What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Bowls and D2 Championship game today 12/21

Apparently, there is a new ridiculous rule that I saw this at the beginning of the Fresno USC game. If you onside kick and it's a one bouncer, you have to let the other team attempt to catch it.

Apparently, there is a new ridiculous rule that I saw this at the beginning of the Fresno USC game. If you onside kick and it's a one bouncer, you have to let the other team attempt to catch it.

I didn't know about that one. Weird rule.

Also - USC better be careful or they could blow this game. Fresno State has a lot of firepower.

Then you clearly didn't watch the same game or are completely incapable of watching with any objectivity.

I'm guessing I'm a bit more objective than you are.

Might be a little harsh to say CSU didn't belong on the same field as Wazzu, I'll admit, but the Coogs managed to lead by double figures more than half the game, by more than seven for more than three quarters of the game. If Wazzu engages in even the most elementary clock management, they win by 8. And IIRC, most of the "overmatched" talk came when Wazzu had taken a 20+ point lead in the first half. I doubt even you could have really argued the point right then.

I watched the whole game. CSU didn't belong on the field with a marginal WSU team. The only way the game is within a score much less a sheep win is gross missmanagement by WSU.

Give me a break. Your nonsense is tired and old. 595 yards of total offense and 225 yards on the ground tell me all need to know about how "over matched" CSU was against the Cougars. I don't want to be an *****, but come on man, try to look at the game with some amount of objectivity.

Then you clearly didn't watch the same game or are completely incapable of watching with any objectivity.

For an unbiased fan (I don't like either team) WSU was the better team by far and the rams got very lucky with two turnovers in the last couple minutes. If you can't see that you are blind. WSU dominated that game.

HAHA! Give me a break. Your nonsense is tired and old. 595 yards of total offense and 225 yards on the ground tell me all need to know about how "over matched" CSU was against the Cougars. I don't want to be an *****, but come on man, try to look at the game with some amount of objectivity.

Congrats to the Rams for qualifying for a bowl, and then showing the moxie to come back and win it (although obviously Wazzu's closing strategy was atrocious in not killing the clock).

Nonetheless ... well done. Your success this year, at least relative to ours, will make it all the sweeter when we kick you asses next year.

I'm guessing I'm a bit more objective than you are.

Might be a little harsh to say CSU didn't belong on the same field as Wazzu, I'll admit, but the Coogs managed to lead by double figures more than half the game, by more than seven for more than three quarters of the game. If Wazzu engages in even the most elementary clock management, they win by 8. And IIRC, most of the "overmatched" talk came when Wazzu had taken a 20+ point lead in the first half. I doubt even you could have really argued the point right then.

Thats fair and I don't disagree with you. Leech really screwed up the end of that game, but that defense also had no answer for Bibbs pretty much the entire second half of that game. I just didn't see CSU as being physically over matched on the field. WSU's offense is going to score points. But they do that against everyone.

Give me a break. Your nonsense is tired and old. 595 yards of total offense and 225 yards on the ground tell me all need to know about how "over matched" CSU was against the Cougars. I don't want to be an *****, but come on man, try to look at the game with some amount of objectivity.

You're right. CSU belonged on that field. Wazzu should have put it away and out of reach or at least been able to close the door, but CSU played well on offense especially in terms of the OL winning the LOS.

And if you're being objective, I'm sure that if the uniforms had been reversed with the same exact result you'd be saying that your coach had blown that one in an epic way.

If not for a lack of clocik management at the end of the first half CSU goes into the locker room down 3 scores. Late in the fourth quarter CSU is down by 15 points.

WSU was passing the ball on CSU at will. Had WSU simply kneeled down on the ball at the end of either half and punted with less than 30 seconds left in each the game is over.

This was a case of a vastly surerior team figuring out how to give a game away. Simple

Guess who made it to the game.

BcC9pt3CEAA9aWA.jpg:large

You're right. CSU belonged on that field. Wazzu should have put it away and out of reach or at least been able to close the door, but CSU played well on offense especially in terms of the OL winning the LOS.

And if you're being objective, I'm sure that if the uniforms had been reversed with the same exact result you'd be saying that your coach had blown that one in an epic way.

Totally agree. Leech pissed that game away at the end, but kudos to Barrett making an amazing play when given the opportunity.

You're right. And if CU beats OSU tonight in round ball, I will be on the **** Bailer board ASAP to talk ****. Makes total sense in your world, right?

Last edited:
Is there really that little to do in Texas that 50,000 shown up for a high school game?

