What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Both Directv and Dish expexted to sign on day 1 for sec network

I'm not sure that Pac-12 really wants to market themselves as a football conference because of the perceived image it might project. :rolling_eyes: They seem much more comfortable and interested in promoting their olympic sports and academics. Newsflash to the Pac-12, those things don't bring ratings and interest.

As Nik said, the only way to change that is to bring Oklahoma and Texas football culture into this liberal conference.

That's the culture CU has been running away​ from for the past 20+ years.

That's the culture CU has been running away​ from for the past 20+ years.

It is.

I think that most Pac-12 fans would hope to stay at 12 teams for a good long while, if not forever. And if forced to go to 16 by the changing landscape of college sports, I think that most Pac-12 fans would rather keep the culture and own the western US by adding (as an example) SDSU, Boise State, UNLV and New Mexico versus trying to expand into the lower midwest.

If we are making more money than other conferences (after they split income and give up programming control) then don't need to give up control to get onto Direct TV. And we can all switch to Comcast or Dish. Maybe Uverse too. It's not like we will fold if we don't get on DTV.

Who cares about exposure? We are making enough cash and people enjoy the games. Play earlier and put worthy games on the pac12 network only. Carolina might get pissed, but he can switch providers. I have comcast and pay for the sports tier. Before that I used to watch the games on that ****ty FCS Atlantic. Much better than before.

A top pac12 team is not going to be left out of the playoff. Espn can go duck themselves. Espn is what's ruining college football, not pac12 network not being on DTV.

I love this thread and every one that has ever existed like it. There is so much rationalization that goes on to present a point or to justify ones position its comical. Here is the cold hard truth, DTV does not need the PAC, So as it has been since day 1 it's LS job to convince them they do. It sales gentlemen, and for the record when the only place that the PAC matters is within its footprint, then divide that number down by providers, those screaming "I WILL SWITCH" is frankly laughable to DTV. I said when CU made the announcement. The PAC plays in a time zone that renders them 2nd class to over 1/2 the nation SEC or BIG fans or not. Larry over played his hand, this is his baby, and his failure. Spin it however you want gent's, but those in sales know if the PAC is MEGA INC and Larry is my Pacific sales manager and he leverages sales to hold the price above what the market bears its on him. So when MEGA's Pacific sales are dead last, and perception is our product is second rate guess where LS is next week ? the UNEMPLOYMENT LINE, its not what you did, its what are you doing now. THIS IS SIMPLE, LARRY HAS A PRODUCT HE NEEDS DTV MORE THEN THEY NEED HIM. While the idealist's say "no, we cant do this" its a 10 year plan,..... really ? well after 10 will it become a 20 or ???? Mr. Scott your product is available free on the net to all of us and its quite simple to get, in HD. So make a deal before Mega Inc has a new Pacific Sales manager.

I love this thread and every one that has ever existed like it. There is so much rationalization that goes on to present a point or to justify ones position its comical. Here is the cold hard truth, DTV does not need the PAC, So as it has been since day 1 it's LS job to convince them they do. It sales gentlemen, and for the record when the only place that the PAC matters is within its footprint, then divide that number down by providers, those screaming "I WILL SWITCH" is frankly laughable to DTV. I said when CU made the announcement. The PAC plays in a time zone that renders them 2nd class to over 1/2 the nation SEC or BIG fans or not. Larry over played his hand, this is his baby, and his failure. Spin it however you want gent's, but those in sales know if the PAC is MEGA INC and Larry is my Pacific sales manager and he leverages sales to hold the price above what the market bears its on him. So when MEGA's Pacific sales are dead last, and perception is our product is second rate guess where LS is next week ? the UNEMPLOYMENT LINE, its not what you did, its what are you doing now. THIS IS SIMPLE, LARRY HAS A PRODUCT HE NEEDS DTV MORE THEN THEY NEED HIM. While the idealist's say "no, we cant do this" its a 10 year plan,..... really ? well after 10 will it become a 20 or ???? Mr. Scott your product is available free on the net to all of us and its quite simple to get, in HD. So make a deal before Mega Inc has a new Pacific Sales manager.
Hmm. I've got about 200 channels on my DirecTV I don't need. I assume most of them get less viewership than the PAC Network would.

It's a failure by LS, plain and simple. He overplayed his hand.

The PAC also needs to get creative on how to allow the rest of the country to see the product (both broadcasting issues and game times). The PAC will always be below the Big 10 and the SEC, but the margin doesn't have to be so wide. (I'm not talking about quality of teams; the PAC is very competitive with the rest).

Embracing the digital age and finding ways to get around the traditional bundled TV carrier model, could be a good way to go. Make the product affordable and easy to access and you will develop a larger market for your product.

Last edited:
You could make the PAC Network free on basic cable for every MSO in the country and it probably barely moves the needle in viewership. Like you said, people watch their schools/conference.
They announced the PAC will be available in 60 million homes this season. So cox, Comcast, etc. are expanding their markets.
Not being in bars is the big problem for exposure. But the network is doing fine. Sales 101 says you don't devalue your product and cut your fee in half when every other customer thinks you set the market right. F8ck DirecTV.

From phone

I am perfectly fine not having the football is religion culture and that is never going to change. The PAC was widely recognized as the second best conference last season and had arguments for being the best top to bottom.

This season will only build on that. You don't devalue your own product by taking yourself out at the knees.

Read the times article, it's the long play.

