What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Bowl Selection thread

fischer

http://eye-on-collegefootball.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/24156338/33688374

virginia tech -> chick fil a v possibly auburn
florida state -> champs sports v probably notre dame
ga tech -> sun bowl
nc state -> belk bowl v louisville
virginia -> music city
wake forest -> indy bowl
north carolina -> military bowl

Not sure how "fischer" can be right, unless wispy is wrong about the non-aq top 12 bid. Could it possibly be Bailer - Alamo, Boise - Sugar, OU or K-State - Cotton, OU or K-State - somewhere below the Alamo?

Boise. 2 ranked opponents, including a win over an $EC division champ.
Bammer. 3 ranked opponents, including a loss to an $EC division champ.

The $EC may have had 5 ranked teams at the end of the year, including Bammer, but Bammer missed two of them (UGA and USC).

And no, I don't think Boise is anywhere near as good as Bammer. I just love jacking with $EC honks and Boise haters. You just happen to be both... :smile2:

That is very true. :lol:

OK, looked at the BCS selection criteria... The confusion seems to be that for the top 12 non-AQ thing to apply, the team has to be the conference champion. Which is why Boise doesn't get an automatic bid. And the top 4 bid for Stanford only applies if the #3 team doesn't get in that way. Assuming OSU stays at #3, I think Stanford should have an auto-bid.

Also, to get an auto-bid you have to be in the top 14 of the final rankings. Meatchicken was #16 last week. All the talk about them being in was apparently a load of crap - they obviously didn't end up qualifying.

Kind of interesting that Kjsu would beat out Va Tech for the Sugar Bowl. Might have a lot to do with the Big 12 having more mojo than the ACC, and maybe something to do with Va Tech playing in the Sugar Bowl a few times recently, I think. EDIT: Or maybe not... :lol:

Auburn is posting chik fil a bowl ticket details on its website

first time ever the acc has pulled 2 bcs invites

taxslayer.com Gator Bowl? Really? This naming stuff is getting out of hand....

OK, looked at the BCS selection criteria... The confusion seems to be that for the top 12 non-AQ thing to apply, the team has to be the conference champion. Which is why Boise doesn't get an automatic bid. And the top 4 bid for Stanford only applies if the #3 team doesn't get in that way. Assuming OSU stays at #3, I think Stanford should have an auto-bid.

Also, to get an auto-bid you have to be in the top 14 of the final rankings. Meatchicken was #16 last week. All the talk about them being in was apparently a load of crap - they obviously didn't end up qualifying.

Kind of interesting that Kjsu would beat out Va Tech for the Sugar Bowl. Might have a lot to do with the Big 12 having more mojo than the ACC, and maybe something to do with Va Tech playing in the Sugar Bowl a few times recently, I think. EDIT: Or maybe not... :lol:

My bad, I must have misread the top-12 thing, I didn't know it had a conference champion tag on it.

Texas v Cal Holiday Bowl

Go Bears!!!!!!!

Thanks very much. We have been waiting for these f*ckers since 2004! Our hatred for them is only surpassed by...well, your hatred for them.

LonghornFan1.jpg

image_thumb%5B3%5D.png

Photos or stories anyone wants to PM me which cast them in a horrible light would be appreciated for my board.

Last edited:
Why would the Sugar Bowl pass up a possible Stanford-Michigan matchup for a VTech-Michigan matchup?

They have first choice at the at-large teams and can dictate the selection process. Whoever they don't take with the first selection can be picked by the Fiesta but why risk losing a top 5 team? The Fiesta is just as likely of taking Boise State to face Oklahoma State as it is Michigan.

Why would the Sugar Bowl pass up a possible Stanford-Michigan matchup for a VTech-Michigan matchup?

They have first choice at the at-large teams and can dictate the selection process. Whoever they don't take with the first selection can be picked by the Fiesta but why risk losing a top 5 team? The Fiesta is just as likely of taking Boise State to face Oklahoma State as it is Michigan.

Stanford won't travel like VT.

VT in the BCS is a ****ing joke, but it means Atlanta instead of Nashville for UVA, so helps out in that regard. Just a ****ing joke that losing the ACCCG ended up working out better for them. **** VT, what a farce.

Back