What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Bryce Givens

That's a big maybe. Perhaps you should ask them. If you want to lead the torch wielding villagers, be my guest. I'm just bummed about this.

I'm bummed, too. I'm bummed that the team is losing a very promising and gifted athlete. I'm bummed that he's throwing away his talent. I'm bummed for him. I'm bummed for me. I'm not weilding any pichforks, but I'm also not averse to calling it like I see it. The guy is a total dumbass for throwing away the gifts he's been given.

That's a big maybe. Perhaps you should ask them. If you want to lead the torch wielding villagers, be my guest. I'm just bummed about this.

He hasn't been convicted of anything yet, so he gets his day in court like everyone else. However, as a general philosophy, I think getting busted with a bag of weed is a college mistake. Perhaps getting into a scuffle at a party might be a college mistake. Even vandalism might be a college mistake.

Unprovoked, strong armed robbery on a fellow student is not a simple college mistake. It's a sign of a serious douche.

Hello Fulmer Cup. Dammit Bryce!
a6cd0862-4b8b-8383.jpg

I feel bad for his parents. Unless, of course, they are those douchy helicopter parents that raised a spoiled brat.

I'm uncomfortable with this level of excoriation. The kid screwed up, let his parents do this kind of talking.

A 22 yr old is hardly a kid, and screwing up is something like getting arrested for public intoxitation, not mugging someone.

Assaulting and robbing someone is not a "****, college was crazy" shenanigan.

Edit: no need to beat a dead horse.

I've robbed a few people at gunpoint before, it's all in good fun. Not sure what you guys are freaking out about?

I don't consider him a kid, he has reached the legal age and passed it, he can legally make his decisions and be held accountable for them.

I also though will say that a person isn't a kid one day with all the protections and one magical day later a fully rational adult. The law has to have a cutoff but from a human standpoint it takes a period of time to develop judgement, to understand consequences and consider implications of your actions.

Bryce is young enough that he can overcome this stuff and have a successful life as a contributing member of society. The problem is that this isn't an isolated incident for him that can be chalked up to a young mistake that is out of character. He has had a history of varying incidents that indicate at best a patern of bad judgement and at worse a problem with alcohol abuse, a failure to control his emotions including his anger, and a lack of understanding of right and wrong.

Given his previous incident, I doubt he will be shown much mercy by the court if found guilty.

It is funny to me that "helicopter parents" are ones who hover over their kid constantly, while our resident "helicopter parent" left his kid to go on a year long fishing vacation.

dude...

I was expecting others to react negatively, and you to think it was funny. That's how it normally works. I guess with family things, the game changes.

I was expecting others to react negatively, and you to think it was funny. That's how it normally works. I guess with family things, the game changes.

I normally find inappropriate stuff funny (I was counselled by Legal today, 'cause apparently you can't make "teabag" jokes in mixed company anymore).

But I can't help (or even always) predict my emotional response to things either. In this case, I missed Folsom Whizzer's third birthday two days ago, and Jaaaaay Jaaaaaaay Mac turned one while I was out here, and I'll miss his second birthday as well. So it's a little sensitive, but as I always say, a little sensitivity should never stand in the way of a good joke.

My comment said "kid". You have multiple kid. I wasn't even talking about you..right? Right?!

Yes. And I'm sorry.

Tapatalk because I'm not bringing my laptop to the ****ter.

Tapatalk because I'm not bringing my laptop to the ****ter.

Back