What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Boulder bball frustration

brian

I've watched quite a bit of Buffalo basketball this season and a lot of frustration that comes with it. I think the main problem for them is a lack of a go-to guard who can change the outcome of a game. It gave me a headache watching how many open looks they were passing up last night . They pass and pass and turn the ball over without hitting the open jumper. When you have an open shot, you shoot! If you don't, you shouldn't be playing D-1 basketball.

Every time they face stiff competition, they end up either blowing their leads (@SC) or getting blown out. The best win of the year was against Oregon(a nail-biter) and they seem to struggle in crunch time. The lack of a go-to guard makes them susceptible to breakdowns and they need a 1-2 punch with Scott and Gordon dominating the post. Fortune is inconsistent. I've seen him play some good games, but he doesn't have the type of 'closing attitude' and looks frustrated out there. Collier is able to knock down 3's and pass well but he isn't a top point guard in the league. Talton was their best guard coming off the bench last night. Akyzili has had some good games, but I saw him pass up way too many open shots last night. And that is bad news for what is supposed to be your off the bench 3 point man.

Fact is, they are a mediocre team at this point. I'd be surprised if they get in the tourney unless they finish off the season beating Arizona and winning 2 out of 3 and then making a run in the conference tourney. They turn the ball over way too much and lack the guard play needed to be successful. The coaching is a problem as well. If you can't finish off leads winning by 10-15 coming down the stretch and adapt to zone-D, that is a big problem. I know we all love Tad, but he makes a lot of mistakes and doesn't have answers against the zone. Hopefully they can find a way to beat Arizona, as this can hopefully mean a bid to the dance. But with the way they are playing, I think they might be bubbled out.

Back