What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

bsn BSN: CU Buffs Top 20: No. 15 Anthony Julmisse

RSSBot

News Junkie
Over the next three weeks, BSN Buffs will be breaking down our top 20 Colorado Buffaloes entering the fall of 2017. These rankings were voted on by BSN Buffs editor Jake Shapiro and staff Chase Howell and Sam Weaver.

A true freshman in 2016, Anthony Julmisse had a hand in every level of the game, lining up on offense, defense and special teams. Listed as both a wide receiver and defensive back on the Colorado roster, Julmisse’s athleticism makes him a multi-dimensional threat across the board.

Though a significant portion of his contributions last season came on kick returns, Julmisse is poised to become a key piece of the Buffaloes secondary in 2017. With 75 percent of last year’s starting defensive back unit now playing in the NFL, Julmisse should see a huge uptick in his snap count with the secondary. During spring practice, Julmisse told BSN that he had been lining up primarily with the defense.

“I still may take snaps on offense,” Julmisse said, “but I’m not really focused on that right now. I’m just trying to do my job at corner.”

Alongside presumed starters Isaiah Oliver, Afolabi Laguda, Ryan Moeller and Nick Fisher, Julmisse should be a huge asset to the Colorado defensive backs unit. Last season, he had a fumble recovery and an interception in back-to-back matchups with Colorado State and Idaho State. Head coach Mike MacIntyre said during spring practice that Julmiss will “hopefully be a mainstay at one of our corner spots.”

Like our No. 16 selection on this list, Juwann Winfree, the BSN Buffs crew believes that Julmisse is in line for a breakout season in 2017. With so much of last season’s defensive talent departed to the NFL, Julmisse has the potential to earn a starting spot in the secondary this fall. His athletic skill set and ability to affect the game across all levels should mean a big season for the sophomore cornerback.

View the full list here

Sam Weaver
Continue reading...

Back