What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Brooks: Irwin Turns His Golden Years A Nice Shade Of Green

RSSBot

News Junkie
Former CU football/golf standout Hale Irwin was good on the PGA tour, but he's been even better on the Champions Tour -- formerly known as the Senior PGA Tour. He's a runaway leader in both wins and earnings.

More...

[FONT=cambria, serif]The Buffs' lack of recent football success has left him "disenchanted, like many of the alums," he said. "I'm not pointing a finger at (football coach Dan) Hawkins or anybody else. But what's perplexing to me is how it got on that downward spiral so quickly.[/FONT]
[FONT=cambria, serif]"Other schools hit rough patches, but they seem to pull out of it. I'm all for student-athletes and I hope CU turns out great students and citizens for our next generations. But one of the ways you promote that is through your athletic programs."[/FONT]
[FONT=cambria, serif]Irwin recently has spent time in Tampa, Fla., and Biloxi, Miss., with a tour stop looming in Birmingham, Ala. All are in a rabid football region that he says is "jumping with alumni trying to throw money at their schools . . . it seems like there's nothing to get our teeth into (at cu)."[/FONT]

:cry::bang:

[FONT=cambria, serif]
[/FONT]

I am surprised they included those quotes on cubuffs.com. It's usually all about the spin.

I am surprised they included those quotes on cubuffs.com. It's usually all about the spin.

I remain amazed at how badly the powers that be underestimate the value of being competitive at FB. The return on investment of a competitive ( not necessarily superpower) program is huge. Others have said it, FB is the front porch of any university. Tear that down and not nearly as many people will come knocking on the front door. And that front door analog applies to applicants, donors, alumni, media exposure (hopefully positive) etc. CU just can't seem to get out of it's own way most of the time....top notch campus, location, respected research facilities, nobel prize winners...so much potential squandered.

Back