as long as it's coming from a head coach as docile and vanilla as the rest of the state rather than a head coach that's actually interesting.

You can rest assured that someone has maximization of revenue for "home" games in their job description at the AD, and to them all that matters is that revenue, not what fans think. I'll be disappointed if either the ATM or nu game is at Mile High, but I won't be surprised.

a3807_large.jpg

Back