What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Brady Hoke is an idiot

LOL @ Harbaugh leaving the Niners and the NFL. People are delusional sometimes. If he wins at the Niners maybe he'll leave. But why on Earth would you step down to take a college job? There might be something with Miles, but then again bcs thought he was coming here after Hawk (or was it Embree?). :lol: :stupid:

Oreg. State's Mike Reilly would also disagree strongly. There's only so much you can spend a million dollars on and is it worth the aggravation having to regularly contend with prima donnas, who are also thugs, who can't be disciplined since they're both under contract for far more than the coach is and have a union protecting them.

****canned. You aren't really good at this.

No, you aren't very good at it. Every coach in the NFL stands to lose his job, ala Shanny (two Super Bowl wins) Lovie Smith, Andy Reid, Bill Bellichek or anybody else who doesn't WIN NOW, at any cost.

Being fired by an NFL franchise is no badge of dishonor as you wrongly try make it out to be.

That program is such a ****show right now. CU could win by a couple scores in Ann Arbor. That's how bad that Michigan team is. I expect Jim Harbaugh to be their coach next season, although his stock could drop some this year.

Funny how things work out. Lots of us wanted Hoke, coming from SDSU. Lots were underwhelmed with MM coming from SJSU. Hoke will fired within weeks and MM looks like he is started to develop some kids and a team that fights hard.

Saw the series including the hit on Shane Morris. He shouldn't have been tehre even before the hit. His knee was already injured and he couldn't step into his throws or move in the pocket. Hoke was already risking severe injury to the kid.

After the head to head hit, Hoke let him run one play and in the huddle the QB could hardly stand. Finally Hoke puts in back-up QB. Back up QB's helmet comes off so he has to sit out a play. Instead of calling for the 3rd string QB, who had his helmet and was ready to go, he called Morris back in. It was a handoff and then he left the field again. If the QB had gotten hit again, there could have been some really severe consequences. Hoke is lucky the kid didn't get hit again and potentially die out there.

That roadie in Michigan is looking more and more winnable.

My dad is a Michigan alum, and after that was scheduled I told him that we were going to beat them in the big house again. I thought it would be because we would be so much better by then, but this will work too.

Last edited:
Anyone catch the last parts of the Michigan v Minnesota game and Hoke's incredibly irresponsible handling of his QB? Inexcusable. Not sure how Hoke can convince anyone he's committed to player safety now. Before I saw this I thought he might last the rest of the season, now I'm not sure he lasts another week.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/fireable-offense-brady-hoke-140727469.html?.tsrc=mtk

Hoke is the epitome of the type of meathead old-fashioned (and not the good parts of old-fashioned) coach that I despise.

pump the brakes on calling this a win. CU still has work to do and um can turn around really quick with the right coach, they will/always have the athletes

Things are going from bad to worse at Michigan

At 12:52 a.m. Tuesday, Athletic Director Dave Brandon released a statement addressing the football program's "serious lack of communication" that resulted in Shane Morris staying in Saturday's game after suffering a helmet-to-helmet hit.

The release states that Morris was diagnosed with a "probable, mild concussion." Monday, coach Brady Hoke stated, "We would never, ever, if we thought a guy had a concussion, keep him in the game."
As of Monday afternoon's press conference, Hoke did not believe Morris had suffered a head injury. The fourth-year coach said Morris "would have practiced (Sunday) if not for a high ankle sprain."

https://www.michigandaily.com/sport...-regarding-student-athlete-health-and-welfare

At 12:52 a.m. Tuesday, Athletic Director Dave Brandon released a statement addressing the football program's "serious lack of communication" that resulted in Shane Morris staying in Saturday's game after suffering a helmet-to-helmet hit.

The release states that Morris was diagnosed with a "probable, mild concussion." Monday, coach Brady Hoke stated, "We would never, ever, if we thought a guy had a concussion, keep him in the game."
As of Monday afternoon's press conference, Hoke did not believe Morris had suffered a head injury. The fourth-year coach said Morris "would have practiced (Sunday) if not for a high ankle sprain."
"I bet if we do the news release at 1:00 am, no one will actually notice it"

Hoke is a goner. Let's just hope that whoever they come up with is equally inept. I'd hate to see what a competent coach could do there.

Hoke is a goner. Let's just hope that whoever they come up with is equally inept. I'd hate to see what a competent coach could do there.

I see a misspelling. Also, I think this belongs in "My Dixie Wrecked" thread.

