What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Bowl shakeup?

stampy

Apparently the Alamo Bowl just signed an agreement to get the #2 team in the PAC 10. http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4429272

The #2 PAC 10 team previously went to the Holiday, and last year the #4 B12 team got the Alamo Bowl. Is this something that was known that I missed? I assume the Alamo Bowl will make a play for a higher B12 team for this matchup, does that take the B12 out of the Holiday Bowl? Does anyone have any insight to this?

i can't see the Alamo Bowl jumping the Cotton as bowls in the state of Texas given the SWC tradition of the Cotton.

hard to know, this leaves the Holiday with no pac team or pac #3? does the big xii still have the same commitments to the holiday and alamo? because it looks like the alamo is the *new* holiday bowl.

Apparently the Alamo Bowl just signed an agreement to get the #2 team in the PAC 10. http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4429272

The #2 PAC 10 team previously went to the Holiday, and last year the #4 B12 team got the Alamo Bowl. Is this something that was known that I missed? I assume the Alamo Bowl will make a play for a higher B12 team for this matchup, does that take the B12 out of the Holiday Bowl? Does anyone have any insight to this?

The bowl system sucks... We need a playoff. Till then College Football, other than games CU is playing in, is stupid and pointless.

i can't see the Alamo Bowl jumping the Cotton as bowls in the state of Texas given the SWC tradition of the Cotton.

hard to know, this leaves the Holiday with no pac team or pac #3? does the big xii still have the same commitments to the holiday and alamo? because it looks like the alamo is the *new* holiday bowl.

I would bet that the Alamo is aiming for the Big XII #3. I can't see them making a play to pass up the Cotton. Too much TX tradition there, not to mention the New Year's Day timeslot (or day after NYD as I think it was last year...). Although Big XII 3/Pac 10 2 would basically just be moving the Holiday Bowl to San Antonio, and it wouldn't surprise me if the Pac 10 was partly hoping for a matchup of equal slots with the Big XII (#2 v #2, for example).

This also leaves the Big 11 one bowl slot down. I wonder if they might have any interest in the Holiday Bowl, maybe to replace the Pac 10?

I'd like to see the MWC #1 back in the Holiday Bowl (ala the old days of the WAC) against a #2 team from one of the BCS conferences. It would probably be a good game every year.

Of course they probably can't get a BCS#2 and don't want the MWC#1.

Bowls are cool, but playoffs are the real answer. Until then we are just speculating who's better than who.

The bowl system sucks... We need a playoff. Till then College Football, other than games CU is playing in, is stupid and pointless.

agreed..

And the Cotton isn't even going to be played at the Cotton Bowl anymore.. Its being played at the Taj Mahal of Jerry Jones..

Other than the Rose Bowl, all the other bowls mean nothing to me.. with the exception of championship game..

It would be so awesome to have a 32 team playoff.. Forget the 12 th game, play the 1st two rounds at the home fields and then move the rest to neutral sites.. You could have double headers at the Sugar Bowl (since its played on turf).. F the NCAA and the college Presidents.

I hope the college punters make a mess out of that 40 million dollar monstrosity hanging from Jerry's rafters. That would be sweet.

And the Cotton isn't even going to be played at the Cotton Bowl anymore.. Its being played at the Taj Mahal of Jerry Jones..

First the Orange Bowl moves to a newer stadium, now the Cotton Bowl. I guess it's only a matter of time before the RRSO moves out of the old Cotton Bowl. :sad1:

First the Orange Bowl moves to a newer stadium, now the Cotton Bowl. I guess it's only a matter of time before the RRSO moves out of the old Cotton Bowl. :sad1:
I saw the Cotton Bowl last year (Tech vs Ole Miss)....great venue and great game. It will be missed.

Jerry's House is pretty damn cool...no matter how much we despise the D-Bag, he has created an unbelievable venue.

I saw the Cotton Bowl last year (Tech vs Ole Miss)....great venue and great game. It will be missed.

Jerry's House is pretty damn cool...no matter how much we despise the D-Bag, he has created an unbelievable venue.

I went to the Cotton Bowl when CU played Oregon and I thought the stadium sucked but moving it sucks more.

I went to the Cotton Bowl when CU played Oregon and I thought the stadium sucked but moving it sucks more.

it was kind of a dump, but i think UT and OU pressured the CB and the City of Dallas to make improvements since the CU-UO Cotton Bowl.

Back