What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Buffalo Heart Award

Initially I thought Hansen or Speedy but now I gotta go with Espinoza. Reminds me a bit of Rudy.

My vote for Hansen is due to all the crap he put up with yet he hung in there. Or is it "hanged" in there?

I'm voting for Perkins. Came back with a bad wheel this year while running a 5.0 forty and did everything he could on and off the field to help the program.

My vote for Hansen is due to all the crap he put up with yet he hung in there. Or is it "hanged" in there?

I've already said I would vote Speedy, but I could be totally happy with a Hansen win as well. He has put up with so much bull**** from the coaching staff, from injuries and sometimes from the fans. I remember this one old ****er that was actually calling for him to be benched about a quarter and a half into the season last year.... :rolling_eyes:

I would give it to some of the fans...the ones who go to every single game this season. They have shown heart and determination etc. I can't think of a single guy on the team that would actually deserve it more than the supporters who cheer for them.

I throw my vote towards Speedy.
He's the team Swiss army knife that does almost everything; running, blocking, catching, kickoff & punt returns. He's been on the coverage team and registered some tackles. The only time he threw the ball, it was a 23 yard TD pass.

He's broken a bone in his leg and injured his knee during games, playing his heart out for the Buffs. And he bounces back for more, again and again.

There's not one awkward quote or tweet. I can't think of a single off-field blemish on his record, other than being 5 foot 6 inches and 175 pounds.

Yet pound for pound in the weight room, he is the toughest Buff, benching 300.

Stewart gets eligible in the class room, gets on the field, and carries more than his fare share of the load. And he doesn't get caught in the press bitching about the coaches, the record, the fans, or being dinged up. Given his experience in Boulder with five losing seasons, he could have some choice words to say. Speedy speaks with his talent.

Rodney Stewart - Buffalo Heart nominee.
4,334 all purpose yards, and counting
22 TD's
6 tackles
4 year starter.

I throw my vote towards Speedy.
He's the team Swiss army knife that does almost everything; running, blocking, catching, kickoff & punt returns. He's been on the coverage team and registered some tackles. The only time he threw the ball, it was a 23 yard TD pass.

He's broken a bone in his leg and injured his knee during games, playing his heart out for the Buffs. And he bounces back for more, again and again.

There's not one awkward quote or tweet. I can't think of a single off-field blemish on his record, other than being 5 foot 6 inches and 175 pounds.

Yet pound for pound in the weight room, he is the toughest Buff, benching 300.

Stewart gets eligible in the class room, gets on the field, and carries more than his fare share of the load. And he doesn't get caught in the press bitching about the coaches, the record, the fans, or being dinged up. Given his experience in Boulder with five losing seasons, he could have some choice words to say. Speedy speaks with his talent.

Rodney Stewart - Buffalo Heart nominee.
4,334 all purpose yards, and counting
22 TD's
6 tackles
4 year starter.

That pretty much sums it up. Also, he never played leapfrog on the sideline.

Speedy.

Why is this even a debate?

No nonsense hard hitter and hard worker. Always competes. Displays talent and produces highlights even when the rest of the team doesn't. CU's all-time, all-purpose yards leader. 2nd all time rushing leader.

He displays that he has the Heart of a Buffalo every time he steps on the field.

This a total runaway in my mind.

In a lot of ways Speedy reminds me of Bobby Purify's career (who was also a recipient of the Buffalo Heart Award). Was not as heralded as other guys he played with or came in with but was a warrior. Not the best player but all Buff. Speedy is the same.

Speedy.

Why is this even a debate?

No nonsense hard hitter and hard worker. Always competes. Displays talent and produces highlights even when the rest of the team doesn't. CU's all-time, all-purpose yards leader. 2nd all time rushing leader.

He displays that he has the Heart of a Buffalo every time he steps on the field.

This. Not even close.

Back