[tweet]516984747265118208[/tweet]
[tweet]516984333866135552[/tweet]
[tweet]516984590612070400[/tweet]

guy doesn't get it.

Fascinating to see a guy go from one of the darlings of all of college football to a complete disaster in such a short time. Brady Hoke was THE guy when he was hired. Turns out he was little more than Dan Hawkins redux.

I think a lot of us had Hoke right near the top of our CU wish list. Shows what we know. :lol:

I think a lot of us had Hoke right near the top of our CU wish list. Shows what we know. :lol:

Butch Jones and Charlie Strong too.

It will be interesting to see how those both play out. Early indications are not overly positive.

Anyone catch the last parts of the Michigan v Minnesota game and Hoke's incredibly irresponsible handling of his QB? Inexcusable. Not sure how Hoke can convince anyone he's committed to player safety now. Before I saw this I thought he might last the rest of the season, now I'm not sure he lasts another week.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/fireable-offense-brady-hoke-140727469.html?.tsrc=mtk

I agree that no coach should let a player back on the field who has suffered concussion symptoms. My honest question is: isn't there a somebody, or group of people, or position coach, whose job it is to monitor the quarterback after a hit like that? I can't assume that Hoke saw the hit from where he stood, or the same angle of the replay we've all seen with the slumping, shuffling walk of Shane Morris ... but shouldn't the QB coach, or the trainers or medical staff be the ones who are on the lookout for that? Shouldn't someone have taken Shane Morris' helmet away and taken him into the locker room for evaluation?

I'm all for throwing Michigan head coaches under the bus, but seems like it's reasonable to assume there were quite a few people who were not doing their jobs. It's not the head coach's job to medically evaluate every player; not even the quarterback. He doesn't have the expertise to do that, shy of recognizing a compound fracture ain't ideal running for the endzone. He has to depend on the specially trained guys he's hired to tell him who is ready to play and who cannot.

Brady Hoke is Michigan's Jon Embree.

He just had better talent so the dumpster fire took a while to get going.

I agree that no coach should let a player back on the field who has suffered concussion symptoms. My honest question is: isn't there a somebody, or group of people, or position coach, whose job it is to monitor the quarterback after a hit like that? I can't assume that Hoke saw the hit from where he stood, or the same angle of the replay we've all seen with the slumping, shuffling walk of Shane Morris ... but shouldn't the QB coach, or the trainers or medical staff be the ones who are on the lookout for that? Shouldn't someone have taken Shane Morris' helmet away and taken him into the locker room for evaluation?

I'm all for throwing Michigan head coaches under the bus, but seems like it's reasonable to assume there were quite a few people who were not doing their jobs. It's not the head coach's job to medically evaluate every player; not even the quarterback. He doesn't have the expertise to do that, shy of recognizing a compound fracture ain't ideal running for the endzone. He has to depend on the specially trained guys he's hired to tell him who is ready to play and who cannot.
It's his organization, so if his organization is that incompetent, it's still his fault. Although the extremely high level of incompetency required for this result suggests the system was given orders.

It's his organization, so if his organization is that incompetent, it's still his fault. Although the extremely high level of incompetency required for this result suggests the system was given orders.

of course the buck should stop with Brady Hoke, I'm just curious how many people seem to think the head coach saw the hit and walk to the sideline from the same angle we did, and knowingly sent a concussed player back on the field.

Someone (a trainer, or medically trained staff member) should have pulled the kid's helmet and had him in the locker room getting tested. It should have never been Hoke's decision to make in this case. At the least, the QB coach should have made that call.

Fascinating to see a guy go from one of the darlings of all of college football to a complete disaster in such a short time. Brady Hoke was THE guy when he was hired. Turns out he was little more than Dan Hawkins redux.
It's fascinating when it's not happening to CU (twice).

Regardless of whether he personally saw the hit and the near fall-down, I don't think it can be argued that Hoke has created a certain cultural attitude toward player injuries. He was playing Morris despite a high ankle sprain in a 7-30 game... a situation where Minnesota is going to be pinning their ears back and Morris isn't physically able to protect himself. He had no issues playing Devin Gardner after he broke his foot in the 3rd quarter of the Ohio State game... and then Gardner missed the bowl game and hasn't been the same since.

Someone (multiple someones, actually) on the coaching and training staff saw that. At the very least, someone is in the coaches box watching things and saw it. But there is a culture under Hoke of expecting players to keep going through serious injury.

Brady Hoke doesn't wear a headset either fwiw, which can lead to things like this happening.

Back