What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Buff Club Letter

Too broad of a question imo, wins the big 12 north with a 6-6 record or something like that, I would still not renew and still want him gone but I would understand why some may change their mind (and why he would stay, cause trust me at 6-6 he ain't going nowhere) but if he pulls off a 8-4 record (even if we don't win the north) then donations, tickets, and my full support of the head coach are all back. Wins is a more important indicator than the big 12 north imo (that's how bad our division is now :huh:), but in year 5 with all his recruits, all his promises, all his chances he better show his best season yet and too me even 7-5 will not be good enough.

First off, I agree with you that wins are the measure of accomplishment, not zen like sayings and a happy show for those who they look down on as they expect them to to pay up for a less than mediocre product.

My fear, and with Hawk it could happen, is that he takes the quality talent that he has accumulated, makes it work for a year, and gets his 8-4 or ever 9-3 season. He and those who have kept him in position then say I told you so and extend him again. He follows up by reverting to the old Hawk and we get another 3-4 years of underachievement, excuses, and embarassing losses, all explained by "We are this close, look at what we did in the bowl year, we are going to get that back. In the mean time the foundation of the program goes to crap.

For me to believe I now need more than one year, after all we have had four years of pathetic performances, one lucky year doesn't erase all of that.

First off, I agree with you that wins are the measure of accomplishment, not zen like sayings and a happy show for those who they look down on as they expect them to to pay up for a less than mediocre product.

My fear, and with Hawk it could happen, is that he takes the quality talent that he has accumulated, makes it work for a year, and gets his 8-4 or ever 9-3 season. He and those who have kept him in position then say I told you so and extend him again. He follows up by reverting to the old Hawk and we get another 3-4 years of underachievement, excuses, and embarassing losses, all explained by "We are this close, look at what we did in the bowl year, we are going to get that back. In the mean time the foundation of the program goes to crap.

For me to believe I now need more than one year, after all we have had four years of pathetic performances, one lucky year doesn't erase all of that.

Agree with you on this one. Hawk still has 3 years left on his contract so my guess is that after next season he may be allowed to stay but he will not be extended. It will take 2 years in a row of winning to get the next extention. Now Bohn, his contract is up in June I believe and I believe he is a deadman walking. I think he goes and the next AD gets to see what he thinks of Hawk during the next season. At that point, I believe he will be free to make changes if he believes they are necessary.

We will see.

I think Chilly asks a fair question, as well. Apologies to Sacky, your faith is not a requisite component in whether Hawkins can win or not, nor is mine. IF he does win the b12n, he has put his money where his mouth is.

Being as the Buffs largest obstacle to a great team is the fact that the best assistants will never come here owing to TABOR, what exactly will a coaching change accomplish?

I could give a flying crap if Husker Red comes and coaches, if he is winning - that is the target I seek.

True statement on the asst coaches and TABOR but what good does it do to keep a coach that continues to lose year after year? Let's be honest, hawk would have been fired after the nebraska game at most schools. Like sacky and others, me having no faith in hawk has no bearing on what will happen in 2010 but it will have an effect on myself as far as donations.

Technically, EB didn't lose his job due to TABOR. He took a job at UCLA because it afforded him more security than what he had at CU because of TABOR, though. Slight difference, but a good example nonetheless.

A "NO" from me as well. And if the Buffs were to win the north in 2010, I'd be willing to bet $$$ that Talkins comes off with a "I told you so" attitude.

No ****. He would be unbearable if they have a winning season next year.

No ****. He would be unbearable if they have a winning season next year.

I'd bear it just fine. He can be as big a dick as he wants to be so long as they win. So far, he hasn't earned the right to be a dick and he's being one anyway.

Technically, EB didn't lose his job due to TABOR. He took a job at UCLA because it afforded him more security than what he had at CU because of TABOR, though. Slight difference, but a good example nonetheless.
EB left because of Tabor. Little Eric has major health issues and Tabor not only limits state employees to 1 year contract but also forbids state institutions giving internal benefits to employees, such as health care at the CU Med Center. Those 2 items are exactly why EB left; UCLA offered a 2 year contract and benefits to UCLA med for little Eric. Money saved in medical care and stability.

EB left because of Tabor. Little Eric has major health issues and Tabor not only limits state employees to 1 year contract but also forbids state institutions giving internal benefits to employees, such as health care at the CU Med Center. Those 2 items are exactly why EB left; UCLA offered a 2 year contract and benefits to UCLA med for little Eric. Money saved in medical care and stability.

I'm not disputing any of that. But he didn't lose his job. He chose to go elsewhere.

Just curious. For everyone who is telling CU they will not renew until Hawkins is gone.

What happens if he wins the Big12 North next year. Does your statement still stand?

Until Hawkins is gone is pretty clear in my mind.

Back