What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Brick Wall of Victories

Adding a brick for a win ove Hawaii just shows how far we have fallen. If barnett came and said a win over would be a bug win and a sign of RTD he would be laughed at.

It's just a symbol of breaking the road curse.

We have to start out big, IMO. I hope they...er, I believe they can pull it off.

Adding a brick for a win ove Hawaii just shows how far we have fallen. If barnett came and said a win over would be a bug win and a sign of RTD he would be laughed at.

He defined "brick" wins as wins against a top 25 foe. HI is preseason top 25. No mystery.

I believe Embree has set the HI game as more of a symbolic win than a big win. He wants the kids to be motivated the entire offseason. He wants the old players to be there pushing them all summer. As someone said we should paint a brick for the end of the hawkins error. It is basically what Embree is doing with the Hawaii win. It makes sense to me. Also as said above hawaii is preseason top 25 so it fits that criteria too

Based on how CU coaches have historically done in their first game, I would disagree.

What do you guys think should be "Brick Games"?

Here's my list of wins that should go on the wall:

- CSU
- Utah
- Top 25 opponent
- Pac-12 Championship game
- Bowl game
- Nebraska, if we ever get that scheduled
- Something "special" about the game

Even though Hawaii won't be a preseason top 25 in 2011, I'd make an exception and put it in the "special" category since it's the 1st game of the Embree era and we're trying to snap a very long losing road losing streak. Similarly, the Georgia game would have qualified last year since it was the 20th anniversary weekend from the National Championship.

What do you guys think should be "Brick Games"?

Here's my list of wins that should go on the wall:

- CSU
- Utah
- Top 25 opponent
- Pac-12 Championship game
- Bowl game
- Nebraska, if we ever get that scheduled
- Something "special" about the game

Even though Hawaii won't be a preseason top 25 in 2011, I'd make an exception and put it in the "special" category since it's the 1st game of the Embree era and we're trying to snap a very long losing road losing streak. Similarly, the Georgia game would have qualified last year since it was the 20th anniversary weekend from the National Championship.

I dont care who is a brick team as long as it isnt ****ing CSU. **** that ****. Its time for CU football to aim higher I hate that we even have to play the damn game.

I dont care who is a brick team as long as it isnt ****ing CSU. **** that ****. Its time for CU football to aim higher I hate that we even have to play the damn game.

this. unless and until (yeah, right) csu becomes a revelant program on a national scale, its like strutting around the house like your hot **** because you beat your 4 year old nephew at a game of football on the PS3. lame....

what does that have to do with beating an average knu team in '07 being worthy of being on that wall?

tOSU still gives tattoo coupons....errr gold pants to players after beating crappy Michigan teams. Every Nub game should be on the wall.

tOSU still gives tattoo coupons....errr gold pants to players after beating crappy Michigan teams. Every Nub game should be on the wall.

just because some other school does something ****ing stoopid, does not mean CU should too.....

One of the best things about rivalry games is "you can throw the records out the window". All those Nub games matter to me.

sure they matter in the aspect that they are a rival. that does not make any win over them signifigant to the programs overall history in terms of what this wall is supposed to symbolize.

have to have a solid, specific criterion for the wall. not coaches selections or pick and choose. top 25 when the game is played is fine. Utah, maybe....but, if you want to designate a rival....i have a separate thing for that. a trophy of some kind. if they are ranked, they can go on the wall as well. you'd be starting from now basically....and it's so uncertain how things will play...but USC-UCLA, UA-ASU aren't going to trump...so, looks like the Utes. CSU, no. beating them is routine, losing an embarrassment. let them do the maths.

have to have a solid, specific criterion for the wall. not coaches selections or pick and choose. top 25 when the game is played is fine. Utah, maybe....but, if you want to designate a rival....i have a separate thing for that. a trophy of some kind. if they are ranked, they can go on the wall as well. you'd be starting from now basically....and it's so uncertain how things will play...but USC-UCLA, UA-ASU aren't going to trump...so, looks like the Utes. CSU, no. beating them is routine, losing an embarrassment. let them do the maths.

You and I could not disagree more. It's for the coaches to choose.

imagine what it would look like if the last coach chose.

The last coach did choose. He chose to say that victories weren't all that important, and none mattered more than others. That's why we have this thread to begin with.

But our HC is still the head of the football program. The wall is as much a motivational tool as it is a visual record of proud moments enjoyed by our program. The Head Coach should be in the best position to determine those victories that are most important for both purposes.

Only top 25 and bowl wins. The PAC-12 Championship game ought to meet the criteria of top 25 anyway, at least most years, but that should probably be there regardless. Maybe MNC even if a loss, that's motivational. Specific teams that have crappy years don't belong there. JMHO

Only top 25 and bowl wins. The PAC-12 Championship game ought to meet the criteria of top 25 anyway, at least most years, but that should probably be there regardless. Maybe MNC even if a loss, that's motivational. Specific teams that have crappy years don't belong there. JMHO

I'm okay with this.

**** CSU ever being on that wall. They mean nothing but a W. A W against them is an expectation, a job, not something to be remarked upon. Which is why I hate playing them.

My thing with the CSU game is that if you're going to play it, then you need to treat it like a rivalry game and make it meaningful. If you don't and they care more than we do, then we set ourselves up for upsets.

So, unless you see us canceling that series going forward, I suggest embracing it and wanting our players to make a point of getting their "4 CSU bricks" while they're here and not being one of the guys who only has 2 or 3.

My thing with the CSU game is that if you're going to play it, then you need to treat it like a rivalry game and make it meaningful. If you don't and they care more than we do, then we set ourselves up for upsets.

So, unless you see us canceling that series going forward, I suggest embracing it and wanting our players to make a point of getting their "4 CSU bricks" while they're here and not being one of the guys who only has 2 or 3.

recruit: coach... i see a lot of wins on this wall from CSU....
coach: YEA!!! THATS RIGHT!!!
recruit: dont they kinda suck?
coach: YEAH!!! THATS RIGHT!!!
recruit: well then.... what is the point?
coach: POINT IS.. WE WHOPPED SOME INSTATE ASS!!!!
recruit: they sucked.
coach: SURE DID!!!
recruit: i dont understant the point then.
coach: POINT IS.... WE WHOOPED 'EM.
recruit: but beating a 4 and 8 team....? they were not eactly bragging about that sort of stuff on my visit to xyz. they definitly didnt have it up on any kind of wall....

what exactly are your goals around here again......???

Should get a traveling trophy for the CSU game. I wish we played AFA and they reinstated the governors cup.

CSU should not be a brick game. There should be some sort of trophy/cup. How about we bronze Cam's head to put on our mantle year in and year out? Agree with Mick on this one.

Back