What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

bsn BSN: Chiaverini coming home to join CU Buffs staff

RSSBot

News Junkie
As originally reported by Adam Munsterteiger of Buffstampede.com, and later confirmed in a press release from Colorado Athletics, former Colorado Wide Receiver (1995-1998) and current outside receivers and special teams coach at Texas Tech Univeristy, Darrin Chiaverini will join Colorado Football staff on Jan. 1, after fulfilling his duties in Texas Tech’s bowl game.

BREAKING: Darrin Chiaverini will be returning to Boulder as part of #CUBuffs' staff Jan. 1: https://t.co/FptCK8TMIp pic.twitter.com/2Kio629dtv

— Adam Munsterteiger (@adamcm777) December 15, 2015

Chiaverini will serve to replace Troy Walters as wide receivers coach and recruiting coordinator while also being named co-offensive coordinator, a position he held at Riverside College for four years before heading to Texas Tech.

The one-time Colorado standout was a top candidate to join the staff as soon as Walters left. By all accounts, this is a very strong hire for Mike MacIntyre and the Buffaloes, Chiaverini is seen as an up-and-comer in the coaching ranks while still having some experience in the positions he will be asked to fill at CU. Combine that with his knowledge and passion for Boulder and you’ve got yourself a great addition to the staff.

At Colorado, Chiaverini won in three bowl games and was a part of two 10-win seasons, in 1998, as a team captain, he caught 52 passes for 630 yards and five touchdowns. That year, the fan favorite was awarded the first ever Buffalo Heart Award.

Below are some comments from MacIntyre and Chiaverini from the press release issued by CU:

MacIntyre:

“Darrin brings an excellent expertise in the passing game to us from Texas Tech. Tech has a prolific passing offense, second only to Washington State in the NCAA, and we can draw upon what he did in Lubbock. He is an excellent recruiter and he’s passionate about the University of Colorado. We’re really excited to have him here, and I firmly believe he should help us improve…He was a former captain and a terrific player here, so it will be great to have a Buff on the staff.”

Chiaverini:

“It’s unbelievable, it’s something that’s been burning inside me and is obviously close to my heart. I can’t really put into words how excited I am to come back to a place I call home. Working my way up through the coaching ranks, it’s something I’ve always had my eye on to return to Colorado.

“I wanted to be a part of the program when I was younger, watching CU games in California growing up,” he added. “The stars just aligned to make a dream come true a second time.”

Ryan Koenigsberg
Continue reading...

Back