What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Bowls and D2 Championship game today 12/21

Thats fair and I don't disagree with you. Leech really screwed up the end of that game, but that defense also had no answer for Bibbs pretty much the entire second half of that game. I just didn't see CSU as being physically over matched on the field. WSU's offense is going to score points. But they do that against everyone.

I also got the impression from a few comments the announcers made about the fake punts and some trick plays CSU had in the playbook (like the statue of liberty) that McElwain had told them that they were going to have to pull out all the stops to win the game against a more talented team. They made reference two or three times to McElwain talking about "smoke and mirrors". So I can totally understand how it rubs you the wrong way that they said that (I would have been furious if it was my team), I think the announcers came by that opinion pretty honestly.

I also got the impression from a few comments the announcers made about the fake punts and some trick plays CSU had in the playbook (like the statue of liberty) that McElwain had told them that they were going to have to pull out all the stops to win the game against a more talented team. They made reference two or three times to McElwain talking about "smoke and mirrors". So I can totally understand how it rubs you the wrong way that they said that (I would have been furious if it was my team), I think the announcers came by that opinion pretty honestly.

And at half McElwain told the reporter that CSU was every bit as talented as WSU and that they were beating themselves. It wasn't smoke and mirrors that allowed Bibbs to run all over that team to the tune of 6.5 yards a carry.

And at half McElwain told the reporter that CSU was every bit as talented as WSU and that they were beating themselves. It wasn't smoke and mirrors that allowed Bibbs to run all over that team.

And there was far less of the "overmatched" talk after halftime, probably because CSU played much better defense in the second half.

Still, their comments did indicate that McElwain had told them that he was pulling out all the stops to try to match up with Wazzu. Perhaps he was a bit more candid in their meeting than in a televised halftime interview?

And at half McElwain told the reporter that CSU was every bit as talented as WSU and that they were beating themselves. It wasn't smoke and mirrors that allowed Bibbs to run all over that team to the tune of 6.5 yards a carry.

Congrats on the win. See you next September.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

And there was far less of the "overmatched" talk after halftime, probably because CSU played much better defense in the second half.

Still, their comments did indicate that McElwain had told them that he was pulling out all the stops to try to match up with Wazzu. Perhaps he was a bit more candid in their meeting than in a televised halftime interview?

Maybe he was more candid during his interview or maybe he realized after actually seeing that Wazzu team on the field he was mistaken?

Csquared,

What have you heard on Bibbs declaring for the draft this year? Not a scholar and his stock is about as high as it's going to get. Any word that he'll decide to get paid to take the hits?

Csquared,

What have you heard on Bibbs declaring for the draft this year? Not a scholar and his stock is about as high as it's going to get. Any word that he'll decide to get paid to take the hits?

Haven't heard one way or the other yet. Kid looks like he has a future at the next level, but if I had to guess I think he comes back for one more year.

I never thought I would see the day, but CSU has promised to do everything in its power to promote him as a serious Heisman candidate next season. Of course, CSU would have to have a truly unbelievable year for that to ever happen. I think he sticks and adds the 5-10 pounds he needs to this off season to be considered one of the top backs in the 2015 draft class.

I did not read the whole thread, so apologies if already mentioned. I just watched the game on DVR. The highlight? CSU's DC screaming at Halliday after the first TD.....he clearly calls Halliday a "****ing ***." Tons of class there....

Is there really that little to do in Texas that 50,000 shown up for a high school game?

BcC9Ct8CIAAkoDn.jpg

In the acronyms of BC -

ydtyhsfse

Coming on the heels of CSU players beating the hell out of that gay student, one has to wonder if there's a culture issue in that program.

The Rams winning a bowl game. Who would have thought? Do they look to have lots of returning starters back next year?

Haven't heard one way or the other yet. Kid looks like he has a future at the next level, but if I had to guess I think he comes back for one more year.

I never thought I would see the day, but CSU has promised to do everything in its power to promote him as a serious Heisman candidate next season. Of course, CSU would have to have a truly unbelievable year for that to ever happen. I think he sticks and adds the 5-10 pounds he needs to this off season to be considered one of the top backs in the 2015 draft class.

If I were Bibbs, i would be gone. He loses 4 redshirt seniors on the line. He did as well as he is capable of doing this year. Next year his numbers will drop off quite a bit. We will see as he would be a late round pick I would guess. Makes the decision very difficult.

http://deadspin.com/is-this-colorado-state-coach-calling-the-wsu-qb-a-fuc$-1487838727

change the "$" to K, then paste to browser.

Coming on the heels of CSU players beating the hell out of that gay student, one has to wonder if there's a culture issue in that program.

All of those kids were dismissed from the team and were guys brought in by Fairchild. I think the culture is as good as its been since I have been following the team. There was absolutely no accountability under the previous staff and the entire program was fragmented. It will be interesting to see if any action is taken against the assistant coach.

For two programs facing each other for the first time, their seemed to be a lot of animosity on the field. It makes me wonder if there were some things said in the days leading up to the game.

Last edited:
The Rams winning a bowl game. Who would have thought? Do they look to have lots of returning starters back next year?

Skill players are mostly back, including Grayson and Bibbs. The O Line graduates 4 of the 5 starters and will be the focus of the off season. Barrett graduates on defense and will be hard to replace.

Skill players are mostly back, including Grayson and Bibbs. The O Line graduates 4 of the 5 starters and will be the focus of the off season. Barrett graduates on defense and will be hard to replace.

Your offense will all depend on OL, if they gel quick, your offense will be damn good. Your defense is as bad as cu's.

Your offense will all depend on OL, if they gel quick, your offense will be damn good. Your defense is as bad as cu's.

O Line will be young in spots. If I had to guess CSU is probably looking at the following starters :

LT - Sambrilo - 6'6 310 - RSR
LG - Meyers - 6'3 300 - RSR
C - Zerblis - 6'3 300 RSO
RG - O'Conner - 6'3 305 - RSO
RT - Nowland - 6'6 310 - RFR

A lot depends on O'Conner - the former Windsor kid and Ohio State recruit. If he can step in a play at a high level the line could come together fairly quickly. If his knee is still an issue who knows.

The defense needs play makers plain and simple. I don't see those kids on next year's roster right now.

In fairness to CSU they did commit some costly mistakes early on to put them in the big hole - the fumble early on, the bumbled kickoff, the holding penalty which cost them a first down, the blocked punt, then another interception when it was 21-13.

Back