What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

bsn BSN: Best dunks by Colorado Buffaloes, ever?

RSSBot

News Junkie
There isn’t a single play in basketball that changes momentum as much as a dunk–this is a claim I’m not willing to debate with anyone, so let’s just accept it and move on. Watching a player soar into the air, seemingly effortlessly, before throwing one down is simply unmatched.

For the Colorado Buffaloes, they’ve had their fair share of posters, Sportscenter highlights, and game-changing dunks, but which ones were the best? Who were the best dunkers?

We threw together our top five dunks of the Tad Boyle era, also coincidentally when YouTube became reliable for collecting such evidence.

5.) Xavier Johnson kicks things off vs. Kansas

The dunk itself wasn’t crazy or anything, but it was the fact that the Buffs were hosting KU on ESPN and in front of a huge audience. Then, remember that this was the first bucket of the game for the Buffs. Huge play, huge win for the program.

4.) Burks’ 180-windmill marks new beginning

This was the first game of Boyle’s tenure in Boulder and, if I remember correctly, the first points of the season. Either way, it was a sick dunk by the most naturally talented player the Buffs have had in quite some time.

3.) Carlon Brown delivers “showtime”

Punching through the final blow to California in the Pac-12 Tournament, Brown reminded everyone how athletic he was. They shouldn’t have needed that reminder, since he had been doing ridiculous things all year, but he did nonetheless. His tomahawks against Arizona in the title game and UNLV in the Big Dance are right there as well.

2.) Andre Roberson bangs on Bachynski

There has been no villain to CU in the Boyle era like Jordan Bachysnki. He knocked out Josh Scott, took cheap shots at every turn, and was just plain ugly. Roberson punched on his head, talked some smack, and dominated him defensively. It wasn’t Jordan’s best night in Boulder.

1.) Shannon Sharpe breaks the internet

This is just what Deuce does, everyone.

Think we missed one? Shoot us your favorite CU Buffs dunks on Twitter at @BSNBuffs!

William Whelan
Continue reading...

My favorite is Carlon Brown's.

Yep. Carlon's dunk was the exclamation point on the best memory we have as CU basketball fans... that improbable run to with the Pac-12 tournament.

They're talking about the Cal windmill:

But the one really etched in my memory is Arizona:

That Carlon Brown dunk against the *********** is still my favorite.

Carlon Brown wins do doubt but for an honorable mention I got to go a little obscure with my man Jayson Obazuaye. It was a ferocious dunk that came out of nowhere, against 2 guys. I can't believe I found a video, it starts at about 2:05 against ISU.

Carlon Brown wins do doubt but for an honorable mention I got to go a little obscure with my man Jayson Obazuaye. It was a ferocious dunk that came out of nowhere, against 2 guys. I can't believe I found a video, it starts at about 2:05 against ISU.

There's a name I haven't heard in a long time.

Back