What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Both Directv and Dish expexted to sign on day 1 for sec network

DirecTV sucks. More expensive. Worst technology. Only thing that gives it any run is NFL Sunday Ticket. You know what? I'm perfectly happy getting better equipment and better channels in my home for less money with Dish and going to a ****ing bar if I'm dying to see Jacksonville play the Jets.

DirecTV sucks. More expensive. Worst technology. Only thing that gives it any run is NFL Sunday Ticket. You know what? I'm perfectly happy getting better equipment and better channels in my home for less money with Dish and going to a ****ing bar if I'm dying to see Jacksonville play the Jets.

dont disagree with you but i work in the home building business.... right now as the new units get sold ... i notice directv dishes out number dish network dishes 5-1 ( rural area) so no comcrap option

dont disagree with you but i work in the home building business.... right now as the new units get sold ... i notice directv dishes out number dish network dishes 5-1 ( rural area) so no comcrap option

Seems true, my new apartment has a deal with Dtv. Dishes set up rooftop so no need to have the unit taking up porch space. A couple other places I looked at also had Dtv as their primary tv provider. As long as I can find a stream of the games I want to watch I'm fine.

Its supply and demand and facts are facts, perception is DTV is the Benz, Dish is a Toyota. Some of it comes from DTV being the original, some just from individual preference (See Sunday Ticket) If your most enjoyed sporting experience is watching PAC FB then your decision is easy. For many of us its not that simple, I love CU, but I also have not missed a Bronco game in 30+ years. Without DirecTV that would not be possible and was not an issue until conference realignment. I know this the guy that buys 1 XY from the Hardware store doesn't get the same price as I do if I go in and buy 1000 XY's. Let them argue at this point I don't give a damn. I will stick with DTV. and watch Mr. Scotts network in 720P streaming through XBMC for free. Do I feel guilty HELL NO I DONT, again supply and demand. I had the demand and I found the supply. There is a lot of sour grapes about "Make the switch" "better equipment" its all a rationalization for compromise. I prefer to have my cake and eat the whole damn thing while flying a middle finger to Mr. Scott for not understanding he needs viewers more then he needs the pennies at this point for his tiny network.

Looks like I have some ammo to get some free **** from DirecTV until my contract expires in december.

Larry about to go another season without PAC network on the largest satellite provider. Epic fail.

Yikes

As the oldest of the group, the Big Ten is available in 90 million homes throughout the U.S. and Canada. The SEC will launch to 67 million households nationwide, with more deals reportedly in the offing. The Pac-12 comes in third at 60 million.

The numbers look even worse for the Pac-12 when you consider actual subscribers — the consumers who pay for an additional tier to watch the network.

The Pac-12 has only 11 million subscribers as compared with 57 million for the Big Ten, according to SNL Kagan, an industry consulting and research firm.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp...atimes/sports/golf+(L.A.+Times+-+Golf)#page=1

It sounds like Larry misplayed the negotiation with DTV from the start. However, part of the blame must lie at the feet of us, Pac12 fans. If we had all canceled DTV right off the bat, the negotiations might have progressed. If we had collectively demanded the Pac12 network like a rabid SEC fan, we'd have it.

Anyone know how they calculate a subscriber? I have DTV and the B1G Network and can honestly say I've never watched a game on any of the B1G channels. Do they count me as a subscriber?

Anyone know how they calculate a subscriber? I have DTV and the B1G Network and can honestly say I've never watched a game on any of the B1G channels. Do they count me as a subscriber?

Outside the footprint - the Conference networks are on different tiers. Digital premium, etc. The subscriber numbers seem off to me - expecting them to be much higher this time next year with the added distribution to 60 million homes. Have to assume outside the footprint we are on the same tier as the B1G.

LS should've known from the beginning that the Pac-12 fan base doesn't have the passion to put enough pressure on DTV to make them bend and cut a deal with P12N. This conference needs the exposure because they're already at a disadvantage as far as exposure because of their timezone.

The numbers for the SEC Network launch is more like 87 million homes

[TWEET]496411860904579073[/TWEET]

So Ringo just posted the guy in charge of content's name on twitter. Dan York. I am not sure how to get a hold of him, but that is who to be mad at apparently.

It's really quite unreal they are headquartered in El Segundo and they haven't been harassed. It don't know what I am suggesting, but something tells me if they were HQd in Tuscaloosa, dude wouldn't be able to get from his car to office.

From phone

It's really quite unreal they are headquartered in El Segundo and they haven't been harassed. It don't know what I am suggesting, but something tells me if they were HQd in Tuscaloosa, dude wouldn't be able to get from his car to office.

From phone

You're talking about the crazy USC fan contingent?

It sounds like Larry misplayed the negotiation with DTV from the start. However, part of the blame must lie at the feet of us, Pac12 fans. If we had all canceled DTV right off the bat, the negotiations might have progressed. If we had collectively demanded the Pac12 network like a rabid SEC fan, we'd have it.

Is it more reasonable to expect the PAC 12 collective fan base (51% of entire base?) to pressure DTV (call DTV threatening to cancel?) to win a deal, or more reasonable to expect Larry to successfully handle the negotiations? If the collective fan base has ownership in this, it's an incredibly small amount.

The only way that this is not a massive failure resting on Larry's shoulders is if "no deal" was actually on the list of acceptable outcomes at the outset. Maybe it was.

Directv wants the PAC12 a la carte sort of pay per view pricing unless the PAC12 gives them a lower price than everyone else. I applaud Scott for not bending fans over for DTV. Plenty of other carriers to choose from.

SEC has ESPN so I am sure that helped them.

Is it more reasonable to expect the PAC 12 collective fan base (51% of entire base?) to pressure DTV (call DTV threatening to cancel?) to win a deal, or more reasonable to expect Larry to successfully handle the negotiations? If the collective fan base has ownership in this, it's an incredibly small amount.

The only way that this is not a massive failure resting on Larry's shoulders is if "no deal" was actually on the list of acceptable outcomes at the outset. Maybe it was.
Ummmm, the channel doesn't exist without viewers. Yes, the collective fan base has shared ownership in this one. Emphasis on shared.

Back