What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Boyle's CU Buffs will go big this year

RSSBot

News Junkie
By Ryan Thorburn Camera Sports Writer

Tad Boyle can starting thinking big. Shane Harris-Tunks, Colorado's 6-11 center, practiced on Monday after missing some time with a strained quadriceps. The redshirt sophomore's surgically repaired knee, which caused him to miss the entire 2010-11 season, is no longer an issue.

Originally posted by Daily Camera
Click here to view the article.

Great to hear the initial plan is to redshirt Mills. Plus to this coaching staff, but if SHT can't stay healthy that might not remain on option.

Great to hear the initial plan is to redshirt Mills. Plus to this coaching staff, but if SHT can't stay healthy that might not remain on option.

Shane Harris-Tunks, Colorado's 6-11 center, practiced on Monday after missing some time with a strained quadriceps. The redshirt sophomore's surgically repaired knee, which caused him to miss the entire 2010-11 season, is no longer an issue.
"I can't wait for our first game. It's been a long time and it's good to be out here practicing again," Harris-Tunks said. "I feel confident. I've been playing pick-up games since May. My knee feels really strong."

:nod: This is fantastic news. I was pretty worried when reports said he missed the first practice cause he was icing his knee. Now it turns out his knee is not giving him any problems at all? Allsome! :dance4:

and in response to mills...
Ben Mills, a fan favorite last winter during his brief appearances on the court at the Coors Events Center, has added more than 20 pounds to his lanky 7-foot frame since first arriving in Boulder.
That is good progress. 20 more pounds and he will be dangerous :nod:

Last edited:
:nod: This is fantastic news. I was pretty worried when reports said he missed the first practice cause he was icing his knee. Now it turns out his knee is not giving him any problems at all? Allsome! :dance4:

and in response to mills... That is good progress. 20 more pounds and he will be dangerous :nod:

20 more? on his frame?

CU lists him at 220 which is probably generous, I'd assume he's around 210 given that, would be nice to see him up 40 lbs at 250+/-

On the upside Dre's listed weight has gone from 195 to 210lbs.

i'mma push for the distinction for "having healthy big men maybe for once in the last half decade" than that CU might be able to "go big". as in some Morriss twins or Sasha Kaun/Wayne Simien type lineup. Lonny Baxter/Chris Wilcox on your blocks. big in today's game ain't just being tall.

what a diffference a Julius Ashby type player could have made for us last two years or the Roby/Hall senior year (with BZ letting those guys create off the dribble, as well).

Last edited:
Not going to say these guys look good or big until they look good or big against actual competition. All relative. Too many times we look at football spring game and say everyone looks good to find out it is only because they are going against each other. I do believe the basketball team has more realistic positive expectations, but I don't want to disappoint myself.

Back