From phone

^^^^This^^^^

If we are making more money than other conferences (after they split income and give up programming control) then don't need to give up control to get onto Direct TV. And we can all switch to Comcast or Dish. Maybe Uverse too. It's not like we will fold if we don't get on DTV.

Agreed 100%. People need to look at the business aspect of it.

It's a failure by LS, plain and simple. He overplayed his hand.

The PAC also needs to get creative on how to allow the rest of the country to see the product (both broadcasting issues and game times). The PAC will always be below the Big 10 and the SEC, but the margin doesn't have to be so wide. (I'm not talking about quality of teams; the PAC is very competitive with the rest).

Embracing the digital age and finding ways to get around the traditional bundled TV carrier model, could be a good way to go. Make the product affordable and easy to access and you will develop a larger market for your product.

LS simply decided against giving away control for the network. It obviously has paid off financially. I disagree that he overplayed his hand. I do however agree about getting distribution through digital means. The thing is that is where the market is going and DTV will have less power to try and bend over their partners.

XBMC gentlemen, add on is Navix the location is Porkies playlist. All the regional channels and the main PAC Network channel, all in 720p and free, If your not watching its because you prefer to complain about who has it and who doesn't

XBMC gentlemen, add on is Navix the location is Porkies playlist. All the regional channels and the main PAC Network channel, all in 720p and free, If your not watching its because you prefer to complain about who has it and who doesn't

or because they prefer not to steal.

According to the FCC and the letter of the law it is not stealing or a crime, could it change ? without question. This is a well known and publicized format, if the feds want it shut down they would have done it. This is the place change happens, where Larry Scott, and DTV will both realize along with many other providers and outlets that we need to change the way we do business. People don't want to pay for 30 Spanish channels, or 10 cooking channels. This is ala carte, and just as the way the 10ft Sate dish changed things so will this. I am not the stream, and under the letter of the current law, what I am doing along with 1000's more is not stealing. But hey whatever, I wont feel guilty watching it, or paying my $250 so I can watch the Broncos on Sunday.

Is there an English version of this?

Would be nice to be able to watch p12 network on chromecast, roku and other devices. I would definitely pay a mnthly subscription for that.

LS simply decided against giving away control for the network. It obviously has paid off financially. I disagree that he overplayed his hand. I do however agree about getting distribution through digital means. The thing is that is where the market is going and DTV will have less power to try and bend over their partners.

It certainly has paid off financially. Maybe he didn't overplay his hand. Might be a bit strong. My main point was I believe the PAC can garner much higher interest if they get creative. That could be done by making the games more accessible. Maybe partner with some of the conference's Silicon Valley tech geeks and get something cool done.

It certainly has paid off financially. Maybe he didn't overplay his hand. Might be a bit strong. My main point was I believe the PAC can garner much higher interest if they get creative. That could be done by making the games more accessible. Maybe partner with some of the conference's Silicon Valley tech geeks and get something cool done.

I think that is coming very soon. If you live outside the US is basically is happening now but the cable and sat companies are scared and fighting tooth and nail to keep the programming on the archaic television format.

If you are CU, the PAC or any sports team with a RSN... You want the status quo. While offering online subscriptions are great for us consumers (in theory), they blow for maximizing $$$$.

From phone

Would be nice to be able to watch p12 network on chromecast, roku and other devices. I would definitely pay a mnthly subscription for that.

This is NOT going to happen!!! (I agree 100% it SHOULD happen - but it isn't going to happen anytime soon!)

At least not so long as the Pac-12 is getting money from AT&T, Comcast, Cox, DISH, etc. Those contracts are going to specifically state that direct streaming via the pac-12 is NOT ALLOWED. So until the television providers start allowing it - don't expect to get it anytime soon.

The NFL appears to be the one body that might change this course with their NFL sunday ticket - if you can buy it via their app on Apple TV, iPhone, iPad, tablets, etc. But they are only even talking about it because they have a subscription with ONE provider (Directv) and their contract is up for renewal this year.

This is NOT going to happen!!! (I agree 100% it SHOULD happen - but it isn't going to happen anytime soon!)

At least not so long as the Pac-12 is getting money from AT&T, Comcast, Cox, DISH, etc. Those contracts are going to specifically state that direct streaming via the pac-12 is NOT ALLOWED. So until the television providers start allowing it - don't expect to get it anytime soon.

The NFL appears to be the one body that might change this course with their NFL sunday ticket - if you can buy it via their app on Apple TV, iPhone, iPad, tablets, etc. But they are only even talking about it because they have a subscription with ONE provider (Directv) and their contract is up for renewal this year.

These providers remind me of the music industry of the late 90's early 2000's. They are going to lose a lot of revenue to piracy and non-approved streams if they don't change their ways. The music industry seems to get it now but it did take a decade.

These providers remind me of the music industry of the late 90's early 2000's. They are going to lose a lot of revenue to piracy and non-approved streams if they don't change their ways. The music industry seems to get it now but it did take a decade.

Sue your customers?

"Navi-x Dependencies not met. Please contact Author."

So Scott cant sell it to us via the net, so what is all this talk about PAC has control and they are not run by providers ? sounds like he is doing exactly what they are telling him he can do. where the NFL does exactly what they want and fly's the middle finger.

for those asking this question there are Apple TV, Roku, and several other devices that have all of the XBMC software loaded on them and are plug and play. they can be bought on ebay for $100 to $200 depending on how elaborate you want

link to amazon for Apple TV and G box midnight preloaded
http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&ke...=aps&hvadid=3484999213&ref=pd_sl_5tups728av_e

Last edited:
Back