What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Bowl game watch guide - "The Enemy of My Enemy is My Friend"

MontanaBuff

I have no problem with teams which CU plays being world beaters - after we play them. When we are playing them, I want them to be decimated, distracted, and defeated. Why? Because in college football, winning is everything. Money, media attention, recruits - did I mention money? - follow winning programs. They don’t remember how you got there - just that you made it.

The attention span of football media and fans is incredibly short. You want long-term memory and perspective? Not in this arena. Do you think that there will be a single 2009 preseason college football magazine which will have in its introduction for CU the following language: “But for a freak Cornhusker record 57 yard field goal at the end of the Nebraska game, Colorado would have been bowling for the second consecutive season under Dan Hawkins. The slow but steady rise back to the nation’s elite is on track in Boulder ...”

Not a chance.

These are the phrases we will see: “three consecutive losing seasons for the first time since 1982-84...”; “continues to struggle”; “mistakes of youth”, and, most important for our purposes, “daunting schedule”.

It’s no secret that year in and year out, the Buffs play one of the toughest schedules in the nation. Good for us.
Where did playing a tough non-conference schedule leave CU in 2008?

Home for the holidays.

Toward that end, I have found that Buff fans have a rooting interest in all 34 of the bowl games. To spare you from having to sift through every game in one sitting, I have limited the first round of "who to root for" to the first 17 games - those played between December 20th and December 30th.

http://www.cuatthegame.com

Go Buffs!

Good read as usual, thanks!...I'm not exactly sold that CSU could even be considered a favorite (let alone a chance to win) for next years game even with a bowl win this weekend though...the difference between Fairchilds first year & Hawkins is that Fairchild was left with a pretty decent squad with some good experience...subtract their 3 best players Sperry, Gartrell Johnson & Kyle Bell, 5 Seniors on Defense & throw in an even more inexperienced unknown QB than Billy Ferris Beuller and the Buffs should steamroll.

Need a Cherry on top of that icing?....the game is in Boulder.

Good read as usual, thanks!...I'm not exactly sold that CSU could even be considered a favorite (let alone a chance to win) for next years game even with a bowl win this weekend though...the difference between Fairchilds first year & Hawkins is that Fairchild was left with a pretty decent squad with some good experience...subtract their 3 best players Sperry, Gartrell Johnson & Kyle Bell, 5 Seniors on Defense & throw in an even more inexperienced unknown QB than Billy Ferris Beuller and the Buffs should steamroll.

Need a Cherry on top of that icing?....the game is in Boulder.

:yeahthat:

CSWho will not be favored in that game.

Really the non-conference schedule wasn't too big a factor in missing a bowl, the FSU game was disastrous in more ways than being just one loss though

Back