What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Buffalo Heart Award

wsp4820

Evan Battey Fan Account
Club Member
Junta Member
This week is potentially the last home game of the season, when the Buffalo Heart Award would normally be given out. Does anyone know if they're doing it this year? I think Landman and Noyer would have to be the presumptive favorites with Landman given the nod because he's almost certainly leaving while Noyer will probably take advantage of the free year of eligibility to stay another year.

Other possible nominees:

K.D. Nixon
Derrion Rakestraw
Mustafa Johnson
Akil Jones
Kary Kutsch

Give it to the Hammer!

You guys got no love for a guy with two blown ACLs who now averages 183.25 rushing yards per game?
Love Brou but the award normally goes to a guy in his last season in Boulder. Brou will have his chance.

Landman has not been as severely injured as Brou but he has in his time at CU worked through and played through a lot of pain.

Like every year there are multiple guys who deserve some recognition but if you are looking at a guy who has shown the Heart of a Buffalo Nate is it.

Landman, shouldn't be close with the rules being what they are. We have a few that are deserving, if they met the criteria.

Last edited:
May be a year to give it to the whole senior class.
  • Played for 3 head coaches with a slew of interim coaches
  • No final spring season
  • Serious talks in summer that they wouldn't even have a season
  • Predicated to finish they year, once season announced, to be lucky to win one game
  • Leadership of this class has pushed team to 4-0 record in Dec with chance to win South
Many standout for their play on the field and I'll enjoying watching a few on Sundays, but I'll remember this whole class for the leadership they've provided in this messed up year and could possibly be the pivot we've been looking for to propel our program back where it should be. Well done boys! Go Buffs!

May be a year to give it to the whole senior class.
  • Played for 3 head coaches with a slew of interim coaches
  • No final spring season
  • Serious talks in summer that they wouldn't even have a season
  • Predicated to finish they year, once season announced, to be lucky to win one game
  • Leadership of this class has pushed team to 4-0 record in Dec with chance to win South
Many standout for their play on the field and I'll enjoying watching a few on Sundays, but I'll remember this whole class for the leadership they've provided in this messed up year and could possibly be the pivot we've been looking for to propel our program back where it should be. Well done boys! Go Buffs!

I hear you; fair points. However, call me a stickler for the rules or old school, but I think the criteria needs to stay the same and should be awarded to just one person. Once exceptions are made, more exceptions in the future will be sought. We will have another great Senior class in the future, and if The Rise senior class didn't all get the Buffalo Heart award, then I think we should keep it always one player. You can point towards differences between the two classes, but that feels like we're looking for reasons for something we (or in this case you and others in your camp) want, as opposed to just sticking to the criteria.

Don't all of these seniors have the opportunity to return next year if they want to?

Puts a kink in the voting.

it looks the official page for the Buffalo Heart Award is their facebook page.

the two relevant comment there about the award's criteria are:

• It has been presented each year since to the Buff who demonstrates grit, determination and toughness.
  • To this point in the award's history, it has always gone to a senior who has just played his final home game.

It mentions the award is granted each year, but doesn't limit the criteria of consideration to this year's performance. Assuming the full CU playing career is accounted by the voters, I don't think there's a strong case for anyone besides Landman. This position is supported by a scan of the official CU press releases for the last three winners -- they all speak to the player's full career, not just the season in which the player won the award.

Broussard would apparently qualify, as the second point above speaks to conventionally what has happened and not as a requirement. that being said, it would seem he's a long shot.

Back