What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Brooks: CU Coaches Caravan Postcard - Day Three

MacIntyre said three of his defensive linemen have lost 20 pounds each but have 14 more to lose before they begin August camp. He wants a couple of linebackers to lose 15 pounds each, several offensive linemen to drop 10 to 12 and has a couple of receivers earmarked to gain 8 to 10 pounds. He said his team’s first-year weight loss task at San Jose State was more difficult, but “we came around OK . . . the next year we radically changed.” He expects the same results eventually at CU.

I didn't realize so many kids were out of shape for their position or that the last coaching staff was THAT out of touch with what the kids need to do to win. Conditioning is one of the keys Coach Mac cites when asked about how he turned around SJSU.

I don't see us having 2nd half meltdowns like last year. We were in most games at halftime (with glaring exceptions) but I'm guessing we were the worst second half team in the country last year. Just playing 4 quarters may win us a few more games.

Go Buffs!!!!

MacIntyre said three of his defensive linemen have lost 20 pounds each but have 14 more to lose before they begin August camp. He wants a couple of linebackers to lose 15 pounds each, several offensive linemen to drop 10 to 12 and has a couple of receivers earmarked to gain 8 to 10 pounds. He said his team’s first-year weight loss task at San Jose State was more difficult, but “we came around OK . . . the next year we radically changed.” He expects the same results eventually at CU.

I didn't realize so many kids were out of shape for their position or that the last coaching staff was THAT out of touch with what the kids need to do to win. Conditioning is one of the keys Coach Mac cites when asked about how he turned around SJSU.

I don't see us having 2nd half meltdowns like last year. We were in most games at halftime (with glaring exceptions) but I'm guessing we were the worst second half team in the country last year. Just playing 4 quarters may win us a few more games.

Go Buffs!!!!
Embree after all called Hawkins practices "recess." This is just lowering expectations and passing off some initial blame IMO.

Back