What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Boyle family makes big commitment to staying long-term in Boulder

I just renovated a house and put in white cabinets.
:doh: Actually, my house has the 90's golden oak cabinets. I refaced the kitchen with cherry. They look great. But the bathrooms still have the yucky golden oak. I was thinking just this morning about painting them white. Now I guess I can't because that would look gosh.

:doh: Actually, my house has the 90's golden oak cabinets. I refaced the kitchen with cherry. They look great. But the bathrooms still have the yucky golden oak. I was thinking just this morning about painting them white. Now I guess I can't because that would look gosh.

I've heard of contemporary or gothic even retro but never gosh what kind of style is that?

are you married? I lived in a nice 3 bedroom house, my wife wanted a different 3 bedroom house that costs twice as much. Guess where we live now.
No I'm not married, I'm just giving my 2 cents here. How long did you live in the nice, 3 bedroom house? Did you make more additions to your family from the time you bought that to the next house? Did your wife want to move because your new house was in a better school district? I already thought before this Tad would be here for a long-time coming, this just reinforces it. He could sell in two years and buy a bigger house for all I know when CU has to raise his salary.

Who knows, maybe his wife will hate this house and they'll move again. My mom was very uncomfortable in a car my parents bought maybe 15 years ago? She test-drived it and everything, didn't have a problem through the process. It happens. I like to think with a $3 million house they thought long-and-hard. The more $ you spend, the more likely to do it.Yes, Tad is rich, still a big investment however.

Well, if KU came calling, they'd agree to buy the house as part of the buyout I'd speculate (if the market wasn't conducive to a quick sale).

I resisted posting the news last month of the public record of Tad selling his Niwot home, fearing a melt down. Our little town of Niwot is going to miss him and the Boyle fam.

No I'm not married, I'm just giving my 2 cents here. How long did you live in the nice, 3 bedroom house? Did you make more additions to your family from the time you bought that to the next house? Did your wife want to move because your new house was in a better school district? I already thought before this Tad would be here for a long-time coming, this just reinforces it. He could sell in two years and buy a bigger house for all I know when CU has to raise his salary.

Who knows, maybe his wife will hate this house and they'll move again. My mom was very uncomfortable in a car my parents bought maybe 15 years ago? She test-drived it and everything, didn't have a problem through the process. It happens. I like to think with a $3 million house they thought long-and-hard. The more $ you spend, the more likely to do it.Yes, Tad is rich, still a big investment however.

So, if Texas comes calling after they fire Barnes at the end of the year and they offer to double the salary he's making at CU, you're thinking that they're going to decline because they have this new house in Boulder to think of? There may be plenty of reasons for him to decline that job offer, but having just bought a house that might be difficult to move at the price paid is not going to be real high on that list.

Well, if KU came calling, they'd agree to buy the house as part of the buyout I'd speculate (if the market wasn't conducive to a quick sale).

I resisted posting the news last month of the public record of Tad selling his Niwot home, fearing a melt down. Our little town of Niwot is going to miss him and the Boyle fam.
If Tad is going to KU, I think we're doing even better than we're doing now. So sort of a good problem to have. KU is arguably a top 5 cbb job along with Duke, UNC, UCLA, and Kentucky.

So, if Texas comes calling after they fire Barnes at the end of the year and they offer to double the salary he's making at CU, you're thinking that they're going to decline because they have this new house in Boulder to think of? There may be plenty of reasons for him to decline that job offer, but having just bought a house that might be difficult to move at the price paid is not going to be real high on that list.
He's turned down more money from other programs than CU. No he wouldn't decline solely because of the house they bought. What I said was this reinforces, Tad's commitment to CU IMO. If he was angling for another job, I don't think he would've bought this house now. I think Kansas is the only job he'd leave CU for at this point. I truly believe this is a dream job for him. Only way I see him leaving for another job other than KU (or a pro or truly elite college job -- I don't consider Texas in that category right now) is if he doesn't feel the administration is being supportive of CU basketball.

So, this has turned in to the annual "Will Tad stay or go" thread? My two cents is that he loves Colorado, loves Boulder, wants to raise his kids here and is not going anywhere anytime soon. Maybe someday he'd give the NBA a shot, who knows? But I think he is a Buff for a good long time. I do not think excessive amounts of money are that big of a deal to him compared to quality of life and love for a program that he built, basically, from scratch.

Last edited:
So, this has turned in to the annual "Will Tad stay or go" thread? My two cents is that he loves Colorado, loves Boulder, wants to raise his kids here and is not going anywhere anytime soon. Maybe someday he'd give the NBA a shot, who knows? But I think he is a Buff for a good long time. I do not think excessive amounts of money are that big of a deal to him compared to quality of life and love for a program that he built, basically, from scratch.

This. Kansas wont be "his" program, ever. CU already is his.

He's turned down more money from other programs than CU. No he wouldn't decline solely because of the house they bought. What I said was this reinforces, Tad's commitment to CU IMO. If he was angling for another job, I don't think he would've bought this house now. I think Kansas is the only job he'd leave CU for at this point. I truly believe this is a dream job for him. Only way I see him leaving for another job other than KU (or a pro or truly elite college job -- I don't consider Texas in that category right now) is if he doesn't feel the administration is being supportive of CU basketball.

I don't see it like that. I see it as he makes way more money and now gets a badass house.

What's with the paranoia? KU needs to have an opening first.

And CU needs to become a top 25 regular with a few deep tournament runs. I know it's hard to comprehend, but everyone isn't overly wowed with double-digit seeds and first weekend exits. Bill Self had two Elite Eights and a Sweet 16 in his run up to getting the job (and never lost in the first round in 5 appearances).

And CU needs to become a top 25 regular with a few deep tournament runs. I know it's hard to comprehend, but everyone isn't overly wowed with double-digit seeds and first weekend exits. Bill Self had two Elite Eights and a Sweet 16 in his run up to getting the job (and never lost in the first round in 5 appearances).
He'd be a fallback candidate at best right now. Fans tend to overvalue their own, no different in this case.

Didn't Bzdelik stay put from where he lived while he was at Air Force?

I don't recall, but that would make sense. iirc, there was a family member with health issues that was driving his decisions to stay in-state from the Nuggets to AFA to CU.

I don't recall, but that would make sense. iirc, there was a family member with health issues that was driving his decisions to stay in-state from the Nuggets to AFA to CU.
The same family issue is part of the reason he went to Wake IIRC as well. He was offered double the amount to go to Arkansas I believe. The good thing about a coach who doesn't care much about money is you can usually retain them, however when they are set on something, there's nothing you can do to change their mind. I'm happy Bzdelik left as it turned out, but I don't think there was much CU could do to keep him.

Last edited:
Back