What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Braxton Miller out for season?

Preseason, OSU with Miller was borderline playoff material, as they are in the B1G and have a pretty easy schedule. I don't see any chance this team makes the playoffs. Michigan State or Wisconsin (easy schedule) has the best chance.

Borderline with Miller? They were going to be very, very good this year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To be a little more precise being borderline playoff material in college football means you are pretty good since only the top four go to the playoffs, it isn't like the NHL or NBA where almost half the teams go and were sub.500 teams are in contention.

Being borderline in the college game would assume that you are at least in the top 6-7 teams.

I'll take borderline for the Buffs in an instant.

To be a little more precise being borderline playoff material in college football means you are pretty good since only the top four go to the playoffs, it isn't like the NHL or NBA where almost half the teams go and were sub.500 teams are in contention.

Being borderline in the college game would assume that you are at least in the top 6-7 teams.

I'll take borderline for the Buffs in an instant.

I know, but I think they were a top 4 team this year if Miller was able to play. I don't think they'd win it but with the B1G being weaker they would have run the table and gotten a spot.

There are serious questions about Ohio State's defense. Take away a dynamic QB that allowed them to outscore just about anyone and I think they're in big trouble this year.

Agreed. But with Miller there was still some discussion on whether OSU would make it to the 4-game playoff because of the relative ease of their schedule. What I've been hearing is the play off will be FSU, the SEC and PAC 12 champs, leaving the 4th position very competitive. An undefeated Big 12 champ or even a 2 loss SEC or PAC12 team may get the nod over a 1 loss B1G team for the 4th spot.

Now with Miller gone, I don't see anyway this team goes with fewer than 2 losses, my guess is 3. Of course, I've had my money on MSU in the B1G anyway.

Agreed. But with Miller there was still some discussion on whether OSU would make it to the 4-game playoff because of the relative ease of their schedule. What I've been hearing is the play off will be FSU, the SEC and PAC 12 champs, leaving the 4th position very competitive. An undefeated Big 12 champ or even a 2 loss SEC or PAC12 team may get the nod over a 1 loss B1G team for the 4th spot.

Now with Miller gone, I don't see anyway this team goes with fewer than 2 losses, my guess is 3. Of course, I've had my money on MSU in the B1G anyway.
Agree on the SOS, the B1G is just not a good conference outside of MSU and OSU. I see the four teams this year being a combination of these (in no real order) if Miller was healthy

1. Pac 12 - Stanford
2. ACC - FSU
3. SEC - Winner of the IB
4. B1G - Winner of MSU/OSU

Now I think it'll be...

1. Pac 12 - Stanford
2. ACC - FSU
4. B1G - MSU

OU could be subsituted for MSU. I don't think the SEC gets more than one this year since the two best teams are likely Auburn and Bama and those two play late in the season so the loser likely won't be able to recover from a loss and make it in.

Agree on the SOS, the B1G is just not a good conference outside of MSU and OSU. I see the four teams this year being a combination of these (in no real order) if Miller was healthy

1. Pac 12 - Stanford
2. ACC - FSU
4. B1G - Winner of MSU/OSU

Now I think it'll be...

1. Pac 12 - Stanford
2. ACC - FSU
4. B1G - MSU

OU could be subsituted for MSU. I don't think the SEC gets more than one this year since the two best teams are likely Auburn and Bama and those two play late in the season so the loser likely won't be able to recover from a loss and make it in.
A playoff prediction thread would probably be a good idea.

Here's mine. Not preseason favorites, but there are always upsets etc. No one predicted Auburn/Missouri in the SEC Championship game last year.

Stanford
FSU
Alabama
Baylor

Pretty unsubstantiated as far as rumors go. But reddit's cfb forum thinks it's credible.

[tweet]537369365239595008[/tweet]

Does he know he could come to CU? Might have a shot at the spot if he does. Haha.

They are winning with the new guy. Osu can avoid a qb controversy with him leaving.

Sigh. The rich get richer.

:lol: You're right! It makes complete sense since you just said that. haha

Mariota is ging to be gone. His backup hasn't taken the world by storm.

The offense is a perfect fit for Miller's skilll set. Does make a lot of sense for him to consider going someplace that would make him look good and surround him with talent.

Back