What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Bricks

I suppose David Plati could dig into his archives and figure out how to issue some posthumous bricks and track down surviving family members who could accept the bricks on their behalf. When former players come back for various alumni functions, Embree might award them with bricks for them to lay. Watching former greats on their knees setting their bricks on the first day of Fall Camp each summer would be an awesome Buffs4Life outreach project.

Get Bohn, Plati, and Embree involved stat. This needs to happen. It would not only be a great tradition but I think it would provide a tangible and very literal example of how this thing isnt about each player, its about the team, and its history, Programs arent built by single players, but players working together just like bricks in a path.

I suppose David Plati could dig into his archives and figure out how to issue some posthumous bricks and track down surviving family members who could accept the bricks on their behalf. When former players come back for various alumni functions, Embree might award them with bricks for them to lay. Watching former greats on their knees setting their bricks on the first day of Fall Camp each summer would be an awesome Buffs4Life outreach project.

Hell yeah!

For noteworthy players who attended CU before this tradition began, we could give out bricks--a few at a time--during the half time of home games. And as Skiddy noted, families could represent for the deceased.

And new players would be given a bricks as incoming freshmen in hopes of exhibiting enough greatness to place it on the walk. If not, that player would pass it down to an incoming freshman when he left at the end of his tenure, in hopes the brick would make it to the walk one day.

This would absolutely support Coach Embree's vision to merge our great tradition with a new generation of Buffs!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hell yeah! We could give out bricks to previous greats--a few at a time--during the half time of home games. Each player committed to the Buffs would be given a brick in hopes of exhibiting enough greatness to place it on the walk. If not, that player would pass it down to an incoming freshman when he left, in hopes the brick would make it to the walk one day.

This would absolutely support Coach Embree's vision to merge our great tradition with a new generation of Buffs!

Emailed Bohn, and sent a link to this thread. Anybody here have contact with plati??

Side note, I think at home games against big time opponents we need to play some pink floyd hahaha

Last edited:
Brick in the wall would be way more cool than the lame overdone na-na-na hey hey goodbye song

CUAviator - I edited your post to remove the '@' symbol. There are spambots that can pick up on email addresses posted in the traditional format.

Wow. Another aviator. That makes 2 on AB that I know of (Helicopter pilots don't count).
I always think of flying a fixed wing aircraft as similar to falling asleep in a barber's chair. Even if you're all the way out, there's someone there making sure everything's ok.

Hey Allbuffs...I've been lurking till I recovered from my lobotomy. This is by far the best Buff site. I'm impressed with most of you guys. Some are questionable. :lol:

I have some input on the Bricks thing. When Coors field was being built the Rocks charged Avagadro's number of bucks to get an etched brick placed. Names, dates, a memorable quote etched on each brick. I did the same deal when my kid's elementary school was being built. We can now go back for eternity and read their bricks. The ideas being bantered here are great but maybe they can be expanded. Custom bricks (for $) to be laid into a Buff Walk thing. Alum, past players, fans. Have the band walk the Buff Walk before home games. Maybe I'm not healed so well, but just a thought.

I know Pink Floyd was mentioned here earlier so I chopped down a brick in the wall vid cuz I think it is appropriate. I WILL NOT bring anyone a beer or sammich, 'cept for Tini's mom maybe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZgBWqT6WdA

How can you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat!

Last edited:
Didn't intend to diss your mom tini. Seems you get teased here so I thought I'd throw one out. You have matured over the last few months and actually make sense now. I enjoy and appreciate your comments. You still suck tho......:rofl:

Didn't intend to diss your mom tini. Seems you get teased here so I thought I'd throw one out. You have matured over the last few months and actually make sense now. I enjoy and appreciate your comments. You still suck tho......:rofl:
:thumbsup:

I think this brick thing has legs in some fashion. Not claiming to be the marketing whiz here but I suspect there is talent out there that can make this work. Someone impress us.

Love the ideas here about the bricks and would like a whole program built around them. Great way to restore/re-enforce the traditions that are CU football.

Three parts to what I would like to see.

1. Pink Floyd's "Another brick in the wall" would be a great part. Maybe the music to start the second half or fourth quarter.

2. The foam bricks would be great. Wouldn't want the real ones in the hands of some of the people here after a few hours of tailgating and some flask snuck into the stadium. Could be very dangerous on the sidelines in the event of a bad call by the refs. Foam bricks sold as a fundraiser to help with part 3.

3. The walk of honor.
A. Each player is issued a black brick on his first day of practice. When he officially makes the squad he gets his name engraved on the brick. Each year he letters also gets engraved on the brick.
B. Upon graduation or appropriately leaving the program (going pro, injury reasons, etc.) that players brick is then added to the border of the walk of honor guiding the next generation of players down the path.
C. Players recieving special honors such as all-American, all-conference, team awards, etc. would recieve a gold brick in addition to their black one to be built into the border of the walk signifying their special contributions.
D. Returning players from the past who contribute to the program by giving speeches, visiting with current players, etc. or in other ways bringing honor to CU football would recieve a silver brick, again built into the border of the path.
E. The center of the path would be a light colored brick with significant team accomplishments recorded such as bowl games, big wins, etc.
F. Each player upon leaving would also recieve a copy of his brick as a memento. (or maybe these get presented at a future date like alumni games, etc.)

Back