What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Brent Burnette

If Burnette is our starter, we have problems. Hansen and Hirschman, by virtue of being here for a while, should be light years ahead of either of the incoming guys. I really get the sense that Burnette was brought in for depth and to seal a gap in recruiting classes.

We do have problems at the QB position. Until someone steps up and gets it done I think the position is wide open. I am not sure that being here awhile is going to be that big of an advantage because of the new coaches and new offense. The terminology and play book will be different as well as the QB reads. I think that will level the playing field. I do think Hansen should have the early advantage but I think that Burnette will be ahead of Hirschman due to the fact that he has taken snaps in college games.

Burnette has played D-1 ball on a winning team. Hirschman has no experience at all. I'd say TH is the leader going in....but sounds like Burnette does what the coaches want to do. I like the Burnette pickup. Wouldn't be surprised to see him push TH. Now, it may be the case that both are middling BCS level QB's but someone has to start. one may step up in the new system and elevate the team. But, we don't know if Burnette is Nick Nelson or Josh Heupel....or someone like Pesavento who was good enough to do what needed to be done.

I understand the BB moved on from MTS because he wasnt going to unseat the starter, and they brought in a JC guy that he wouldnt beat out, either. I hope I am proven wrong, but this somehow doesnt feel like CU football pre-DH. Why are we taking cast-offs from Sunbelt teams?

I understand the BB moved on from MTS because he wasnt going to unseat the starter, and they brought in a JC guy that he wouldnt beat out, either. I hope I am proven wrong, but this somehow doesnt feel like CU football pre-DH. Why are we taking cast-offs from Sunbelt teams?

You can blame this directly on Hawkins. He completely ****ed up the QB recruiting. There is no reason you should ever have a situation where you have two returning scholarship QBs. I have no idea if Burnette will do anything here, but we needed a body there and the new staff was put behind the eight ball with their late start. Quarterbacks (at least the really good ones) commit very early on.

No doubt we need to get a blue chip in the next class. Our depth chart scares no one.

You can blame this directly on Hawkins. He completely ****ed up the QB recruiting. There is no reason you should ever have a situation where you have two returning scholarship QBs. I have no idea if Burnette will do anything here, but we needed a body there and the new staff was put behind the eight ball with their late start. Quarterbacks (at least the really good ones) commit very early on.

No doubt we need to get a blue chip in the next class. Our depth chart scares no one.

Exactly. I think Mick and Boulder are dead on: we might have depth issues at qb but Burnette has D1 experience. Even if it's in the Sunbelt, that's light years from hs. BB was brought in to compete for, not necessarily win the starting spot, to push H and H and be a legit back-up, should we need him. If he wins the starting spot, so much the better.

Exactly. I think Mick and Boulder are dead on: we might have depth issues at qb but Burnette has D1 experience. Even if it's in the Sunbelt, that's light years from hs. BB was brought in to compete for, not necessarily win the starting spot, to push H and H and be a legit back-up, should we need him. If he wins the starting spot, so much the better.

Agree with everything except this. If he wins the starting job, we're screwed.

Agree with everything except this. If he wins the starting job, we're screwed.

Yeah, you're right. What I meant to say was if he wins the starting job, leads CU to a PAC12 championship and wins the Heisman... so much the better.

Back