What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Brady Hoke is an idiot

Regardless of whether he personally saw the hit and the near fall-down, I don't think it can be argued that Hoke has created a certain cultural attitude toward player injuries. He was playing Morris despite a high ankle sprain in a 7-30 game... a situation where Minnesota is going to be pinning their ears back and Morris isn't physically able to protect himself. He had no issues playing Devin Gardner after he broke his foot in the 3rd quarter of the Ohio State game... and then Gardner missed the bowl game and hasn't been the same since.

Someone (multiple someones, actually) on the coaching and training staff saw that. At the very least, someone is in the coaches box watching things and saw it. But there is a culture under Hoke of expecting players to keep going through serious injury.

He's had other issues with injured players before he got to Michigan.

http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2014/9/29/6863037/brady-hoke-michigan-coach-player-injury

As Ball State's coach in 2004, Hoke was reprimanded by his athletic director after a player was frostbitten during a "disciplinary workout in subzero temperatures," according to an Associated Press article at the time

Chris Jackson, a redshirt freshman wide receiver, suffered frostbite to "several fingers" during a 40-minute, 6 a.m. workout on January 31 of that year. Jackson and teammates carried a 25-pound sandbag up and down Scheumann Stadium, athletic director Bubba Cunningham told the AP. Associate professor of geography David Arnold told the AP the temperature at the start of the workout was -7 degrees Fahrenheit, with a wind chill of -12 degrees.

Butch Jones and Charlie Strong too.

It will be interesting to see how those both play out. Early indications are not overly positive.

I think Charlie Strong is a very bad fit in Austin. That said, I think he'd be terrific here. I'd still take him if he were available and we had an opening. My guess is that he'll get run out of Austin and he'll end up somewhere like Indiana or Pitt and will do very well. Eventually, he'll get another shot at a big time program. UT was not a good choice for him.

I think Charlie Strong is a very bad fit in Austin. That said, I think he'd be terrific here. I'd still take him if he were available and we had an opening. My guess is that he'll get run out of Austin and he'll end up somewhere like Indiana or Pitt and will do very well. Eventually, he'll get another shot at a big time program. UT was not a good choice for him.
Growing up in Austin, I will totally agree. When he was announced as the successor I thought immediate FAIL. He is not a cultural fit with the donors and graduates of ut + the local high school coaches are a tough crowd and not very accepting of outsiders = FACT

Growing up in Austin, I will totally agree. When he was announced as the successor I thought immediate FAIL. He is not a cultural fit with the donors and graduates of ut + the local high school coaches are a tough crowd and not very accepting of outsiders = FACT

I still expect that Art Briles will be the next head football coach at UT.

I still expect that Art Briles will be the next head football coach at UT.

Dunno, Briles is already 60 isn't he? Bevo would need to have an awfully quick hook with Strong. Doing so they would likely run into the same...umm...perception that was raised when we fired Embree, and while UT isn't good they certainly aren't at the epic level of suck we were.

Charlie Strong hired Shawn Watson.

I think Charlie Strong = Will Muschamp. Both are excellent defensive coordinators with the highest level cred you can get. But being a head coach is a different job. And I don't think either guy makes for a good head coach.

The stuff surrounding hoke kind of reminds me of when Barnett got fired. If they want to get rid of him for not winning, do it. No need to create a side show.

Back