What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

bsn BSN: MacIntyre remains confident in Webb: “He’s definitely told me he’s still coming”

RSSBot

News Junkie
It’s the topic that has everybody in Buff Nation talking. Will Davis Webb be a Buff?

Webb committed to transfer to Colorado way back in January and since then Colorado fans and even coaches have been hyping up the former Texas Tech quarterback. All was going well until two weekends ago when news came out that Webb was visiting the University of California.

Since that news came out, speculation has run rampant and panic has set in as to what the Buffs will do at quarterback, all along, though, head coach Mike MacIntyre has remained publically confident.

On Wednesday, MacIntyre was on with AM 950’s Tom Helmer and Scott Hastings and reaffirmed his confidence.

“I have contact with him basically every day,” he said. “He’s definitely told me he’s still coming, that’s the way I see it and I’m standing by his word.”

“The rule is kind of crazy, he can sign with us but since you’re a transfer, you can still look other places,” he added. “So, as people have bad Springs with quarterbacks, you name it, they’ve called him every day. That’s the way that works.”

The importance of Webb’s transfer largely rests on that fact that Colorado’s three-year starter at QB, Sefo Liufau’s status is in question for the upcoming season as he rehabs a foot injury. Without Webb or Liufau, Colorado would be forced to turn to redshirt freshman signal-caller Steven Montez.

MacIntyre told 950 that Liufau actually encouraged him to pursue Webb.

“Like I’ve said all along—when Sefo broke his Lisfranc—everybody that understands a Lisfranc break, sometimes they come back okay, sometimes they take a little bit longer,” he explained. “You never know, so I sat down with Sefo and talked about how we had an opportunity and Davis Webb showed interest in us and he said, ‘Coach, we’re going to have a good football team, If I were you I would go get somebody because I don’t know if my leg is going to be well or not.'”

“He’s working on his foot,” added the head coach. “We’ll see as it all unveils and goes along.”

Finally, MacIntyre was asked about the best-case scenario, having Webb and a healthy Liufau and if that would be an open competition but he didn’t take the bait.

“That’s all really kind of hypothetical right now until they get here,” he said.

MacIntyre’s confidence in Webb should help to instill confidence in Colorado fans but, at this point, nobody will rest easy until the West Texas gunslinger is officially in Black & Gold.

Ryan Koenigsberg
Continue reading...

But he has a backup plan just in case. There is a Plan B, right?

Back