BcC9Ct8CIAAkoDn.jpg

Thats fair and I don't disagree with you. Leech really screwed up the end of that game, but that defense also had no answer for Bibbs pretty much the entire second half of that game. I just didn't see CSU as being physically over matched on the field. WSU's offense is going to score points. But they do that against everyone.

Not really. They were 9th in the Pac-12 in scoring offense this year.

If not for a lack of clocik management at the end of the first half CSU goes into the locker room down 3 scores. Late in the fourth quarter CSU is down by 15 points.

WSU was passing the ball on CSU at will. Had WSU simply kneeled down on the ball at the end of either half and punted with less than 30 seconds left in each the game is over.

This was a case of a vastly surerior team figuring out how to give a game away. Simple

Yes. Vastly superior team - who gave up nearly 600 yards of total offense. Give me a break. Complete and utter nonsense.

Not really. They were 9th in the Pac-12 in scoring offense this year.

Didn't realize that. Our defense has been pretty bad all year, but Buff fans probably know that better than anyone. CSU did figure out a way to make Woods look like a 1st round draft pick to start the year.

Yes. Vastly superior team - who gave up nearly 600 yards of total offense. Give me a break. Complete and utter nonsense.

That complete and utter nonsense was ahead 45-30 with 3:00 left in the game.

I do give credit to CSU for not giving up and for taking full advantage of WSU stupidity. CSU forced some late mistakes, WSU made more unforced mistakes, and CSU took advantage.

CSU rolled up a bunch of yardage but it didn't translate into anything close to a lead until WSU started throwing up all over themselves.

Didn't realize that. Our defense has been pretty bad all year, but Buff fans probably know that better than anyone. CSU did figure out a way to make Woods look like a 1st round draft pick to start the year.

Scoreboard

That complete and utter nonsense was ahead 45-30 with 3:00 left in the game.

I do give credit to CSU for not giving up and for taking full advantage of WSU stupidity. CSU forced some late mistakes, WSU made more unforced mistakes, and CSU took advantage.

CSU rolled up a bunch of yardage but it didn't translate into anything close to a lead until WSU started throwing up all over themselves.

WSU made more unforced mistakes? Did you actually watch the game? CSU played some of the most undisciplined football I have seen all year. That was not in any way shape or form a vastly superior football team.

This result also means that WSU finishes the season at 6-7 meaning that CSU still didn't beat a single team all season with a record over .500.

Also if I were a Cougar fan I wouldn't be all that excited about this bowl game. I seem to remember a certain fan base getting excited about going to a lower level bowl and looking forward to the future under a new second year coach.

Unfortunately that second year coach was named Hawkins and I was part of that fan base. We saw what happened in the following years.

CSU loses virtually their entire DL, all of their OL, and a bunch of other key players. This may very well be the high point for a while again.

WSU made more unforced mistakes? Did you actually watch the game? CSU played some of the most undisciplined football I have seen all year. That was not in any way shape or form a vastly superior football team.

Do they make Braile TVs in HD, your perspective is delusional, even for a sheep fan. How do you explain the last 3:00 minutes of the game. If it were a movie nobody would believe it.

You might be a little too close to this situation, Mtn.

While I find it odd that Csquared is here right now, he's historically been a good guy.

This result also means that WSU finishes the season at 6-7 meaning that CSU still didn't beat a single team all season with a record over .500.

Also if I were a Cougar fan I wouldn't be all that excited about this bowl game. I seem to remember a certain fan base getting excited about going to a lower level bowl and looking forward to the future under a new second year coach.

Unfortunately that second year coach was named Hawkins and I was part of that fan base. We saw what happened in the following years.

CSU loses virtually their entire DL, all of their OL, and a bunch of other key players. This may very well be the high point for a while again.

I know you desperately hope this is the high point. However, I am excited to see if Bibbs and Grayson can continue to improve and carry this team even further next year.

You might be a little too close to this situation, Mtn.

While I find it odd that Csquared is here right now, he's historically been a good guy.

Halliday set bowl records for passing in this one. For most of the game CSU couldn't stop them.

All the credit in the world to CSU for not quiting and for taking advantage of mulitple opportunities. A lot of teams would have looked at the scoreboard, looked at what had happened throughout the day, and given up. CSU didn't. That said the final score doesn't come close to reflecting the talent levels of the teams.

Do they make Braile TVs in HD, your perspective is delusional, even for a sheep fan. How do you explain the last 3:00 minutes of the game. If it were a movie nobody would believe it.

With 3:00 minutes to go CSU was driving down the field on a 9 play 72 yard drive that WSU couldn't stop and ended with a touchdown to pull within a score. Safe to say CSU was every bit as talented as WSU on the field.

Back