What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Boyle - Buffs not good at anything except getting to the line. Love this....

93Buff

“We’re good at getting to the free throw line; we do that very well. Outside of that, we don’t do anything well – right now, today.”
Want him to elaborate? Of course you do, and he did.
“We’re not good in half-court offense, defense, transition, screening, running, rebounding, boxing out . . . I could just keep going,”

---trying to knock them down a bit to get them to work harder.

“We’re good at getting to the free throw line; we do that very well. Outside of that, we don’t do anything well – right now, today.”
Want him to elaborate? Of course you do, and he did.
“We’re not good in half-court offense, defense, transition, screening, running, rebounding, boxing out . . . I could just keep going,”

---trying to knock them down a bit to get them to work harder.

I like it - where was that from? I think that is a great attitude from the staff. (I will wear my poopy pants until you give me a reason to change them!).

I really believe Tad knows his players see everything that is said in the media. He is trying to light a fire.

Reading the entire article....I get the feeling Boyle is worried about this team's intrinsic motivation and I don't know whether he is the kind of coach who will go Bobby Knight (minus the choking) on them for a while to try and get them started.

Tad is being the bad guy. hope he gets through to them without too many wake up calls.

Is Dinwiddie getting a big head? If he isn't ready to get to business and run this team, they could really struggle. As he goes, so will the team. We need him to step up as a leader. Jelly seems like he could lead, but won't be THE leader for another year.

C'mon guys! Give me some sort of CU success this year! I'm expecting to watch us in March Madness every damn year!!

Is Dinwiddie getting a big head? If he isn't ready to get to business and run this team, they could really struggle. As he goes, so will the team. We need him to step up as a leader. Jelly seems like he could lead, but won't be THE leader for another year.

C'mon guys! Give me some sort of CU success this year! I'm expecting to watch us in March Madness every damn year!!
No. Spencer is extremely confident, but he always has. Tad is trying to combat the media and fan hype.

Oh they will dance, don't worry. It would take a disastrous season for us to miss it. The early season could be rough sledding, but I think Tad will get them going.

You wouldn't expect Boyle to say anything else...most coaches not named John Calipari are pretty down on their teams in the media early

The Mayor does not lack for confidence. :lol:

That's how he's built, though. It doesn't get in the way of him working his ass off. Plus he has earned it. I hope the young guys understand that it's ok to be as confident as Mayor... but only after you've done something at this level.

Reading the entire article....I get the feeling Boyle is worried about this team's intrinsic motivation and I don't know whether he is the kind of coach who will go Bobby Knight (minus the choking) on them for a while to try and get them started.

Would using soiled toilet paper as a motivational tool be okay? :huh:

•On the eve of the NCAA Tournament, CNN/SI releases a report in which former players Neil Reed and Richard Mandeville accuse Knight of choking Reed during a practice in 1997. Other accusations include Knight's use of soiled toilet paper as a motivational device during halftime of one game, and of throwing Indiana president Myles Brand out of practice. A videotape is later released showing Knight choking Reed for 2.3 seconds. Former assistant Ron Felling is accused of leaking the footage.

Back