What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

bsn BSN: Around the Herd 5/31/16: Recruits and reinforcements

RSSBot

News Junkie
It’s going down on the TL

We talk a lot about what social media can do for a college athletics program, both positive and negative. It’s safe to say that things have been going pretty well as of late for Mike MacIntyre’s football program, at least since (redacted) chose Cal over the Buffs.

My Official Top 7 (No Order)
—————————
•USC
•UCLA
•WEST VIRGINIA
•CAL
•OHIO STATE
•MIAMI
•COLORADO pic.twitter.com/NYclqJCwpo

— Tate Martell (@TheTateMartell) May 31, 2016

Bless Up.
My Top 6 Schools.
Thank you again everybody. #TAOS
1f64f.png
1f3fe.png
pic.twitter.com/jyFPjl4flo

— Greg Rogers (@CityBoyGreg) May 30, 2016

TriO #CU #GOBUFFS pic.twitter.com/OYIVxxwtgG

— BUBBA BOLDEN#11 (@BubbBolden) May 28, 2016

This brangs!!! Colorado really messin with them Vegas boys I feel https://t.co/XgTCwlGqCf

— BUBBA BOLDEN#11 (@BubbBolden) May 25, 2016

Yeah, that’s just a little sample from some of the most talented recruits on Colorado’s board. Martell is the top ranked dual threat quarterback in the country, while both Rogers and Bolden are four-star prospects as well.

If this kind of momentum can lead into a few commitments, and ultimately signings, then #TheRise might actually be more than a theme…it could be real.

Global game

Former Buffs linebacker/defensive end Josh Hartigan has spent much of his post-college career overseas in Europe, playing for one league or another. Famously, he told reporters outside a CU practice once that the food in Germany was so bad, he started shedding weight at a completely unsustainable pace.

Nonetheless, Hartigan has kept on living his football dream. His latest stop is in Sweden, playing for the Carlstad Crusaders and playing both linebacker and wide receiver.

Here you can see him, wearing No. 7, catching two touchdown passes and bodying some defenders in the process. Always an emotional leader in Colorado’s locker room, he also gets a flag thrown on him for taunting an opponent post-torching.

We here at BSNBuffs.com completely endorse Hartigan and his celebrations.

Back up the truck

In case you missed it, former Colorado power forward Andre Roberson is going to get paid a lot of money to continue playing basketball in the NBA. To some, that doesn’t come as a surprise. To others, usually ones who don’t really understand basketball, their surprise might be a thing.

Either way, it’s hard to understate how important he was to this Oklahoma City Thunder team, despite them falling 96-88 on Monday night in Game 7 of the Western Conference Finals to the Golden State Warriors.

Roberson averaged 4.8 points and 3.6 rebounds person this season, while shooting career highs from the field and three-point distance. Not only that, but he proved to be the only defender capable of guarding Klay Thompson of the Warriors.

“Not in my house” – Andre Roberson #NBARapidReplay#WARRIORSvTHUNDERhttps://t.co/t3y0x2Lb6M

— NBA (@NBA) May 29, 2016

Yes, indeed, Fly Dre is going to be buying the next round at Absinthe House on his next Boulder visit. Oh, Absinthe closed? What about Catacombs, that’s still…no? Word. Maybe he’ll just go out in Denver then, guys.

Wes is goin’ down unda

If there was ever a single reality show in the world that I would pay for, even invest in, it would be a travel show featuring Wesley Gordon. I’ve long said that my favorite interview ever done was with Wes, where he answered every question with approximately four words before looking to Josh Scott, standing next to him, for his response.

That was, of course, before I turned off the recorder. After I turned off the recorder, he grabbed a nearby ball, pounded it into the ground, and let out his battle cry, “POINT FORWARD Y’ALL!” It was the greatest moment in my career, while also cementing my desire to see him travel the world, eat foreign food, and tackle the most important issues facing our world today.

Wesley Gordon to play with @pac12 All-Star team in Australia in July https://t.co/gSFncuXHV2@Mr_Tropicana_pic.twitter.com/n3TGPtm1UM

— Colorado Basketball (@CUBuffsMBB) May 31, 2016

I don’t know who it was that hacked into my brain and stole this idea (kind of) but they deserve some sort of medal or prize or something. They deserve every ounce of praise that I have to give. I can only hope that there is a camera following Wes at every turn, waiting for his takes on kangaroo meat, Vegemite, and obviously, the nuances of 1967 Penfolds Grange Bin 95.

As for the basketball stuff he’ll be doing, I bet that’ll go great or whatever, too.

Don’t be a tease…

Both guards signed by head coach Tad Boyle in the 2016 class have arrived on campus and already, Deleon Brown and Bryce Peters seem to be enjoying some off-season chemistry.

@BrycePeters_23 With the assist✊
1f3fd.png
1f3c0.png
pic.twitter.com/gybA9haut7

— Del (@DeleonBrown_) May 31, 2016

First bang out as a Buff
1f3fe.png

Vid Creds to: @DeleonBrown_ pic.twitter.com/if1DhP3iJ8

— Bryce Peters (@BrycePeters_23) May 31, 2016

Expectations on this duo are all over the place, but at least people can get a taste for some of their explosiveness now.

William Whelan
Continue reading...

Back