What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Breakfast with Mike Bohn tomorrow in the OC...

As referenced in another thread, the Alumni Assn needs to get better at involving the younger alumni. Should be easier in the Pac-12 than it was in the Big XII. Now, I'm in the silver-haired old **** column these days, but an organized tailgate at away games for people who don't want to shell out $30-$50 for a rubber hotdog and a flat beer should be considered.

Being a 27 year old alum, I totally agree with boulder77. Having moved to FLA right after graduation, I can only make it to one big away game a year. I've gone to Miami, Athens, Jacksonville, Austin, etc and have found the alumni association pre-game events to be a major disappointment. I think I speak for many alums my age (hell, even those not my age) that when I spend $ to go to an away game, I want to see & experience the game day environment and traditions but I've always found that the alumni association pre-games/tailgates are far away somewhere isolated from everything else fun going on, boring inside and far too expensive for what you get.

As a result, my buddies and I have instead tailgated with Georgia fans in Athens (I thought they were great fans, btw) and in Austin last year, we tailgated among the UT fans but held down our area with at least 50-60 younger CU alumnus (all of whom feel the same way about our alumni association gatherings). If the alumni association can find a way to connect with us, it would be a major accomplishment in connecting more alums, adding diversity to the current alumni gatherings and gettin that $...or that's my opinion anyhow.

Last edited:
CU alumni assoc is having a big California tour this week all throughout the Golden Smog state. Tomorrow our fearless AD makes an appearance at the OCCU alumni breakfast shindig in Anaheim.

Do I dare mention how much teh suck Invesco Game is and how it makes baby Ralphie cry to play in that Orwellian sh*thole of Denver rather than in beautiful Boulder every other year for the Sheep game? I'm sooooooooooo namedropping Allbuffs (except Jimmy that dink) and getting reaction on my gopro HD camera. Any other questions from the audience for tomorrow?

Poll forecoming :lol:

Report? Breakfast should have been over hours ago, get with it Pezman!:smile2:

FWIW...in the state of colorado, I get an email from the young alumni association for something almost every week....whether that be CU watch parties, tailgates, Rockies/Nuggets game functions, happy hours etc.

I also bought season tix right after I graduated and hope to be standing on the field from future AD hopefully 50-60 years from now having been a featured donor/alumnus/season ticket holder for 70+ years....maybe I'm an aberation, but I really didn't need a reason/inspiration to want to contribute as I felt the 4 years I received from CU were all that anyone could ever ask for

Pezman, I haven't had my dick teased like this since high school. Give up the goods already! :lol:

Back