What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Brilliant piece on how Boyle built CU into a winner

Me, too.

While their resumes are almost identical, I'd rather be Lute Olson than Roy Williams.

Sidetrack...

It is amazing how many Arizona (sorry, Zona) fans this is lost on. Reading their boards, all they talk about is how 'CU fans think basketball was just invented', and a 'couple of good seasons doesn't put them with us'. They seem completely oblivious (or too young to remember) that it really only does take one great coach to change the fortunes for a school. I would think that if any school got that it would be UA, but apparently not.

Sidetrack...

It is amazing how many Arizona (sorry, Zona) fans this is lost on. Reading their boards, all they talk about is how 'CU fans think basketball was just invented', and a 'couple of good seasons doesn't put them with us'. They seem completely oblivious (or too young to remember) that it really only does take one great coach to change the fortunes for a school. I would think that if any school got that it would be UA, but apparently not.

In fairness to them, though, they've seen upstarts all across the conference come and go while they've maintained excellence. Washington, Stanford, Oregon, Cal, Washington State, USC...they've all had periods of very solid basketball and most of them had a deep run (or a few) in the Dance before fading into irrelevance. Hard to maintain it at the top year after year. Stanford and Washington came closest, but now they've faded away

Last edited:
In fairness to them, though, they've seen upstarts all across the conference come and go while they've maintained excellence. Washington, Stanford, Oregon, Cal, Washington State, USC...they've all had periods of very solid basketball and most of them had a deep run (or a few) in the Dance before fading into irrelevance. Hard to maintain it at the top year after hear. Stanford and Washington came closest, but now they've faded away

screw your logic, **** zona (except the couple of guys that post here, they seem ok)

Sidetrack...

1. I'm not sure you got the memo, but we now refer to UA fans as "***********". It should just be "Chards" (sorry Sacky) but it's actually "***********". They're the exception that proves the rule, or something like that.

2. Everything I read from CU fans shows surprising self-awareness of our poor basketball past, and a sincere appreciation to be having any level of success whatsover. If the *********** think we believe basketball was just invented, they are likely creating a false world view to make them feel good about themselves. *********** are like that.

1. I'm not sure you got the memo, but we now refer to UA fans as "***********". It should just be "Chards" (sorry Sacky) but it's actually "***********". They're the exception that proves the rule, or something like that.

2. Everything I read from CU fans shows surprising self-awareness of our poor basketball past, and a sincere appreciation to be having any level of success whatsover. If the *********** think we believe basketball was just invented, they are likely creating a false world view to make them feel good about themselves. *********** are like that.

YMSSRA.

dammit. I hope this "***********" thing catches on. It has a good ring to it.

I'm curious to see the B1G's scheduling format for basketball if it hasn't been shown yet. I really love the Pac-12 scheduling format for both football and basketball.
Not sure the P-12 format is great for basketball IMO, can't exactly be duplicated. Are you going to pair MD/PSU? Where does that leave Rutgers?

YMSSRA.

dammit. I hope this "***********" thing catches on. It has a good ring to it.

Can an anyone link the origin of U of A fans equal "***********"? Is this an AB/Orr invention with a compelling backstory?

If Boyle can do what Wooden has done for UCLA we will be a happy program for a long time

FIFY

Of course this is tongue in cheek, but don't think for a second that perennial sweet sixteen threat is Boyle's goal for his legacy. 'He's on a mission from Gahd'

Do we lock in the AZ schools for home/home every year? I know the other 8 schools get rotated around, but it seems to me like we *should* be able to keep those two on the schedule twice a year.

Do we lock in the AZ schools for home/home every year? I know the other 8 schools get rotated around, but it seems to me like we *should* be able to keep those two on the schedule twice a year.

The North/South divisions only exist in football.

So for basketball the only home/home protection is with Utah, our paired rival. There will be years when UA/ASU or UCLA/USC or Cal/Furd or UDub/Wazzu or UO/OSU are only a home set or away set.

I guess that does beg the question of whether people would like a 22-game conference schedule instead of 18. Or whether people would like a North/South divisional configuration for basketball.

The North/South divisions only exist in football.

So for basketball the only home/home protection is with Utah, our paired rival. There will be years when UA/ASU or UCLA/USC or Cal/Furd or UDub/Wazzu or UO/OSU are only a home set or away set.

I guess that does beg the question of whether people would like a 22-game conference schedule instead of 18. Or whether people would like a North/South divisional configuration for basketball.
I know it's early but I'd love for UofA to be an annual home/home.

Buffnik is correct, we only play UCLA once this year and that is @UCLA. I only skimmed the article but Tad Boyle seems like not only a great coach but a great person. You guys gotta be happy as hell to have him. I look forward to the day that Kansas fans assume he will come back home and he turns them down and stays at CU.

Back